The Pyramid of Giza hides a machine?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jul 13, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Roberto Orci mentioned that the Egyptian pyramids were a vital plot point in the film. "Although they are commonly described as tombs, no bodies have been found, which looks like they've got something hidden in them..."
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) - Trivia - IMDb

All well and good. But if the Pyramid of Giza hid a machine that would harvest stars, wouldn't the tourists and archaeologists and whoever else that's been around that monument since its genesis have suspected something?

A better way to utilize the Pyramid would be in homage to the concept of pyramid power (Pyramid power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Pyramid). Devastator excavates a before-unseen pyramid out of the ground, which the Fallen activates with the Matrix to WARP SPACE AND TIME, which is sure to tear apart the Earth. But that would have required a lot of freaky VFX... Anyway it would have been a better way to utilize the Pyramids.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe just like a Transformer looks exactly like a real Earthen vehicle inside so can a Cybertronian device hidden within a pyramid.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Seeing as the pyramids were built over the harvester, they obviously just put all the hallways and rooms in the gaps between parts.

4. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When people see the Pyramids (my brother and his wife were there), they do say that their sizes are so huge that they certainly was created by a kind of unearthly power. Of course, no one has ever analyzed they and not seriously looked INTO they. Perhaps the ancient Egyptians used them as a tombs, as they believed that Pyramids were created by gods, and pharaohs would certainly wanted to laid to rest next to a divine power.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What's even weirder is that if the Star Harvester was built when humans were basically cavemen, then it sat around for literally centuries or millenia before some egyptians built a stone monument over it. For comparison, the Primes came to earth in 17,000BC (presumably building the Star Harvester), and the Pyramids were built in around 2500BC.

The Pyramids have actually been pretty well studied throughout history, which is made easier since the egyptians left a pretty decent system of records for their time. The ancient egyptians never believed the pyramids were made by gods (since they built them themselves as a monument to various pharaohs, who were believed to be semi-divine, so I guess you could say they built them FOR the gods), but in the Bayverse, I could believe that they thought the Sun Harvester was built by the gods, and built the pyramid as a tomb structure to protect the Sun Harvester and bury their semi-divine leaders next to them.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Haha, oh wow. You really will make any and all bullshit claims to defend Bayformers, won't you?

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Perhaps?

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Well, obviously all of those mummies were just walking around outside when we found them. No one can prove they were ever inside.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

What are you talking about? Of course people have been inside the Pyramids, how they hell would they know bodies AREN'T inside them otherwise?

The truth is, the pyramids were originally built as tombs for Egyptian Pharohs in alignment with the stars in Orion's Belt (IIRC), then for some reason the decision was changed to bury them in the Valley of Kings and the Pyramids were left as-is since they'd wasted so much slave power in building them. There is also no mention of Egyptians "thinking the gods created pyramids" in any place within known Egyptian religious documentation.

People tend to look upon ancient cultures as technologically inferior to modern life today, but in fact ancient cultures were pretty damn smart in their day and their lasting achievements like the pyramids are just that more impressive because they weren't built with things people take so much for granted, like computers and giant construction cranes. That's why people just love to say "the aliens helped them" all the time despite evidence to the contrary.

No, they were to busy trying to figure out what the hell is the deal with Stonehenge and the Easter Island heads. Namely because those things are just as mysterious and not set in the middle of a freakin' desert.

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Stone henge is where Prime can summon Fortress Maximus, Earths defendertm, and the Easter Island heads are Headmasters.

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    The pyramids were not bult using slave power, that's what made them so expensive to construct and why they stopped doing so, opting instead for the "chuck those dead guys in the ground" approach of the Valley of the Kings.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought the Vok built stonehenge

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The reason you don't find a body within the Great Pyramid at Giza is because even in ancient times there was a problem with tomb raiders. In the attempt to find anything of value they would sometimes destroy the mummies in the tombs. To protect the body of the pharaohs the Valley of the Kings was built and the surviving mummies were moved there for their protection from tomb raiders.

The other problem with the Great Pyramid being a hiding place for an alien machine is that while it was built in 2560 BC that's still rather late in the pyramid building process of the Egyptians. A rather long time for an alien machine to just be sitting near the Nile with no records of it.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:

First and foremost, the Pyramids at Giza were most definitely tombs. I've been there. You can see where the sarcophagi were. The reason they most likely haven't found any bodies was because of centuries of grave robbers. Secondly, they are mostly intact. Where the harvester was located inside, it's most likely it wouldn't have been found unless there was a duct or some kind of passage leading to it. Thirdly, it's a fictional movie. There's no reason to deconstruct it so much.

15. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

No offense, and I know people just like talking about things out of boredom, but I sincerely hate discussions like this.

It was a damn movie.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    And that's why its fun to dissect the thought process that created it. Don't like it? Make another thread about a line of discussion you prefer.

I liked the idea that transformers had interacted with human history before Megatron crashed here. I sort of wish they'd have gone with those egyptian-influenced designs in the concept art.