The Post Office Officially SUCKS Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Sep 4, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Its official, the Post Office sucks.

Today, I had been home all day, never leaving anywhere, and I have 2 dogs that will go insane and on a barking craze if anyone comes to the door.

Yet somehow, when I go to check the mail, I find a slip in there that says that the postal worker tried to deliver my package to the door, and that I wasn't home. And that I will have to pick up the package at the next available postal day.

Problem with that, combine the fact that tomorrow is Sunday and its a 3 day weekend, I won't be able to pick up my package until Tuesday. TUESDAY!!!

I even drove around trying to hopefully find the postal truck nearby, and pick it up that way. I was lucky enough, to find a postal worker, but it wasn't one that delivered to my street, so they didn't deliver the note nor have the package.

This package is from a customizer friend of mine that just customized my ROTF Leader Megatron and 3 HA Bikes trying to make a custom Arcee, Chromia, and Elita-1. And now I have to wait 3 more days to go pick it up, in spite of it being like a 5 minute drive from my house. I was/am pissed!

So now this thread is dedicated to how badly the Post Office or even UPS/Fedex SUCKS!!!!

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I have zero problems with the post office.

perhaps the post office worker is afraid of your 2 dogs. that could be the reason he doesn't like to step on to your property & ops to leave a yellow slip in your mail box.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like my post office:mad 

When it comes to packages, they knock on my door or leave a slip.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I had the same thing with canadapost yesterday, all of my mail is delivered to my workplace and the mail guy arrived and had no box for me even thou tracking said out for delivery next thing I know I am handed a slip from an employee saying I can pick up my stuff the following day. Check with your local post office and see if it's ready for pickup, I was able to get mine without any issues.

5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also have no problems. All deliveries and pick ups have been great.

6. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Possibly, but what doe s/he think, that they are going to tear and knock down my front door?

Besides, one of them is a Bichon (the barker) and the other is a Husky, who's even more worthless as a watch dog.

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I have never had a problem with my postal services. Everything has been delivered fine to me.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Post office around here is really good. Also the people to whom I sell seem to get their deliveries in a timely manner. Maybe it's just your local branch.

9. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Yeeeah, but does the postman know what the breeds are? I gotta be honest, I'd be freaked walking up to somebody's house with two bloody great dogs going off full-tilt at me. Doesn't really excuse what he did, but if this is the reason then I feel sorry for him.

And no problems for me :thumb  Royal Mail in the Swindon area is damn fine.

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I only have problems when the lazy backup mailman delivers.

I never get packages until my good mail lady comes back to work from sick/vacation.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

the same thing was happening to me. I was on a long layoff this winter and noticed my postal worker doing the same thing. Even worst, he would take everyone of my neighbor's mail and put it in my box and leave me to deliver it. I started taking videos of this and took em to my post office and spoke with their superintendent. I never saw him again. My new guy is awesome. I plan on getting him a Christmas present.

12. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    THIS!!!

God I hate when our Postwoman takes a day off. Her replacement invariably will deliver mail to my house that goes to a house 4 blocks away with the same number (115). I know for a fact that those people over there get our mail as well, since my subscripition copy of Maxim had "NOT REILEY" written on the address label. And now I still haven't gotten my mag from TF Club, and it was reportedly sent the week the replacement was working........

13. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my po sucks, they always mail to the wrong address, or leave my box outside in the rain. but its improving a bit now. so they are so, so.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
  15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    And be nice to the Mailman/lady when possibe.

I give mine xmas presents and gifts and she leaves sig confirmation parcels when i can't be there.

16. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

At least USPS delivers on Saturdays. Canada Post doesn't delivery on Saturday so you're at a lost by default.

I've read that if you do have dogs, the postman can skip your house if they feel at danger.

17. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    My P.O is very good. I've only had one problem since I've lived here and it was fixed the same day. I do have some FedEx issues though.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Calm down man. It's a couple days. At least you know it's there and you'll be able to pick it up. Some folks around here really need to exercise some patience.

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The local post office is fine, but I have the OP's problem with UPS. The drivers absolutely will not knock on the door, to the point where I have to open the door and the windows and leave them open all day if I'm expecting a package. If it looks like I'm not home, they'll just leave the note and flee. A couple times they haven't even left the note.

And don't get me started on FedEx, who tried all three times to deliver my Botcon boxset at 8:00 AM before I got home from work, forcing me to drive about forty miles to their distribution center in another state to get it.

20. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kidding... enjoy the 3 day weekend :lol