The "Questioning of whether this is gonna turn into a relationship or not?" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Sep 12, 2011.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    After reading and posting in the First Love thread, decided to do this one. I've been talking to this chick for a few weeks, she's cool and I really do like her, not head over heels or anything, but she is cool. We went to dinner over the weekend and pretty much talked an hour and a half before we even went in to eat, talked during our meal (obviously), and a few hours after. I really don't know if she's interested or not though. We've talked every day like I said for 2-3 weeks or longer now. Just don't know if this is going anywhere. Similar situations? Advice? Discuss!

2. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    i would say shes into you. sometimes its best to ask her straight up. just say "hey so i have been thinking. we have been seeing each other a while now. i was wondering how do you feel about being exclusive?". it leaves it open to remain friends and will get you your answer.

im in a relationship where we decided at the beginning to be exclusive. just seemed we were meant to be. to many coincidences growing up she and i should have met.

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I hear ya, we're not really dating though, not together I mean. I dunno tough to explain. Funny you say too many coincidences, same with me. We actually lived in the same neighborhood (sorta, she moved in the neighborhood when I moved out). Very funny really. I dunno man, it's just a bit too early to jump that quick, but I'm gonna drop something here in a minute that might stir something up. I've got mad respect for her, I think she'd like to hear that.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I get ya, and a lot of things start out like that.

However at the same time, bitches aren't stupid (at least not the ones worth perusing), and she'll probably be able to tell (or at least intelligently speculate) that you're interested if you make it evident that you're not interested in anyone else. In other words, don't comment about how hard you'd like to fuck the waitress, and don't fight the fact that you legitimately care what she's gotta say.

Also if this doesn't go horribly wrong (which it seems like you're already there & it hasn't), then there's really nothing wrong with telling her straight up that you'd like to be more than friends with her. Throwing your balls onto the table can obv have negative consequences as well, but it's probably better in the long run than being in love with a girl for like 7 years, waiting too long, and then losing your chance for a myriad of reasons that could've been avoided in the beginning.

5. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    friend zone

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yep, the one and only, heh.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    If you're at the point of asking that question and you find yourself actually asking it, then the answer is "No." and you need to move on and date her sister.

Edit: Or mom, I mean, don't limit yourself...

8. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Do you KNOW how many Crazy girls I had to date before I met my wife? Like...alot...
    When I met the woman I married...we became friends first...and I don't mean she was my friend for like a week, and then we started dating...I mean...we were really good friends for a year or two before we decided that really, all we wanted was to be with each other all the time, and everyone else could just suck it. We started dating, and we have been together almost 10 years...married for 6 months...but when I said "I do", I was saying it to my best friend. She's my teammate, my bombadier/navigator, my partner in all things that are life.
    I guess my point is...don't discount being "friends" in any way...if you can't be friends first, then whats the point? Show her your Transformer collection, and if she calls you back the next day, hang on to her and see where it goes!

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Rule of thumb: If you have to question, no, it won't.

There should be a TFW relationship thread just to keep all these recent threads in one place.

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Something like TFW's Loveline?

I'm pretty sure that already exists, be it buried deeper within the Matrix than some of our chances of finding that lasting Blackarachnia (or Silverbolt).

11. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Don't give her any money.

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh.....I'm sure that would be borderline in going against one of the rules here. Or at the very least it would have the propensity to do so. I think its better to just have a thread that asks these kinda questions ;)  Individual threads that is.

To the OP, take your time man. I don't know how old or young you are, but don't ever have the feeling that you need to have a timeline on these things. Just let it happen naturally......if it were to happen at all :) 

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Perhaps, but the key would lie in a properly outlined OP. If people start bitching about religious values or attacking their exes like they do on facebook & youtube (as funny as a lot of this is), then those posts & people could simply be dealt with accordingly, and the rest of us could go about using the thread as intended, which would be as an ongoing loveline for the countless threads & subjects like this one, not as ranting dumpster.

At least that way, most of it could be in the same place oppose to scattered & buried, meaning that people would have a better chance to read about other experiences before posting their own. These threads have worked wonders on forums with a much younger & by extension immature member base than ours, so I'd be quite surprised to see it turn out badly on here, especially in terms of it being the majority's fault.

I get what you're saying though, as it could invite stupid shit (especially if the TF Prime regulars found a way in), but what's the worst that could happen? Either I make the thread tomorrow & it gets locked some time after if people abuse it, or I ask one of the staff members about it before hand & they say it's a bad idea? In either worst case scenario, no harm will be done, and the only person who'd really be up for taking a fall of some kind would be me for suggesting it.

/2cents

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I didn't read any of the posts, but a good rule of thumb is that if you have to ask, then no, it's not.

15. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Hehe, right, don't think I'd want to date her mom in the least from what she's told me, or her sisters.
    Hahaha, I hadn't planned on this in the l-e-a-s-t.
    I'll be 26 in a few days, so yeah, I've been around the block a couple times. Just been awhile since I've been in the dating game. Someone else here pretty much said the same thing, but more lengthy. Yours was a little more straight to the punch and worded to where it hit me right, so thanks, good advice.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you feel like you're getting jerked around and you're not sure if she's interested, why keep at it? Either lay your cards on the table and ask where she sees things going, or tell her you're done and start seeing someone else.

17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    That's not a bad bit of advice either.

18. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Should we

19. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Should we what? Have sex?

Kidding. If you've been friends for ages, she probably won't be interested. If you've thought about the BF/GF thing since 6th Grade then I think you should've gone for it earlier. Then again, do what you want. If she says no, fine stick with friends. Whatever you do, if she says no, don't make up a lameass excuse like 'Trevor dared me' or whatever. You can expect awkwardness to ensue.

20. Karis Mahid

Karis Mahid My fiancee is the avatr

I was going to be in a relationship with someone. They passed away 7 days after we met in person from a sleeping pill overdose.