The proper use of Jetfire's gunclip?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Methusalen, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hello everyone!
    This might sound like a *dumb* question, but I *just* got my G1 Jetfire a gunclip of his very own! However, I was unable to find a good picture of just *how* to use the darn thing!

I've read that you cannot use it w/ the Strike Armor on, but My Jetfire rarely wears that anyways... So, can you show me the proper way to use the Gunclip? I'd really appreciate it!

2. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

It clips over his arm (either arm, but without the armor on) and the two little protrusions inside the C-clip snap into the slot for the slider for his fist (which prevents his fist sliding in or out once the gunclip is in place, but hey). The gun then slides into the hole the same way it fits in his right hand.

In order to attach it in jet mode, the arm it's attached to has to be slightly pulled out of the underside of the jet. This can be done by bending it at the shoulder and elbow.

It's pretty much a total hack in order to be able to technically attach the gun in jet mode at all. It won't work in either mode with the armor on, there's no point in using it in robot mode, it won't work in jet mode unless one arm is pulled out, and there's nowhere to store it when it's not being used.

It would have been a lot more useful if it could also attach to, for example, the inner side of one of the red boosters -thus allowing the gun (and clip) to sit between the boosters in either armored mode. Or even the central between-the-boosters red piece which clipped over the folded-up tailfin pack.

3. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

From what I remember it's only used when he's in bot mode. If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't fit properly when you try to attach it when he's in jet mode on his underside.

I'd have to dig mine out of storage and see.

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the help so far guys! I've figure out how to place it on him in robot mode from a few pictures I found, although in jet mode I was still at a bit of a loss...

I agree about the usefulness of the clip (probably why so many are lost!), but want to figure out how to properly place it in vehicle mode w/o the darn gunpod falling out! I'd like to display him in that mode, so having it 'complete' would be nice!
    :D 

5. Geminii

The problem with using it in jet mode is that the robot legs get in the way. You either have to pull the robot arm outwards until it's touching the ground, which means that the gunpod can only be used when the jet is in flight, or pull the leg outwards enough to allow the clip to attach to the arm, which puts strain on the hip joint as it's not meant to bend that way.

I suppose another possibility would be to rotate the robot arm until the clip hung underneath it, but it would put stress on a lot of joints.

Or pop out the right robot hand and put the gunpod in it upside down and backwards, and not use the clip at all.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's no *Dumb* questions- well, if you had posted a pic of Jetfire and asked, "is this Jetfire? No, really, is it?" might be- so don't beat yourself up.
    i had my jetfire for a few years and never knew what to do with that clip.

The only other option you have is a Non-TF option, where you pose him in Gerwalk (that half plane/half bot mode in robotech) and clip the gun on his arm.

Though i love that mode, i don't really like putting my Jetfire in that mode because the arms don't seem to fit into place right.

Personally, if you don't use the armor, just clip the gun to his arm. i like how it looks- looks different than him just holding it.

have fun with it!

7. Geminii

It stresses the shoulder joints a bit - I wouldn't recommend keeping him displayed in that mode long-term.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Stick it in his rusty arse.