The Prime Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Nov 13, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

"What do you think of the Transformers: Prime line? Do you think it will blend in with say, classic Transformers? Or do you think it will be Animated all over again?"

Personally, I'm at that fifty fifty point. The aesthetics are different but, not different enough, as to say: Animated, or the movie toys in the sense that you feel as if it is a solid figure.

However, the main drawback I have noticed from the figures is, that in a nutshell it is very "Baynimated" there are various smooth parts, followed up with spiked kibble. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does make me long for the A/E/C lines, as well as Classics, where everything essentially blended in with everything.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it'll be great, and will just continue to get better as it continues. I don't think it blends in well with any previous TF incarnations, but that's not a downside for me (if anything it's a plus). As for the similarities to the movie-verse, they are far and few between. The Prime stuff will definitely be commanding it's own sub-section of my collection, and will probably end-up being one of the larger ones.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it looks pretty awesome.

Not really.

I hope so, because Animated was incredible.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

I really don't get why everyone tries to blend everything with Classics. Only non-Classics figures that fit into Classics for me are a very small amount of the Energon and Cybertron figures. Everything else can go away and be their separate thing.

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But the A/E/C line was detailed sections on blocks, for the most part.
    Prime has a good combination of both Classics/Universe and movie aesthetics. It's looking like a good 'go between' that'd fit well in an almost evolutionary display.

6. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

Just finished watching Peaugh's latest reviews.
    I think the line is nicely distinct from anything else, while still doing homage to what has come before.
    I don't care for "Bayformers". On the other hand, I adored Animated. So I think it's ...nice.
    It's really the strength of the character's from the TV show that's got me hooked on this line.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I see that mind share bug I implanted in your brain has finally started working.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome, and won't fit with anything at all, i have already installed another glass cabinet in the toy room just for them

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    "Hey, this toy looks pretty cool, but it's in a line of which I have made my dislike known. I have to rationalize the purchase somehow without eating crow!"

10. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I'm a little more hopeful about it blending, because I am for one less than thrilled about the current Classics incarnations of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. And at least from what I seen in person from Bee, it could work for me. Besides, my collection is a bit of a mess anyway in that regard anyway.)

11. ediblesteak

ediblesteak Well-Known Member

Sell the movie toys, since later on down the line,
    it'll be harder to find the animated toys, than the movie ones since there's plenty of them to go around right now.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Think you posted in the wrong thread.

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    These toys stand out, in a good way. They shouldn't be shoehorned into being part of something they're not. They should be allowed to be themselves.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yeah. I never understood the mentality of "IT MUST GO WITH SOMETHING!!" whatever happened to appreciating toys by their own merits?

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Budgeon and Seaspray ruined it for everybody.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I tend to either have one version of each character on a shelf, regardless of series, or I have one series on a shelf, depending on my mood, so either way, TFP will fit into my collection, though, ATM, there are only certain characters I want.

17. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Well for me, it is a sense of "This fits... yeaaaaahhh" I am the kind of collector that likes everything to fit in together, and pretty much everything fits together, up until the Bayformers toys, after that it's a little... Well, not flattering at all.

Mainly because of the spindly feel, rather then the traditional... well Transformers feel. Then Animated came out, I love animated dearly, however I hate how I have to have my own section for them, instead of them just getting along with the rest of the crew, however between the diffrent plastics and aesthetics it just doesn't blend.

I -do- have the Prime NYCC BB and Arcee, the Bee fits in really well, the Arcee not so much, but... Eh? This thread was more so to see what you guys think though... But, I am at a bit of a loss. If I say one thing people assume i'm saying something else, when really I am just talking about the one thing, and it is a bit frustrating to say the least.

However, this being said. Transformers are really nifty, don'cha think?

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, I needed extra cons to fill the ranks.. :p 

19. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kind of pissed that Hasbro is going to be releasing new versions of the first series figures. It kind of makes you wonder whats the point of releasing earlier figures if you're just going to make new ones. With the movies it kind of made sense as the toys got upgraded less frequently but with these we're not even waiting half a year. So now I'm worried that I'll be wasting my money on Voyager Prime when there may or may not be a Leader class. Same with Megatron. I'm already having enough trouble deciding which Starscream to get. Anyone else kind of pissed too?

20. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    It is coming along great :D  I can't wait for my wallet to stop crying though!