The Reign of Doomsday thread

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Anyone pick up the Steel #1 book that kicked this storyline off last week?

I personally really like Doomsday and the Reign of the Supermen characters, so I'm excited for this storyarc. It was interesting I think to see Doomsday's new evolutions.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really only developed an interest in this story when the information for the Superman/Batman tie-in came out and confirmed that the Cyborg Superman is going to be involved. He sure didn't stay dead very long this time and I'd like to see how he came back, whether he still has the same motivation and how his character arc continues. Wonder if the Cyborg is going to be re-joining the Superman mythos permanently (hopefully not...) or whether he's just 'on loan' from the GL franchise for this storyline? Beyond that, I'm not especially interested in the story or any of the other characters.

Anyway, I'll definitely get this arc in TPB and intend to get the floppies at some point, since I like to have all of Henshaw's appearances in singles. But I'll probably wait a few months to get the singles until they become 'back issues' and the prices drop.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  3. Darkravager

Did he "die" at the end of the arc of GLC he was in? I don't remember that.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He contracted a severe case of plot-induced stupidity, attempted to take over Boodikka's body and she cut/disrupted/destroyed/whatever his consciousness on the 'astral plane'. IIRC, Ganthet or John or someone mentioned something to the effect that he was gone (don't have the issue handy).

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Cyborg Superman's body was destroyed and his consciousness jumped into Alpha Lantern Boodika's cyborg body. They "fought" in the astral plane and her (now human-looking) consciousness cut his (now human-looking) consciousness in half. I really liked Cyborg Superman's "all I want to do is die" outlook/motivation, but thought that was a really lame defeat. I'd like to see him return to being one of Superman's rogues again for awhile. Green Lantern has enough on it's plate right now.

So what happened to Steel? Did he die? As much as I like the character, I think he's too much like Iron Man and he'd be better off dead and as character development for Superman.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    His body has been destroyed a few times before, but it migrates to nearby machinery. Originally he was a herbieesque robot stalking his wife.

7. Darkravager

I don't think that Steel is dead. I think that Steel is still alive. Doomsday would have left him there if he were dead. Doomsday is probably holding Steel to taunt Superman.