The Primes' Sun Harvester Question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Overlord Balder, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Okay, I get it that the Sun Harvester could create Energon by blowing up suns and it could only be activated by The Matrix of Leadership of the Primes etcetera ectera, but there's something that I never got quite well:

Why they needed The Harvester? Shouldn't the AllSpark provide enough Energon for the Transformers race?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Actually the Harvester Is Used For Both Energon for TF and for Give More Energon to the Allspark, When the Allspark Ran out of Energon They Can Use the Energon from the Harvester for the Cube.

So the Harvester was used for both the Cybertronians and For the Cube, But remember they Lost the Cube too

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    the allspark was destroyed, remember?

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    He means why did they need it a fajillion years ago?

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The Allspark has the ability to create Cybertronian life, but is it ever explicitly stated that its life-giving force is Energon? I don't think that was established, but I could be wrong.

If that's the case, then maybe they needed to harvest suns for Energon because they needed the Energon for other things. Like humans need oil for all sorts of stuff, but can't use it to create more humans.

6. Overlord Balder

Precisely.

I've never heard about the Cube running out of Energon.
    Also, why would they feed the Cube with Energon istead of directly giving to the TFs?

Good point, but I think that outside material states clearly that The Cube creates Energon.

I guess this makes sense, actually [except for the fact that humans aren't created by oil, but whataver the hell].

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    one thing i've never got is the fact that the transformers are supposed to be millions of years old (it might be different in the bayverse, i dont know) yet the 7 primes, the first transformers, of which optimus is a "great descendant", are on earth around 50,000- 100,000 years ago, considering there are humans....unless they left the cybertronians to develop on their own whilst searching for energon

8. Overlord Balder

That's what happened.

The Fallen created the Decepticons not much later after his battle with the other Primes, so you can assume that Cybertron was already filled with life.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Read the Prequel Comics

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, because it's not infinite. It's a lot of energy, yeah, but as they explained, it needed to be recharged after a long time of using it's energy. That was the original Prime's duty, which they carried out regularly. (which gives an idea of not only how old they are, but how long they lasted before the Transformers evolved)

I don't believe the Transformers have such long life-spans here as they do in other series. (probably how they account for differently "aged" robots)

11. Overlord Balder

Okay then, explained [though this raises another question: How the Cube still had energy in the events of the first movie even after millions of years after the last "recharge"?].

What do you mean with "differently aged" robots?

12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    *cracks knuckles*

If you make links between your questions and statements, maybe you can make an answer with them, let's see:

You can't just create energy, it has to be derived from something else. You can't make water out of nothing, either, you need hydrogen and oxygen. So the harvester might be able to create energon by itself from the solar energy it collects, but if it just harvested solar energy and let the cube transform it, the combo might use less energy and make more energon. Yeah, basically I'm suggesting The Cube's a giant distillery of some sort.

However,

In the DOTM prequel, just being around a sun powered the thing, which in turn powered the planet, so maybe a solar harvester intensifies this effect. Though drastically. So while the cube could potentially power itself with the sun it orbits, it works more efficiently with the harvester.

Therefore, the two go hand in hand, each working more efficiently while in tandem with the other. They can both do the other's work, but they just work better when they stick to their guns.

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Doctor Scalpel performing his operation on reviving Megatron in addition to "donates" part used the Allspark shard saying "Now we need some Energon".

While the Allspark gives life to Cybertron by providing Energon it is not infinite. The Matrix is a device similar to the Allspark that it can revive the dead. Unlike the Allspark it does not kill the user when placed at the spark chamber.

It could be the Allspark sought the Matrix through Sam as its next container.

The Allspark and the Matrix are the only devices able to create Energon in the Movie continuity.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I thought that was what I said - humans need oil for lots of stuff but can't use it to make other humans...like TFs could need Energon for lots of stuff but couldn't use it to create other TFs. If I was unclear, I apologize. But...

I shouldn't have forgotten that line - I love quoting Scalpel randomly. You're absolutely right. "Zi shard make Energon!" or something to that effect. There goes my line of thought.