The Prime Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Thought this would make for a nice positive thread.

Say something that you appreciate about the show, whether big or small. Just one thing per post.

I'll start: I appreciate the superb voice casting, from old favourites Cullen and Welker to newer talents like Montano, Combs and Blum!

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Voice acting from almost everyone is great.

Arcee is great, Ratchet is funny, Knockout is brining sexyback, Airachnid's a pyscho, Breakdown is boss and Megatron's well just creepy.

Miko is a fun human being.

I love the episodes Scrapheap, Con Job, Deus Ex Machina, Speed Metal, Sick Mind, Crisscross and Partners.

3. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

I appreciate the reliable official online release schedule for episodes so that I can watch the show despite not having access to the Hub.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said this before but I simply love how accessible TF: Prime is, it's tone, visuals, direction and writing turned it into the first Transformers series since Beast Wars that I've managed to get my friends hooked on, while other series they dropped rather fast due to being too "childish" (I think thats what one of them meant when he said "this looks gay" at least ) or some other extra prejudice-heavy reason.

5. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

SOUNDWAVE'S TELEVISION FACE. :bowdown:  'NUFF SAID.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    About time before this was made.

7. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Starscream whenever he monologues. Almost as good as BW Megs. Almost.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I love the extra little touches they put in during animation, whether it be an eye roll, a hand gesture, or just a little difference in the way characters walk or run depending on the situation.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    The voice acting is great, and so is the animation.

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    This show is just pure GOLD. i love it!

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Where do I start? I luuuurve this show. :bowdown: 

-The overall maturity of the series. I'm an adult, but I don't feel embarrassed watching this show because it's so mature in its tone and characterization. TF Prime proves that you can make a TF cartoon that is technically aimed at kids, but has plenty of deeper aspects to attract adults.

-Knockout. Everything about him is WIN. Great personality, great voice, great physical design, great dialogue, great interaction with the other characters, etc etc. And his metrosexuality is a natural part of his personality, instead of being a stereotype or played for laughs. Every moment he's on screen is gold.

-Female characters. Arcee is without a doubt the strongest and least stereotypical female TF we've ever had, Airachnid is a close second, and Miko is a fun portrayal of a happy high-on-life fangirl. It's nice to have fembots portrayed as real, meaningful characters, without having their entire existence revolving around their gender.

-Character design. I love the way they've taken the movie style and Animated style (two VERY different styles) and combined them to make something new and original. The visuals are unique and appealing, and takes Transformer design in interesting new places. They've even sold me on robot eyebrows!

-Humans who don't suck. I know there's a lot of disagreement on this, but I think these are some of the best humans we've ever had. I like all three of the kids, and even the minor characters like June and Fowler are fun to have around.

12. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

Seeing as how I have not really liked a TF show since RID (and that show was nowhere near my favorite), I am proud to say Prime is now in my top two. The characters are refreshing and not annoying, sans some of the kids who I do enjoy occasionally. The character's style that the bots are presented in looks really good, which is surprising to me because I hated Animated's character style and the Movie-verse's character style. The voice acting is also top notch! Bulkhead, whom I despised in Animated, has become one of my favorite characters on this show, with Arcee being a close second. This is the show I have waited a long time for as a fan and hope it continues on for a long time!

13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It's like Animated with a little bit of realism. What's not to love?

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    KnockOut.

15. Team Prime

Team Prime Gosh, idiots...

hard to say... I just like all of it.

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Ratchet Ratchet Ratchet. :D 

Okay, I do love more than just him. One of the things I noticed was the lighting effects, and all the tiny little things they do with the TFs bodies- battle damage, dings and dents, and how every TF's optics are unique to themselves. All that stuff. It's a really pretty show.

17. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Breakdown.

18. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Everything!!! I can't decide on one favorite thing, the whole show and everything about is just so awesome!

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I appreciate Knock Out.

Oh and Miko is awesome! I don't think I've ever liked a human character as much as I like her.

This too <3

20. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

Of the many things that the show has going for it, one aspect which seems to consistently blow me away is the animation, more specifically the subtle nuances. Of course the larger scale battles are choreographed wonderfully, but I'm simply stunned by the detail that we get in all of the bots. Be it scratches and scraps or the realistic way paint glints under specific kinds of lighting, I have to give the TFP animators a gold star! Also, as already mentioned here, the subtle movements of both bots and humans alike are amazing as well! The humanistic way we see Optimus or Ratchet's eyes flit around, or the fantastic facial expressions we get from Bee (his puppy dog expression is irresistible!), Arcee (gotta love it when she rolls her eyes!), 'Screamer (all of his expressions are gold!) and Knockout (his smirks are priceless!) sets this show apart from the rest for me!