The PSP2 is real!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ace Convoy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will catch on in the next 3 years. It's not about disagreeing. I prefer having a manual and artwork, but it's becoming easier and easier to manage, and those games on the iPhone are not downloadable on the network (most of them even) because you have a 20 Meg limit for downloads, so 90% of the games people download have to be done from a WiFi spot. I use my phone for games more than I use it for talking.

2. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

90%? Is this going to be one of those debates where someone keeps making up facts and percentages and pie charts? If so I'll kindly bow out of the discussion.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The games that people are buying from the iPhone App store. You know, the ones that people care about, cannot be downloaded from AT&T network. They are larger than 20 megs, and therefor you need one of two things, a WiFi Spot, or Itunes on your computer (with the internet), exactly as I will next week, when I buy God of War from the PlayStation Store. Hell, I might as well say 99% since very few big titles on the iPhone are lower than 20 Megs. There are no debates. You are saying that people with an iPhone have the luxury of a network to download their products, but the network is irrelevant to the apps that most people use, so it is almost exactly like getting your digital elements on the PSPGo. No Pie Charts, just 3 years of owning a product similar to the one you are saying will never catch on. I don't want Digital downloads for the big consoles. I love my artwork and color manuals, but for handhelds, it's feakin' awesome, because I carry like 20 games with me wherever I go.

On top of that, Sony is already talking about pairing a PSP with a network, so you will have that same luxury that few use for full game downloads. "Full downloads." Not movie streaming or Facebook.

4. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

Did you survey everyone? I'm seeing a lot of things you only assume being stated as facts so there's really no point in replying to that mess because you can't really discuss things with people who do that.

Bottom line is what I said: A digital download only console is not going to catch on and that's how I feel about it.

You feel otherwise, that's cool. But I have the PSPgo to point to. A digital download only console HAS been done before and it didn't catch on. The end.

5. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

I LOVE my psp. I can't wait to find out more, but I wont buy one untill i can get it for 200 or less.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The iPhone is Digital Download only, and the more games are released for it, the more it's being considered a gaming machine. Are you really sitting here claiming that it "didn't catch on"? The Iphone? The Ipod touch? Didn't catch on? Sounds like you're reaching for straws, and using your "The end" a little prematurely.

Do you need to survey everyone when logically it is impossible for any owner of an iPhone to download a game that is more than 20 megs, and as an owner of most of those popular games, I can assure you that they weigh in at more than 20 megs? I think you are trying do the whole "no used replying," and insinuating that I am rambling random non-evident crap, when if you really think about what I am saying, you will see that what you are stating about the difference between people downloading games on their iPhone and those who do so on their PSP involve the same type of action, "Wifi, or a computer."

Do you need to survey everyone to know that Netflix requires the internet? You're right. It's pointless to have a discussion with someone who makes a point based on not owning either product and implying that it would never work, when it works for the iphone, and NOT under the circumstances you described.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can I chime in without starting a riot?

iPhone and iPad are becoming the biggest portable gaming platforms around. Even though some might argue that they aren't real video games, they still count in the discussion. And they are digital download only. So a digital only system is working. It's just being overlooked because it's an iPod, which it shouldn't.

I don't see us using discs or anything else for games in twenty years. Digital is the future. And I see why that is good. I love my PSPgo. It is small to carry around, unlike the original, it has a great screen, and all the games I want to play are at my fingertips. With the older PSP, you either carried around all your UMDs, which usually meant not many, or you stuck one in and hoped not to ger bored. I have all my games in one little system. Is that bad for the gaming industry? No. Is it better? No. Does it make more since over disc-based gaming? Depends on the person. If the next GameBoy was download only, people would make it a success just like the DS was. The problem with the PSP isn't going to be that it is download only. The problem with the PSP is how Nintendo's portable gaming hardware always beats it sales-wise. If Sony could get the crowd and fan base that Nintendo has, I feel the PSP would have been a success.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And like I said, I honestly am old fashion. I like my boxes and I like displaying my library, but I have to admit, grabbing my GO and going out of town is a lot easier than going through my UMDs. The iPhone has changed my way of thinking, because I have Final Fantasy 1, 2, a butload of other iPhone only games, and everything is in one unit. I think I'd be more against it if I hadn't spend the last couple of years with the phone. Now I don't mind Digital stuff on the PSP as much. And I wouldn't mind it at all if the 3DS was this way either. But it is definitely happening, whether we like it or not. I just hope the big consoles take longer to adopt this, because I really like Box Art and reading game manuals in the shitter.

9. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :redface2: ...guess they changed their minds

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it will crash and burn like the first psp

11. kristaldoodle

kristaldoodle Nutbar

bleh sony i hate sony. 400 for a piece of crap that if you accidentally drop on the ground, shatters and then you freak out at spending 400 for a thing that doesn't have many games and is pretty much not durable as a DS? (drop a DS, you might break a hinge. drop a PSP, you have pieces flying and maybe a broken screen )

meh im already sold on the 3DS. all sony talks about is taking your money and raising the price for they're (crap) consoles. plus nintendo won E3 by a landslide (even if the Xbox 360 kintect is cool)

/bleh

12. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude the most expensive PSP maxes out at $200.00 I believe that's a few dollars cheaper than it's fragile apple counterpart.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I agree with you. Here's the thing. Until Sony can bring down the price of one of their portable systems to match the Nintendo portable system price, it will never succeed.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The Go was 250 at launch.

I fully expect 300-400 if it does what it claims.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  15. Ace Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

[​IMG]

17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I don't want to sound rude, but...

It looks kinda fake.

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It's not fake.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That's what she said.

20. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Looks cool if rumors of its power are true, but after the 3DS coming out next year and the PSP1's lack of support, Im not sure I will pick one up right away.