Fan Art: The Rebirth of an idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shedbandit, Dec 9, 2006.

1. shedbandit

shedbandit Quintesson's Minion

Im baaaaaack.

After a hiatus of almost a year, its time for me to return in ernest with another hairbrained CG based scheme.

Im going to redo my Riffmasters idea, and I'm going to rename it Thrashmasters. To fill in those that havent known me long/dont know me at all, many moons ago while at Uni I created an animation called Riffmasters, it was G1 Optimus Prime, Ironhide, and Jazz playing Black and White by Static X. Looking back at it now that I can ACTUALLY animate, it was AWFUL! Click here to see how bad

The reborn idea is far more solid, I've had it planned in my head for about a year, and now I've finished my short film its time for the rebirth. This time we have Megatron, Thundercracker, Shrapnel and Bombshell as the band. They would be playing Imperium by Machine Head. At the point where the song slows down they will all be reformatted to their post TF:TM incarnations and then kick into the fast bit. Its a cunning plan, only thing is, if I have to model, texture and rig 8 characters, 5 Environments (Cyberton, Charr, Sherman Dam, The Nemesis, and the ruins of Autobot City). Then animate a 6 minute song.....thats gonna take me a while. I may need some help.

I've just finished animating my short film "The Truth About Photobooths", and im looking for another project, especially since I now know all the stages of production that are required to actually make something solid. My short took 6 months on my own, and its only 1:32.

I've posted this idea before, but this is an offical "I'd be interested in lending a hand" thread. Pete, I know your busy atm (Redemption / life, etc) but any help you could give on texturing would be great....even if its just pointing me at some decent tutorials. Venksta, your recent stuff has been amazing, any good at environments? Mike, any chance of getting another 30 days of MAX, the stuff you've been working on has been NUTS!

Anyone thats interested raise your hands...I'll be making it even if no-one has the spare time, it'll just take me longer.

For those who dont know my work here's a couple of example...which pale compared with some of the work I've seen here over the last year.

You can see a VERY early version of my short film (its about 3 months old) on myspace, along with another finished shot.

Here's some rendered stuff....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ive definately missed seein your work man :D 

3. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Very nice job on the Energon Megatron dude!

4. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

oh I love Energon Megatron! Looks cool as hell.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That E. Megs almost made me poo my pants.:thumb 

6. shedbandit

shedbandit Quintesson's Minion

...and I've missed posting it mate. That will now change. First model, just to ease myself back into it will probably be Megs....maybe the Seeker.