The Real Deal

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Crazymadman, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

What are your top 10 favorite video games from any console? At the end of this thread I'm going to make a poll of the top picks.

Here's mine:

10: Left 4 Dead 2 for the Xbox 360 - It has great gameplay. It has awesome guns. It has zombies. It's Left 4 Dead 2.

9: The Crash Bandicoot series - I can't really decide which one of the series is the best, maybe the third one. The gameplay is awesome, and the design of the characters and levels are amazing.

8: LittleBigPlanet for the Playstation 3 - This game doesn't really have a storyline, but it kinda does, I think it's this: have fun. I love the view of the game(I think they call that platformer view), and the online user levels are actually really great.

7: Super Smash Bro. Brawl for the Wii - This game is freaking fun! The gameplay: Awesome The characters: Awesome. The graphics: Great. The sound and music: Great. Online play: Awesome. The story: Bat-shit weird.

6: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the Xbox - I think that the thing about this GTA that is better then the other GTAs is the freedom of doing more things in this game. You can train your body to run faster and fight better, you can go to lots of places in this game, there's more secrets in this game, the UPIs are really great. My brother once was playing this game and got in probably one of the funniest car chases ever while on the game's highway. :lol 

5: Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 - Actually, I don't totally know if Halo 3 is my favorite out of the series. I'm sure you already know everything about this game that you need to, so whatever, it's awesome.

4: Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Wii - I can't choose which one is better. I probably would of said Mario Kart 64 if the Wii version didn't have Rainbow Road. Everything in this game is really fun.

3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360 - I don't think I can tell you how many times I've had people come over to my house to take turns playing multiplayer. A lot of people say the first Modern Warfare is better, but I don't think so. A lot of things are fix in this game that I had problems with in the first. I don't really need to say anything more about this game then people know besides that it was hard to choose between this game or CoD: WAW and that this game is my 3rd favorite game of all time

2: Donkey Kong Country for the SNES - Man, this game is so freaking great. The 3-D-ish look works really well, the levels are really cool, hard end boss, gameplay is really fun, but the best part by far is that Donkey Kong has the greatest, and I mean the greatest music of all video games of all time. Don't believe me? Go to Youtube and see for yourself.

1: Super Mario World for the SNES - I don't care, screw Super Mario Bros. 3. I think that one of the reasons this is my favorite game is that it, with Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart 64, is one of the first games I've played, and I still do play it every now and then. I haven't met one person who doesn't like this game. The music is great, not as great as Donkey Kong Country, but still great, the graphics are really fun old style, gameplay is great, the sound is great, the bosses are pretty easy, but still fun, awesome power ups, it was the first game to have Yoshi in it, the enemies are cool, the levels are FANTASTIC, ect. There's not one thing I don't like about this game. It's a game where you can just pick it up and play it. Pretty much, it's my favorite game.

So what's your top 10 favorite video games?

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

OK, I'll bite.

10. 007 Goldeneye for the N64. The only FPS I genuinely enjoyed. Didn't change the fact that I such at FPSs but I have fond memories of playing this with my friends all the time.

9. Final Fantasy XIII for Playstation 3. While I consider myself an RPGer, over all I'm a bigger fan of the Dragon Quest series rather than the Final Fantasy series. But this game is awesome, first Final Fantasy game I actually cleared.

8. The Sims 2 for PC. This will probably change if the Sims 3 comes out with a University, Seasons, and Pets expansion packs but for now, the Sims 2 occupies the spot.

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. Awesome! Awesome! Just plain awesomeness to the max!

6. Dragon Quest VI for the Super Famicom (and the remake for DS). Sure I'm a Dragon Quest nut, but VI really stands out for me as it was released during a relatively crucial period in my life.

5. Super Mario Allstars for the SNES. Sure each of the Mario games individually were awesome, but this game gave us the entire package in one cartridge! I probably played the Allstars version more so than the original versions.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for SNES. The first Zelda game I played and cleared. Awesome game back then, awesome game now.

