The REAL REASON why your theater doesn't have it in IMAX 3D (According to me)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jun 21, 2011.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    So, I think this is my last thread about my theater not having DOTM in IMAX 3D.

Anyway, I FINALLY received an email response from my theater about DOTM IMAX 3D tickets (My IMAX theater is the new one in Fort Wayne, Indiana) I also found out theaters that didn't have it could possibly have a chance (Highlighted in Red).

This is what they gave me (Reason about why it wasn't there is highlighted in black):

Unfortunately Disney and Paramount decided to release Cars 2 IMAX and Transformers IMAX six days apart from each other, and they have agreed to split the market 50/50. We are not happy to say that with this deal we are now scheduled to open Cars 2 IMAX and not Transformers IMAX. We are looking into options to play Transformers in IMAX after Cars or Harry Potter dies down, but this has not been confirmed yet.

Unfortunately this is very much so out of our control. We would like to have opened Cars in IMAX for just a few days until Transformers, but Transformers in IMAX is not going to be available in our market for the opening week. We will however still play it in regular 2D and 3D.

Also, we just found out about this and have since removed the Transformers trailer from our IMAX screen.

Now, it isn't confirmed they can have it after Harry Potter, but let's face it: We ALL know IMAX wouldn't have it playing for 7-8 weeks until Reel Steal (10/7) hits IMAX theaters.
    What I'm guessing, from my perspective, is both Disney and Paramount had ideas on who should had which theater and were forced to agree on each decision.

Well, least they said "We are not happy to say that with this deal we are now scheduled to open Cars 2 IMAX and not Transformers IMAX." :lol 

2. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that this is whats happening at the one IMAX theater here. There still isn't a listing for TF3 in IMAX 3D on the 29th yet they already have tickets on sale for the regular 3D and 2D showings. Damnit Cars 2!!!

3. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    this is the excuse that was given to me as well...
    they said to keep calling back and see what happens. im kind of pissed about this shit! big time!

4. galantron

galantron New Member

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. It's the only reason I haven't purchased my tickets in advance. I can get tickets for the regular and 3D, but nothing available for 3D IMAX. Damned Cars 2!

5. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    It isn't Cars 2's fault exactly. If both came on the same day, we would have permission to throw rocks at a picture of Micky Mouse :lol 

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't get why they picked Cars 2 over TF3... do they not want to make the most money possible?

7. dinoraw

dinoraw Active Member

News Credits:
    it seems like the same thing is happening here in wales, minus the cars 2

theres bookings for the IMAX 3d cinema in cardiff, for harry potter:deathly hallows part 2 3d, a film not scheduled for another month or 2,..yet there are no listings in imax for transformers 3d, a film coming out in 7 days, it kinda sucks,was quite excited about seeing my first imax film

8. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

I have tickets for Imax, but when I asked they said most likely 3D. It wouldnt just be playing in imax 2d?

9. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I held off a whole week to buy my tickets. They had the regular movie out for presale but not for IMAX 3D. I checked this past Sunday and there they were IMAX 3D to be pre sold.

$15 bucks a pop too...sheesh

It was an AMC theater.

10. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

Same thing's happening to my Theatre in Virginia. No DOTM 3D IMAX, only 3D.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Actually, the real reason why my theater doesn't have it on IMAX 3D is because my theater isn't an IMAX theater.

12. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    No. Any 3D movie that goes into IMAX is ALWAYS in IMAX 3D.

13. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    This thread was for those who had an IMAX theater nearby that wasn't playing DOTM in IMAX 3D. I forgot to put it in the title. Sorry

14. NitrogenB

Does anybody think I'll lose that much of the experience just seeing it in 3D since my theatre doesn't have IMAX 3D for opening night?

15. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Well I heard from Screenrant.com that the 3D is as good as (or maybe even surpassed it) Avatar's 3D. I'm sure it's still worth it. Besides, better then nothing, right?

16. NitrogenB

Yeah, I guess.

Besides, I ended up seeing ROTF like 3 times in the theatre, so I'm sure I'll see this one just as many times, and get a chance to see it in IMAX 3D at some point.

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    AMC prices are high!!! I work at an AMC theatre. When we got 3D, people couldn't believe that its $11 a ticket, then theres the EXTREMELY high concessions. $5 for a SMALL popcorn.

18. NitrogenB

Dude, I bought the "tub" of popcorn, where you get the free refills? I bet I've used that for about 8-9 movies now. Just walk right up to the concession stand and ask for a refill, hahahaha. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $7 for popcorn. Ridiculous.

19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Thats a smart idea. They only give out free refills on large popcorns and the cheap ones are definitely small, so you're pretty much forced to buy the large.

20. NitrogenB

Yeah, it's like a $.25 difference in price. All my friends make fun of me, but who's popcorn they be eatin' during the movies? Yup, that's right.