The power of a Decepticon Matrix?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ORIO, Sep 2, 2007.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, its been rumored to exsist, but what can it do?

The Autobot Matrix does the following:
    1. It is the most effective source of new sparks and the place where they return after Deactivation
    2. Its believed to be a conduit for the energy of Primus
    3. The only thing able to stop Unicron
    4. Only beings with an affinity for the Matrix can use it
    5. When a new leader is chosen they are physically enhanced and renamed with a "Prime" suffix (unless you're Ultra Magnus and you "Can't deal with that now")

So, would a Decepticon Matrix do the opposite? Ie; the only thing able to stop Primus, a conduit for Unicron, etc..

2. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I heard it was just a rumor but it would be interesting if it existed

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Surely it wouldn't have any power re: destroying Primus and helping Unicron, since Primus created the 'cons as well, and Unicron is a danger to 'bots and 'cons in equal measures? (although bear in mind I've never seen the Unicron trilogy so I'm going off G1 only)

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I heard that it is similar to the Autobot Matrix in name only. It's basicaly what makes Decepticons evil, without it, there would be no bad robots. But that's what I heard, I don't know if it's official.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Decepticons were never Unicrons followers (except a small handful and the Universe crew).

Therefore the Decepticon matrix would have no reason to funnel the essense of Unicron, and most likely, would not be a device to destroy Primus. The decepticons wish to conquer Cybertron, not to destroy it (once again, except for a select few).

I expect the Decepticon matrix would carry within it the wisdom/knowledge of Decepticon leaders throughout the ages, as is the case with the Autobots.
    With regards to the healing/regenerating aspects, the Decepticons seem like the kind to focus its power on restoring the holder, a more selfish idea that fits better with the Decepticon values.

I would expect the Decepticon Matrix would be held by someone much higher up in the Decepticons, not Megatron, who I see as merely a military Commander.
    It wouldnt seem to far-fetched to suggest that the Decepticons have a high counsil as shown in the comics during Thunderwing's rise to power.

The Decepticons seem the kind who wouldnt want to risk an item of such power on the battlefield, and thus would likely have the matrix held by one who was not a soldier, more like a King.

I expect the Decepticon matrix would be able to be used as a weapon in extreme circumstances, but not on a level with the Autobot matrix. Perhaps able to destroy or heavily damage the Autobots Matrix carrier. Perhaps the Autobot version could do the same, so they would be kept seperated to prevent the loss of both.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    decepticon matrix does not exist, simple as that. it was a lie.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, there IS a 'Decepticon Matrix'. The Death Matrix owned by none other than Uncron's champion Nemesis Prime. It is the one thing, the only thing that can destroy Primus in any/all TF Universes. It wouldn't be too much a a stretch to believe that the Death Matrix had darker equivalents to the Autobot Matrix.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The Decepticon Matrix was a lie but it would be cool if there was one. It would be sweet if they came up with an arc in a cartoon series where Megatron was looking for the Matrix and in the end found it furthering his own power. Just a thought.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

What about the Dead Matrix? I thought about the Universe Nemesis Prime having a "matrix" so I bring you this.

Heres what I stole from Wikipedia. And yes I do know it is not a reliable source.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Wasn't there an episode in season 3 where the Quintsaons tricked the Decepticons into believing that there was a Decepticon Matrix, only to find out it was fake?

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but Nemesis Prime's Dead Matrix has nothing to do with the Decepticons. The Decepticons don't want to destroy Cybertron, but only conquer it and use it as a mobile military fortress to conquer the known Universe. Only a few Decepticons (as well as a hand full of mind screwed Autobots) ever served Unicron.

Also, the only real references to a Decepticon Matrix were in G1 during the 'Five Faces of Darkness' five parter. And, it was later revealed to be a lie concocted by the Quints to beguile Galvatron into allowing the Decepticon army into serving their purposes.

EDIT: Also, looking back at my TFCC Comic bio for Nemesis Prime, his Dead Matrix was constructed from a cloned Optimus Prime's Autobot Matrix. The essence of Primus within was filtered out and corrupted and than Unicron filtered his own evil essence into the once Autobot Matrix making it a Dead Matrix. It's the one thing in the Universe that can destroy Primus' Spark and was shown to almost be successful in the TFCC comic, but he was stopped by the intervention of God Fire Convoy (Omega Prime).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  12. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Is the Autobot matrix even the AUTOBOT matrix? I thought it was just the "Matrix of Leadership," created before cybertron even split into two factions. Or am I wrong?

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

This is a cool discussion... almost like asking if God exists on Sunday...

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My view is that each of the first 13 Transformers had an artifact that embodied their powers - Vector Prime's got his sword, Prima has the Matrix of Leadership, etc. While the first 13 are mostly gone now, their artifacts remain in circulation. One of those could contain the collective military knowledge and tactics of the ages, much as Prima's Matrix contains the wisdom of the ages. That would be your "Matrix of Conquest", an item which could empower a compatible Transformer to become a master tactician.

I dislike the idea of the Matrix belonging to the Autobots, in my opinion it merely represents power, neither good nor bad but shaped by the one who holds it. If a Decepticon obtained it and was judged worthy, he would receive the power. It all depends on what it takes to be a "worthy" Decepticon. Heck, maybe Thundercracker was worthy, so when he as Scourge obtained the Matrix, it reacted with the Thundercracker in him enhancing him, but the Unicronian cells in him also reacted and caused him to mutate horribly.

15. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

It can darken their lightest minute

16. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Depends on the canon you look at. In the G1 cartoon, it was specifically called the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. A Decepticon Matrix was also named, but ended up being poppycock, thanks be to the Quintessons.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Interesting theories. I like them. I think it would be great if we could hear more about said artifacts and where they had gone. Maybe Furman could explore something like this down the road though I am really happy with the current story arcs. I also never considered that about Scourge. That is very possible.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Did you ever see Headmasters? The Destrons blew up Cybertron.

Anyway, the Death Matrix is the closest thing to a Decepticon Matrix.

19. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I think Furman said he doesn't want to include the Matrix in the IDW comics. At least not as it's been used in the past. It was seen in Stormbringer and a few other mentions, but I doubt it's being used as anything more than a ceremonial "crown" of sorts, used in defining leadership amongst the Autobots.

20. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

Just because we've not seen it, does not mean it doesn't exist. Let's just leave it at, it hasn't made an appearance yet. I'm sure a writer will be brave enough to trek (see what I did there? ha!) through this particular ark. (I did it again!)

Remember we didn't even know the Matrix existed until the movie itself. Soooo....