The Rant About Work/School/Life Thread [NO POLITICS]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thelbert, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Precisely.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Changing Seasons are driving my sinus' crazy……..I hate allergies

3. Tristich

Tristich Planeteer

I've been eating one meal a day for the last month, waiting for the first paycheck. Running out of money for laundry, too. This is just like a depressive episode, sans the depressive mindset. I feel groggy, inattentive and disgruntled at the workload for class.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

damn it. it was spoken too soon. my mum is just fine from the car crash though pissed off of what happen and i thought my sister was ok but she just now collapse trying to pick up a paper off the ground and felt intense pain on her tail bone.

my sister saw that the drunken P.O.S. who hit her had to get help by police because when they opened his car door, dozens of beer cans fell out like a scene from a comedy movie and when the cops saw that, they dragged his sorry ass out and threw him in the police car.

my dad is taking her to the hospital to be examined again. i really hope there is no broken bones.

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Back-to-back typhoons hitting Japan is pretty annoying. The high humidity also sucks a lot. We lost power for a few days and in that time, mold started growing in the spare bedroom due to the air conditioning being out of commission too. Have to throw out some boots, bags, and clothes. The spare mattress is also covered with mold. Ugh. Going to have to file a claim with my insurance company because of this mess.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really sorry about your sister's health

Keep us posted about her condition

hang in there

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Here is a headline from the town where one of the businesses I work for is in.

Longmont police: Woman's baby cut from womb after responding to Craigslist ad

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    No shit eh? Such a fucked up sad story. I can see why people will only meet up in a secure neutral location.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well crap. Called the dealership. They need to get back inside and get a better inspection of the vehicle but from just a quick look it might be severe. I just had a new engine put in last year! WTF! Damnit.

I hope it isn't anything bad. Guess i'll hear back in a few hours.

11. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Did they say what was wrong specifically?

12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    They don't know. It hasn't been looked at. It was basically a quick check before they get a real chance to look at it. Basically just trying to start it type of deal. They are going to get it moved in and get a real look at it later.

Thing is it is a new rebuilt engine less than 2 years old. It has had regular oil changes. It should be good.

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    F***!!!! Just got the call. Apparently a head gasket blew and burned up all the antifreeze. Engine is totaled. Car is dead. Now i gotta go out and look about used cars today and tomorrow. My dad is letting me borrow his for a few days to get to work and back. I am pissed. I paid $3000 for a new engine back in Jan 2015. Almost got it paid for. Got about $400-500 left on that. Hope i can get a decent scrap value for the damn thing.

RIP Soundwave 2008-2016
    my Scion xB is no more. Got it because it looks like TF Animated Soundwave (minus gold stripes)

Maybe a Kia Soul or something like that next. Gotta get something for $10k or less.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know how much is worth to you but budget has used car sales, that could help you out

Great Prices on Used Rental Cars - Budget Car Sales

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well went to two used car places and also talked to a guy at the dealership i got my scion at. Given my car is dead i'd get about $2500 for it trade in. A bit of help.

The guy at the first place was pretty nice. I figure a budget of $300 a month. He showed me a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Only 20k miles. $15,000 and that is over $2000 less than book value. Has bluetooth sych for my ipod. One of the few things i want in my car. I need to be able to connect my ipod.

The second place the guy commented on my transformers hat. Ok trying to get an in. He shows me a ford focus. 70k miles. Has sych and usb port. He says he can make me a great deal if i am interested. I ask about price and he says he isn't going to tell me a price because i will just go elsewhere to get a better deal... I am a little stunned. I immediately think "No i'm going elsewhere because you are a dumbass who just basically insulted a customer."

Edit: looking at the scion dealership they have a ford fusion (non hybrid) in black (better color) with 35k miles for about $3000 less.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  16. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

Can't fully blame them with all the shit that goes on in this day and age. Can't trust people whatsoever....I am sure those in Canada (Ontario, specifically) know about the Tim Bosma case. He got a response for his ad on Craigslist for the sale of his truck. Two guys wanted a test drive so he went with them and they killed him.....If they wanted the truck that bad, I am sure they didn't have to kill him for it, just pull a gun, kick him out, and piss off. People are crazy.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    ^^^ EEK... yeah, too many crazies it seems. Or it's just they make the news.

Which, btw, on tonight's local news they reported people 'buying' an iPad from a couple with "Hollywood Movie Money".. it plainly had 'For Motion Picture Use Only' on the front and back, but the smart Craigslist 'buyer' kept the money in an envelope, just showing the edges to the couple, before throwing the envelope at them, snatching the iPad and driving off. The guy said from now on he'll only meet people at the Police Station, at least there, if they snatch and run, they'll be on camera. :lol 

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would try a 3rd place, it won't hurt just to inquire.

19. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Sucks to hear about the roasted engine. As someone who paid his way through college as an automotive tech and am now an engine R&D engineer, I'd would recommend caution when considering buying a Hybrid anything that is close to (or out of) the end of the warranty period. The Fusion is a nice car (we looked at them when we were car shopping for my wife), but battery packs have a finite life (in any hybrid), and many independent shops won't mess with hybrids due to high voltage concerns and added complexity. It sounds like dealers are trying to move a hard to sell item on you. As it seems phone/ipod/bluetooth interface is importatnt to you and most modern cars offer some version of this. While I'm not the worlds expert on car buying, I've bought and negotiated a fair amount of car buys and would also caution you of telling the sales person an amount you want to pay per month. Negotiate the total price of the vehicle to where you want you payment to be with your interest rate and loan term. As also suggested, go visit a couple of other dealerships as it sounds like you have run into a crappy sales person. I know you are likely in a spot where you need a car quickly, buy a good sales person can smell this a mile away and will hard sell you on just about anything to move something off their lot.

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

well my sister is still in pain and she and my mum are filing documents needed for court.
    this and her credit card debt has her freaking out.

she saw the commercial for the 25th anniversary of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. to cheer her up, i'm buying it today along with TMNT: OOTS for myself.

i hope things turnaround for my sis and mum soon, especially after my uncle's death last month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.