3. Starcraft for PC. BEST RTS EVAR! Until quite possibly when Starcraft II finally comes out.

2. Dragon Quest VIII for Playstation 2. In my opinion, the definitive RPG. Best in the series.

1. Kingdom Hearts II. The first Kingdom Hearts was awesome, but Kingdom Hearts II took everything that was great about the first game and magnified. I frikkin' love this game!

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    10:Ogre battle Battle March of the black queen SNES awesome strategy rpg game.

9: Final Fantasy NES the original and still fun to play

8: FF II/VI SNES awesome game and awesome story and characters.

7: Super Mario Bros. NES the Original! the game that made Mario and super star!

6: Grand Theft Auto vice city PS2: awesome game before some of the unneeded extra crap from GTA SA ruined the series for me. Teach Tommy Vercetti to swim and climb fences you got the perfect GTA. if not for the stupid car dancing and dancing missions on GTA SA it would be here.

5: Goldeneye for the N64 one of the best FPS ever

4: Mercenaries PS2 you can blow anything up! fun game awesome awesome awesome.

3: Chrono Trigger SNES awesome game I still play it several times a year.

2: Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time N64 just totally epic in all ways

1: FF III/VI SNES The perfect Final Fantasy game. sweeping story? check! excellent characters? check ! flawless play control? check! lack of confusing and uneeded add ons? check! no gratuitous eye candy? check! For me the series has gone down hill since the main stream games left the Nintendo consoles.

4. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

10. Castlevania SotN - I loved everything about this game. A lot of games have parts that are not as good as the rest of the game. Not SotN.
    9. Jagged Alliance (PC) - I got this game back in high school as a payment from a kid for something. The first time I played the game it took a while to figure out what was going on but once I got the hang of it i was hooked. Lots of mercenaries to hire, all with their own personalities. Some mercs didn't like others and would quit if forced to work with them for too long and even occasionaly make the one they don't like "vanish in the middle of the night."
    8. Panzer General (PS1 Version) - I think the best part of this game is managing which units get upgraded to what and when. Upgrade to Panthers or Tigers?
    7. Twisted Metal - I played through with every vehicle to unlock everyones ending. And then i did it again because driving around and blowing things up is a lot of fun.
    6. Perfect Dark - I didn't get Golden Eye until after I got PD and it ruined it for me. I loved the co-op action, counter agent, the weapons, and the multi-player with bots! More games need bots in multi-player.
    5. Tecmo Bowl - The first football game that I liked, the simple playbook makes it easy and tons of fun.
    4. Royal Rumble (SNES/Genesis) - I loved these WWF games even if it is just button mashing. Me and my friends played the crap out of them, running through tournaments as if we had a real WWF storyline as to why we were wrestling who we were wrestling. I think they should take the Royal Rumble/RAW/Rage in the Cage gameplay and make a Xbox live arcade game.
    3. Super Mario Kart - Sorry, this one owns all the rest. Any Mario Kart that lets you fall off the map in deathmatch blows, end of story.
    2. Hearts of Iron II (PC) Play any country during WW2 and put your stamp on how it went. Want to play the Canadians and try to take out the U.S.A.? Go for it! Want to see if you can hold off the Germans as Czechoslovakia? It can be done!
    1. Suikoden II (PS1) - My favorite RPG of all time. Recruit 108 characters, six person parties, strategic battles, gripping story, tons of mini game type things to do...lots and lots of fun.

Chuck

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No particular order:

Twisted Metal II
    Resident Evil- PS1 version
    Legacy of Kain
    Legend of Zelda (NES)
    Dragon Warrior (NES)
    GoldenEye 64 (perfect FPS- wish they'd port it to next gen and update the graphics.)
    NCAA Football series- PS2 to present
    God of War series
    Shadow of Colossus
    Sam and Max Hit the Road (it's a PC game, but AWESOME)

honorable mentions:
    Qix (old skool, baby)
    Defender

6. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

Oh yeah, GoldenEye 64 was awesome!