The Plots.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LacksAFace, Feb 14, 2012.

1. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I hear people say that the Bayformers movies sucked because of their stories?
    May I ask way?

I know that ROTF was a bit of a mess, but after re-thinking 07 and DOTM's stories I don't see the plot as a piece of shit. It seems to fit well together and nothing is too retarded that it cannot be explained?

So, too those who list the plots as bad, what are the reasons? (Mainly looking for 07/DOTM, not ROTF points).

2. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I would have to say the Soundwave back story will Dillon and his father bother me.

The plot for the first movie was for the Autobots to have finally made it to earth with the Decepticons already here searching for Megatron. The story in DOTM claims that Decepticons have known about Earth (possibly a long time since Sentinel was supposed to meet up with Megatron) for sometime and have been meddling in its affairs.

This means Soundwave has been on Earth for a few decades and was either not looking for Megatron or was still following a plan to pillage Earth that Megatron came up with before he crash landed.

DOTM also negates the story of the Fallen. Megatron was to be serving him and searching for the cube to destroy Earth's sun and harvest its energy. Destroying the planet. All of Soundwaves plans and meddling were for nothing. Megatron didn't seem like he wanted to overthrow the Fallen and then take Earth over.

For me, its not each movies plot that is troublesome. Its the overall story of the 3 that make no sense.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

While somebody did put the plots of all three films together, there are still plot holes so I have to agree with this. Sentinel left Cybertron before Megatron yet Megatron arrived first. He was falling through space so I don't think he could have made a detour. Also, if Megatron wanted to overthrow the Fallen, why did he attack Optimus instead of the Fallen. He could have ordered Scream to get the Matrix while he was helping Optimus.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The stories themselves were generally fine.

It's how they were told that sucked.

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube: