The Possibilities of "Everything"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Sep 2, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    So i was watching the discovery channel, and who pops up? Why my favorite New York Physics Proffesor Michio Kaku.

So what is this thread about?

I want to discuss ( like Michio) the possibilities of everything!

The 3 civilizations
    The M theory
    Time Travel
    Black Holes

You name it

What do think is, and is not possible for us to advance into our universe.

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Whowhatnow?

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I have seen his videos on Youtube. Very interesting...

4. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Lol....guess i will start it off. So We are a Civilization 0 right now, which means we live off of dead planets, fossil fuels, coal, natural gas. The next stage is Civilization 1, where we learn to effectivley use a planets wind, air, water, and its natural disasters to survive. Next We become a Civilization 2, where we harness the suns energy, using its solar flares and any means of its heat to create power. Next is civilization 3, where we harness hundreds of stars for energy, spred amongst the universe to create a utopian civilization.

There is a topic that should last a while

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Interesting.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

The whole point of his idea is that we cannot get from 0 to 1 without a global government. Which might lead to political discussion, which is not allowed here. :thumbdown 

Well, it's allowed somewhere...

7. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Meh true, but that isn't the point of the thread, if i wanted this to be about politics i would get poho in here lol.

Anyways, Read the topic my friend, there is plenty more to discuss, black wholes in theory, what materials will be available that aren't today.

Planets to discover, the list is neverending.

And i think, (speaking on materials available) that we can perfect a metal that can adjust to its enviornment, to keep from eroision and wear

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I think we found that metal at Roswell.

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Lol...i doughts pipe cleaners and foil counts..

10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

11. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The Daily Mail is a laughable excuse for a rag, I woulden't cite it as a source if it said that the Earth was round.

12. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

I agree

Anyways that's a touchy subject and it will always come out 50/50

Besides, UFO's have been around for 1000 of years, even documented in biblical and egyptian lore.

So its mystery has been documented for a while.

But i wonder how we will travel through space, with the equation of our mass becoming greater by the faster we move past light.

13. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We live off of dead PLANETS?!? Isn't that more like level 1? ;) 

Seriously, my primary fascination is with the concept of the singularity. The idea is that that technology advances exponentially and that in a graph of technological advancement, we are in the "knee of the curve". So whereas the agricultural revolution occurred thousands of years ago and then not much else happens technologically, in the last hunderd years we've seen faster and faster advances. The Wright brothers at the start of the century advances to moon landings a mere six decades later. What did six decades mean in term of tech progress in, say, the 1200's? Nothing - 60 years later, everyone's using the same level of technology as their grandparent's grandparents.

So the idea is that the advancements are coming so rapidly that the graph eventually turns into a vertical line, what is called a "singularity" or "spike" - a rate of tranformation so rapid that predictions become useless. Some believe that this spike will occur withing the next 50 years.

So stay healthy kids! We might be the first generation to attain immortality, with advances in biotech (spare parts), infotech (whole-mind downloads), nanotech (all kinds of crazy shit), or xyztech - which would be whatever crazy shit lurks up the spike that our small mammalian protein-based brains couldn't even comprehend.

14. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Well in all honesty we can't "FULLY" become the first civilization because, we are still on a seperatist level. Until we can work together, talk together, and basically have a globalized government (Sorry for bringing that up) we will never hit that point in time.

Now The U.S. can become a single body since its beliefs and foundings are generally excepted by (US) the in-habitants. But we still have to find that common ground where racial profiling, crime, and independence from other countries becomes a reality, then we can at least have a glance at the civilization 1 factor.

15. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was actually responding to your typo of saying "planets" instead of "plants". Dead PLANETS - get it?

16. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Wow, eyeballkid met his best friend.