The reason why there were more Humans than bots.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Archaea, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

As much as I wanted to see more of the Transformers themselves. People on this board have a full lack of Studio animation understanding.

Even with 100% completed models of each and every transformer, the piecing together of each scene is an act in tedium.

It literally takes 2-3 hours of animation, compressing, and rendering to a scene with just the robots themselves. why do you think when they are all in one scene, movement is minimal from individual bots.

Unless they are important to the scene in a dialogue way, they keep minimal animation. They had Optimus doing the Letterman countdown, his movements were constantly being recycled. Theres a ton of cost in doing animation.

Eventually faster computers and AI calculations will make it cheaper and easier. That's why they focus heavily on the humans, outside of scripting purposes.
    Avatar got away with it because the used the actual actors, then CGI'ed them. Minimal work involved.

I don't think people get it... they never will.
    People instead of looking beyond things, take it at face value without understanding the work involved.

2. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

That makes sense. I personally loved all three movies. The only thing I don't like is the unnecessary scenes like seeing a man's bottom (Simmons) or over sexual jokes (toilet humour) and other unnecessary things. Other than that, I love this triology and it's been one great ride for the past 4 years for me.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bot modes were mo caped like avatar. This also doesn't hold water because rotf and the first movie were bot heavy with the same or smaller budget. The issue, I think, isn't with the lack of bots but the actual lack of the title "stars" of the movies having any actual star parts.

4. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $. That is and always will be the reason.

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Yup

6. Archaea

Exactly you gotta pay them animators to sit in front of those pc's for hours on end. That gets expensive. Even Bay stated that the robot animation was more thorough on this one. That takes time and money.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have proof of this? The original 2 TF films they took reference footage of guys flyng around and fighting, but the bits were all frame-animated by animators.

I'm pretty sure Farrar and the Ilm guys kept it the same in this film..

8. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Here's another reason why there's more humans than robots in these movies....they're set on Earth?!

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Cool story.
    Which studio you work at or run?

10. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Does he necessarily have to work at a studio to have an understanding of the way these people work? Come on bellpeppers, anyone can find this information given the right resources. The guy's obviously done his homework, which is a hell of a lot more than most people will bother to do before bitching about the lack of robots.

11. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    It would grant him more credibility.

12. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

It actually takes a great deal more than 2 to 3 hours. It can take weeks just for one shot, sometimes months depending on what you're rendering. Even after modeling and animating, rendering alone can take an extraordinary length of time. I believe the creation of Shockwave alone was said to have taken 30 weeks, and that was even before implementing him into shots. I'm a 3D environment artist, and a still frame alone of a static environment can take a good few hours.

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Don't forget about the compositing.

14. Archaea

I never worked for a Studio. Im an architect and Photographer, with a degree in Computer programming, a certificate in 3d design, and practical work experience.

I worked for Bosch an Aluminum Company in SC, and IBM. Credibility enough?^^