The REAL TMNT UPDATE: Confirmed As Student Project

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Apr 26, 2010.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a three-pack of the movies out there on DVD now, and it should be pretty cheap...

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Aw, shucks. I was just getting into it.

3. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

Does anyone still hate or like better the design after I edited it?

[​IMG]

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're editing is great (like you did a great job), but no, I still like the smaller eyes. It becomes a kid's movie all over again.

5. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

3-pack? The 25th anniversary edition has all 4.

6. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

Just cause the eyes look like that doesnt mean its a kids movie. But if you want a turtle to kill someone, Even in a gritty movie take, iots is not gonna work. Just look at the spider-man movies. He still din't kill anyone and it wasn't a kid movie.

7. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not to burst anyone's bubble... but the new TMNT reboot (done by Nickelodeon) will be based off the recent CGI movie. This project is currently under development over at their animation studio. Although I'm not tlaking about the movies... this is for their new cartoon series.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want the turtles to kill someone. Like they did in the black and white comics. The turtles are ninja, they use pointy weapons. Spiderman fights with fists and webs. They kill, mame, or pummel their enemies, and the comic itself is very very noir in style. Nothing about TMNT screams Spiderman.

They didn't have pupils when they wore their bandanas, and I was very surprised and pleased when the 2003 cartoon followed that style.

This is still not a bad thing. The important thing that TMNT has to have is their brother-like conflicts. That recent movie was still badass, the only thing that killed it for me was Winters. I wanted either Saki, or Karai as a main "villain." But in terms of the turtles themselves... Spot pho-king on. Leo and Raph's fight that I have waited for ever to see, and Casey and Raph hanging out on the rooftops (Comics come to life)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  9. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    I agree the 2003 cartoon was badass. Great animation, great story, character development, great action and over all a far duperior cartoon to the 80's verson. The Onl thing I didn't like was the fact The Shredder was an Utrom but still it's an awesoem cartoon...

Unfortuantely most people I know think that 2003 version was crap becasue it was too violent, that it lacked the humor and charaters of the 80's version, and that it will somehow make children violent and stupid crap like that(?!?!) failing to realise that 80's Turtles was as far from teh source material as a show possibly could...

I did love Krang however...

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Student work? Thank God.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

These are what I thought of too when I saw the new head. To be honest, I wasn't terribly fond of those issues, but the art style is certainly very interesting. I'm not sure it would work for a whole movie.

I loved the newest movie and I'm glad to hear that the new cartoon will be following in that style and storyline.