The Really now Hasbro? Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, instead of everybody exploding on the Toy section of the Forum, why don't we just post in this tiny little area?

Got something that Hasbrow has or hasn't done that you just kinda want to state? Here is the place! (inb4 Ruined forever)

And right now my "Really now Hasbro!?" is, the fact that in Vegas... we are just midway threw HFTD... Just saying... I know that there are a million reasons of why we are only at that stage... but I would love some Reveal the Shield up in here, without having to go to the rare store that "might" have it.

So yes, got some random complaints that wont ever be fixed. Post away, I'd like to hear your fun little stories about how Hasbro fails. ;D

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I live in the UK, so it's probably best I stay out of this thread.

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    I've got one, how bout making all MP releases more widespread? (Never saw MP grimlock)

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it was up to me...

I'd plan in a new series after Transformers Prime rebooting the G1 continuity by launching a new series on the most popular TV networks using the old sound for the first two seasons and then update the animation to modern style animation (a la naruto) based on the classics line toys and allways keeping proportions and colours true to what the would be toys look like.

The toyline obviously being the classic toys as the molds allready exist, being released in several waves in tandem with what character was in the spotlight on the cartoon, with new molds being made and having others upgraded.

Starting the third season I'd not go the movie way, but instead carrying on in the season 2 way.

Galvatron and the movie toys would be introduced as Transformers who didn't go to earth, but who instead continues to wage war with Galvatron who took over after Megatron on Cybertron after an epic battle with shockwave.

The Cybertron bit would be launched as a spinoff series where the characters from the earth transformers and cybertron transformers would interact with eachother.

A character like Wheeljack could for example leave for Cybertron in the earth series because of a distress call from Cybertron about some thingomobob that only he can fix and then be back in the next episode or be gone from the show for an episode while something happens that the Autobots desperatly need Wheeljack for but the *new figure to be released* solves instead, introducing new figures like Drift.

For the toys that need it I'd redo 'em into a size apropriate class.

I'd redo the whole concept of scout as a class to making them bigger to the point where they'd be on scale with classics bumblebee.

I'd buy Fansproject and select third party companies and integrate them in the hasbro dev team for transformers in an attempt to catch things that could have been done differently and increasing playability and decreasing "wtf is this" moments

All the figures would once again come with accessories. G1 style weapons that the figures hold in their hands would be standard.

I'd introduce a system for ordering specific toys to the dealers, kind of like preorder/backorder on the websites alongside the normal delivery system, so that kids can actually go into a toystore, (make a downpayment?) and then actually get the toys they want instead of going to 20 different locations hunting the toys down.

I'd also introduce limited runs with an alternative packaging and a bonus item or two for the collectors, like the run of the mill cyclonus could come with his little purple gun from the show and the collector version could come with Nightstick.

I'd introduce Gestalt combiners to the toyline.

I'd introduce accessory packs to replace missing weapons

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Universe 2.0 Dinbot and Hound.

6. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    How about a new better version of a Unicron figure? Is it to much to ask that he looks like an actual planet in alt mode? With the stuff they're doing now days with these things I see no reason why we can't have a better more accurate Unicron figure. I wouldn't complain if he wasn't huge and wildly expensive. Just a leader class size would suffice.

7. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

Same here, i live in continental europe which is even worse...

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I kinda find it hilarious that the first post complaining about Hasbro is a problem Hasbro has nothing to do with... distribution depends on how much your area sells and what the local warehouses ship out next. Hasbro has a toy produced and shipped out for two months to the same core distribution hubs for Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, etc, and they have zero control over anything beyond that.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ditto.

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Distribution.

11. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL :D  And what should I say then ? The only good new is that someone spotted in some Carrefour chain stores RTS Jazz and Tracks, but for the remaining scene, it's a shame...

12. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    WE NEEDZ MOAR TOYZ IN EUROPEZ! STOP CANCELLING LINES AFTER TWO WAVEZ!

That about covers it.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Exactly. I think for those of us who live in TF collecting 'backwaters' where Hasbro has seemingly forgotten about us or just treats us with outright disdain, it's probably safest if we just bow out of this thread or else the floodgates of rant will undoubtedly open.

If anyone needs me I'll be over here sitting on my hands and grinding my teeth.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    NO GENERATIONS OR RTS for Guatemala?? really hasbro?? :( 
    and WHy it Takes Freaking Months for a new Wave to come Here???

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Why all the Black unpainted Rims anymore? RTS Jazz looks bad with those black wheels. I painted mine Silver. I understand the cost of paint, however, come on....Not many real cars have black rims other then guys who buy them aftermaket.

16. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Gestalts.

Other than that i'm fairly happy with what's being produced and am having relatively little trouble circumventing 'distribution'.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Up you said it best.

Combiners. Why is it so hard to get 5 unique robots to make one bad ass robot.

We know they can do it, it was goign to happen with Animated season 4.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

RotF Supreme Devastator.

19. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Dear Hasbro;

Stop releasing crappy repaints of unpopular molds (Ravage, Mudflap, Skids, Elita-1, etc). All they do is sit on the pegs collecting dust, prohibiting the retailer from ordering more newer and popular toys. You are seriously losing major profit potential by pushing product that nobody wants.

Also, I know he is a popular character, but please stop churning out Movie Bumblebees like they are going out of style, because frankly, they are out of style. The countless HA Bumblebees that you release with EVERY SINGLE HA wave are just warming the shelves, even on clearance. What do you do about that? Why, release another Bumblebee with the next HA wave! Genius!

But to be serious Hasbro, these are just minor gripes I have. You and Takaratomy are amazing companies that produce some of the most awesome toys imaginable. You even go the step further and release updated G1 characters with the fan in mind. With that, I would love to thank you. All you need to do is just put a little more research into what is popular or not. Other than that, keep up the fantastic work!

Sincerely,

Insecticon

P.S. Please ship more things to the United Kingdom. They are people, too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Usually the things I take issues with are when a design choice is made that is a glaring problem and yet somehow made it to production. And I'm not talking about QC, but actual design choices. Some good examples would be RTS Jazz and his chest that doesn't lock down, ROTF Bludgeon's loose noodle sword, and 2007 Deluxe Brawl's arm clips. These are design choices that should have been reworked or rethought, but instead all levels of testing somehow approved these things. It might be an issue of time, keeping it within child safety standards, and all together cost, but it still makes me say "Really?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.