The Quest for G2 Sideswipe!

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by ShadowStitch, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Hello, fair TFW'ers! I seek a noble hero to aid me in vanquishing a curse most foul!

You see, it all began when I purchased one used G2 Sideswipe from a fellow here. It arrived totally unlike his description, banged up and near ruined. But as I desired this figure, I sought to purchase it again, with the hopes of encountering an honest merchant.

Alas, the second seller was as crooked as the first, and verily did mail me a piece of shit.

Thrice, I ventured in search of the black G2 Sideswipe, without even so much as a care for chrome or stickers or even tires. However, cursed am I and cursed is he, for the THIRD copy of this same figure purchased was shipped to me irresponsibly by a seller who wished to pocket the shipping charge and instead, throw my prize in a bubble envelope. Where, suffice to say, the rigors of cross-country travel were not kind.

Now I find myself with three different copies of the same figure, all in dismal shape, all depressing evidence of deception by sellers more interested in a sale than honesty.

--------------------------------

So yeah. If anyone has a G2 Sideswipe for sale or trade, I'm listening. I'm just about fed up with people lying to me, and at this point, all I even need to make one halfway decent figure is a roof/windshield part. I don't need weapons, I don't need chromed bits, I don't need the tires or fists or feet or head or screws or anything.

I just need a pretty black roof, and maybe the doors, that aren't cracked, scratched, scuffed, broken, or chipped to hell.

In fact, if anyone has the parts I need, I can trade you parts from one of my carcasses. Like maybe you want an extra red head and hands to make a Cartoon accurate G1 Red Alert? I can help you out. I've got two extras.

This started out as just kinda sorta wanting the figure, now it's become an unholy obsession. I'm almost tempted to blow the ridiculous amount of money for a MISB one just so I KNOW it can't have been screwed with, and there's no way it could be worn or damaged.

Someone please help me break this curse!

And incidentally, I have more of a extensive tradelist and want list, linked here, if you'd care to gander at my wares. Thanks! :D 

2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I'd almost be willing to grab you one from eBay just to end this nonsense. What a bunch of douchebags! Sadly, I have none of my own to help you out.

Rake their names over the coals: who did it?

3. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    Well, the first guy was a seller here at TFW whose name I no longer recall..
    The other two were ebay sellers: skatermom98 and grnlntrn715.

If there's one thing I've learned about ebay sellers, it's that there's absolutely no motivation for them to be truthful about anything. Lie to sell the item, Lie about the condition, Lie about the shipping, Lie to paypal so you don't have to give a refund, Lie in your feedbacks, whatever it takes to make that sale.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope you gave them negative feedback and also opened disputes.

I have another extra sideswipe i'll be putting up for sale soon but i do not have pictures of it yet, unfortunately.

5. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    Thanks Wolfe, I'll keep an eye out.

6. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I have a complete G2 sideswipe up for sale, trade.
    It has chrome wear and the stickers aren't super great. but its not broken in anyway

7. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    Most of what I'm concerned with is being intact, and having as close to flawless paint as I can get.

I don't care about the stickers, chrome, tires, etc. The robot head, feet, hands, arms, whatever, can be broken for all I care. I just want a near mint paintjob on the doors, hood, and roof... because at this point I have enough spare figures to draw parts from that I can assemble a decent Sideswipe, except that the glossy paint and doors on all of mine are screwed up (and in some cases broken entirely)

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Question:

Are you gonna sell off those lacklustre pieces (3 of 'em apparently) after you're done piecing?

I could use an assembled piece if the price is *right. :) 

* Non-exhorbitant

9. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    Well, if I cobbled together the UNBROKEN parts with wear and some paint damage, I could probably get one decent complete figure out of the parts. It wouldn't be PRETTY but it would be assembled. I think I have at least one spare gun too, and I could probably part out the tires and whatnot from the total junkers after this whole charade is done. I'll let you know if I figure out something!

10. Slaughtermaster

Slaughtermaster Well-Known Member

Do you have pictures of your Sideswipes? I may have some parts to help you out...

11. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    I don't have any pics, because they've all been disassembled and waiting in piles, for me to locate matching pieces that aren't paint damaged or broken.

Essentially, what I need is the windshield and roof, the hood/chest part, and the door parts of the arms.

12. superpunch

superpunch Banned

hey

make me an off sticker wear on the front autobot sign aprt from that very good condition he is complete

Attached Files:

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Wait a sec!! :confused: 

Are we talking about the original G2 Sideswipe OR the Botcon Customization Class G2 Sideswipe?

14. Ishino

Ishino Studio Series enthusiast

News Credits:
    Seeing as the Custom Class ones go for $1000+ I think he means the original G2 Sideswipe.

Though he's not strictly relevant here since there's no way I'm getting rid of him, my first ever Transformer was a G2 Sideswipe. He was a present from my cousin, and to this day he sits on my computer desk. I'm missing the green gun with the blue missile though, if any of you have a spare of either or both you'd part with, wing me a PM please :)