The REAL Decepticons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galvatron1, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galvatron1

Galvatron1 DECEPTICON LEADER

In the show, the Decepticons were always stealing Earth's natural resources for energy. This was a metaphor for what goes on in the real world. Take for example, Billion Dollar company's quest for Oil & water, 2 or our most precious natural resources, w/o regard to human welfare. The same is true of the Billion dollar industries that control our food, our most vital resource, with more concern for profit over Human health, take a look for yourself, at who are earth's real life Decepticons & plunderer's of Earth's Natural resources & energy.

In 1992, at age 12, Severn Suzuki knew of the world's Natural Resource problems & raised funds to travel 5,000 miles from home to warn adults at the U.N. in 1992 of impending danger. It's now 2010, little has changed. Are we going to let the Decepticons take over the world, or are we going to act as heroic autobots & fight the tyranny of the REAL Decepticons?

[​IMG]

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I believe this falls under politics. I don't believe it's allowed on the forums. See here for more: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/rules.php

Your post is more generic than specific, so I could be wrong, though.

3. Galvatron1

Actually, it's not politics. The subject matter discussed is Environmental, & I believe it belongs right here in General Discussion, where it ought to be, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Just calling it as I see it. Personally, I'm worried about the health of our planet, but I think that, as a race, we are too comfortable with existing methods of environmentally unfriendly/unhealthy energy creation, waste disposal, etc. to do anything about it.

A sea change would have to occur to really, seriously shake up global opinion about the environment. Unfortunately, that'd mean some really bad shit would have to go down first.

5. Galvatron1

Perhaps like an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico spewing atleast 210,000 gallons a day, already making landfall in Louisiana, & BP's Boom Oil barriers & dome all failing horribly?

Decepticons plunder oil, create environmental catastrophe

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    No, because we as a society have seen this before. Exxon Valdez, the Prestige crash, etc. What I'm talking about is shit so bad that it'd affect either A) the world economy or B) the world population or C) both, so severely, that world leaders would come together, aggressively, mutually, to solve the environmental problem and supercede any company/corporate influence. I just don't think you'll see that type of jump to action with something like an oil tanker spill.

7. Galvatron1

It's funny you mention waste disposal, did you know Staten Island Fresh Kills Landfill is one of 2 man-made structures you can see from space? The other is the Great Wall of China. If you want hope for the future of waste disposal, Annie Leonard has great ideas, since that is her specialty of interest. Check out her video, "Story of Stuff":

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.