The Reason I'm Bad at WFC Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I mainly posted this to see if anyone else has this problem, but anyway.

Team imbalance. I always happen to be put on the side with inexperienced players, and it drives me absolutely crazy, because I keep getting trashed by all the Level 25/Prime Mode players that are all piled on to one team. Anyone else have this?

2. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Are you quite powerful then? If so I can imagine the frustration due to the other teammates who are holding you back because there being killed so many times.

3. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

I know when me and my friends squad up we are an intimidating bunch to join a game with because we are all maxed out (we have been playing together since day 1)... But we normally group up b4 heading into a lobby. This can cause a serious imbalance as we are just waiting for whichever 5 randoms to join the lobby.

A friendly suggestion: "friending" other comrades in WFC, grouping together in a party lobby, then jumping into a match to brawl together. I find it a whole lot more fun when you play with friends instead of randoms. This could possible help your game play as when you start playing with a consistent group of people, you eventually learn how to compliment each others style of play. Oh and you of course start to learn different tactics you might not of thought of before from your comrades... This has helped my general game play a lot.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah I found that a little teamwork goes a long way in this game.

5. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yes, I am fairly powerful, my highest leveled bots are Level 14 Scout and Scientist, but I've played since about November 2010, if you count having the computer version. I have figured out lots of great tactics, like to snipe at Conquest Nodes, but I still get owned often... I guess I just need to practice a lot more.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Practice does make perfect. But I the tips I can give you are:
    1) Learn the weapons and where and when they are best used.
    2) Learn the abilites and where and when they are best used.
    3) Try practicing with a certain class over a certain period of time. Like Scout one week and Soldier another.
    4) Try aiming your vehicle at an enemy, boost towards them, transform, and meele them. That is a great technique.

Those are the best tips I can give you.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

This one of my top 5 problems with the game.

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Thanks, but I do know a lot of great techniques, like sniping Node B in Molten, and I'm really good with all of the classes, but for some reason my weapons ALWAYS kill slower.

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I know, right?

10. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

If you're doing Conquest, maybe you should focus more on node capture. I've played against so many people who try to get the most kills but I always end up with the highest score as my conquest points always beats my kill ratio. It's an effective way to build up your classes when you're outmatched.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Welcome to matchmaking.

12. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how everyone playing online has lousy teammates :lol : :thumbs2: 

13. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I also hate this. Only recently (yesterday) did I actually get extremely pissed off.

Gorge, my favourite map for Scientist, got me 23-4 deaths. Normally, you'd win the game. Wrong. I had 3 other teammates, who lost us the game, 15 deaths? Are you serious? The opponents weren't even that good! Anyways, I hope they split the 'Primes' evenly, with lower levels having an equal balance on both teams.

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I was playing earlier and someone managed to get 18 kills, 0 deaths. What the actual fuck?

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I think I got this once. The other team had really sucky noobs at that time.

Anyway, doesn't the computer eventually even out the teams as rounds pass by? Like, the best two players of round 1 are assigned to opposite teams for round 2, and so on.

16. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

Those are fun matches lol... I find picking my battles help me and knowing when to retreat for that energon cube, is key

From what I've noticed its only the top two players of the last match that gets split up not sure what happens with the rest of the players... But if you have small to full groups of ppl in the lobby I'm not sure it splits ppl up properly

17. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I learned how to play wfc on pc with my friends that are nuts about shooter/fps games. They were able to teach me fundamentals very quickly (wfc was my first shooter, I play fighting games primarily), and I dare say we had one of (if not the best) PC conquest team when we played.

When PC got overloaded with stupid hacks I tried out the 360 version for a bit (since I played on a 360 controller for PC) cause I thought it would be an easy transition. For the most part it was, but it just wasn't the same without my team. It's very hard to communicate a gameplan on live to your teammates when the majority would rather cry and bitch about opponents outsmarting them. Tis the nature of xbl I suppose.

But yeah I just called it quits shortly after running on 360 for a bit. Just wasn't the same without my team.

Not sure if it's how it worked on consoles, but if you formed a party on PC before joining a game, the computer would NEVER split your team up. If you all joined individually, it could. But yeah if partys are formed beforehand, it will keep them intact despite who has the highest scores.

18. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

It's not really that hard, actually. I've got 24 kills and 0 deaths many times (that damn challenge...), but of course it helps if others are new players and just rush into the battle. :p 

But yes, it's annoying when you know you're good and your teammates are not-so-good. But it usually helps if you stick with the not-so-good players and 'protect' them.

If you're playing with scout, have cloak and dash as abilities, and choose back-stab from those other abilities (whatever they are called). Have a null-ray as another weapon, the other doesn't matter as much. Now, with a cloak and dash you get behind an enemy. If it's only scientist or scout, just melee attack to back is enough to kill them. If it's soldier or leader, first use null-ray (when you're right behind the guy) and then melee attack, and the guy is dead. This way you're deadly in a close combat, but can also shoot from afar. And it's easy to run away if you're about to die. ;) 

As a scientist, just have the extra grenade, shotgun and photon-burst rifle and you should be ready to go. Shockwave is a good ability especially in maps where there is possibility to drop down. Drain as another one is a back-up health. I can say it's a good combo, I once killed two leaders and one soldier who were all trying to kill me in a corner where there was no way out. Made my day.

But these are just the tactics that I use and prefer, there's plenty more also. Just find the combination that suits you the best and you'll be unstoppable. One more tip: learn how to run away and where the healths are. Running away is a trait that will bring you far. :D 

19. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

Join the dark side and grab a ps3 bro :rock 

20. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Use the Scout with this formula:

Cloak + Sneak up behind opponent + Shoot them 3-4 times with the Scatter Blaster + Dash + Melee

That's what I always do with the Scout, and it's really effective. You can win one game with a ton of kills and maybe 1-2 deaths by using that method. Considering that the Scout is the best at escaping when they're gonna gang up on you. You must have Cloaking and Dash equipped, they make the Scout unstoppable.