The pillars would have been more threatening used backwards

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The plan was to ship Cybertron to Earth? Right. That's really wondrous and all, but not so scary as it sounds.

Now, shipping Earth to Cybertron, that would have freaked me out. Have the pillars create a wormhole big enough to envelop the Earth and transport it away from the solar system and into Cybertron's orbit. Not only would it have generated more panic, but it would have also served as an Autobot means to return to their home, which unfortunately gets destroyed to save Earth (or something like that).

Overall, the space bridge plan sounded fine, just back to front.

2. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

that would've been awesome!

my idea of it is that, sure they transport Earth to Cybertron BUT Cybertron AND Earth survives, but Megs and the Decipticons still get killed. So they build a massive rocket booster (in homage to the last episode to TF Cybertron)and slowly move Earth back into place.

This would've allowed TF4 to take place, as they could've bumped into Unicron on the way back to the Milky way!

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    o_O ... Dammit, that would've been better.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Moving the Earth does sound like a bigger threat. And then I'd destroy Cybertron and leave the Earth safe and stable but stranded at its new address.

5. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    or maybe half of the earth and half of cybertron end up in our solar system, and the other halves in cybertron's orbit!

6. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Seeing as how the decepticons wanted to use humans for their slave labor, transporting Earth to Cybertron wouldn't have made any sense and we would have all died. Unless the Cybertronian solar system would've provided the environment suitable for life to continue on this planet.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's a movie. I'm sure they could've explained away how humans would've survived the journey and stuff.

8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Seeing as how the Decepticons wanted to use humans for their slave labor, transporting Earth to Cybertron wouldn't have made any sense and we would have all died. Unless the Cybertronian solar system would've provided the environment suitable for life to continue on this planet."

I thought about it, and this is how I see it:

For life on Earth to survive, all that is needed is an atmosphere and ample sunlight. The space bridge, if big enough, can cover the Earth with stratosphere and all and transport the whole body to Cybertron. From what Sentinel Prime described of the technology and what was seen in the film, it could very well leave Earth fully intact. As for the sun, I think the cons will handle artificial lighting or something for their slaves.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Hmmm, giant robots invade Chicago, kill most of the city's population, got the humans to essentially force the Autobots (the only guys who could stop the Decepticons) into a trap that killed them all, and said Decepticons are going to enslave the entire human race and the armed forces of the world can't stop them because they get their communications jammed for the third movie in a row. I'm not sure just how much more panic could be generated when all of humanity is about to be subjected to a fate worse than DEATH and they essentially killed the good guys.

Furthermore, along with proving the fact that Decepticons/Sentinel Prime are complete and lazy bastards (have our own soldiers rebuild our planet? That's sutupid! Let's go enslave smaller, weaker lifeforms to do it for us instead!), there's the tiny little fact we need the sun to survive. If Earth was moved to Cybertron's neck of the woods, that would destroy the balance of the Solar system and kill everything on Earth in a matter of days because of oxygen deprivitation (plants would all die because of no sun, and guess what makes oxygen) or the planet freezing over, whichever came first.

Plus, Cybertron isn't exactly in a nice spot, so moving it closer to an active star (energy) with the local slave supply center (Earth) nearby, seems to be the much more ideal option.

Oh HELL no. That is an amazingly stupid idea. I'm sorry, but that's just shoehorning in something from a cartoon animation into the live action movies that would require a huge portion of the CGI budget. And considering how the big drain on the CGI budget has ended up for the past two movies (ROTF - Devs, DOTM - Driller), I'd rather not go there a third time just to reference a stupid moment from a cartoon most people watching the movie wouldn't even GET.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea honestly the whole plan of moving entire planets never sounded that great to begin with.

If all you needed was a labor force and materials why not just transport the labor force and materials you needed instead of an entire planet. A bit like how the Decepticons back in G1 planned on using their space bridge to bring energon back to Cybertron.

Without breathable air, food and water it doesn't sound like a human work force would last very long on Cybertron to actually be able to rebuild squat.

Two planets that close together also brings up some orbital and gravitational questions the film didn't seem like it wanted to answer.

11. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Were they really moving entire planets? I thought they were just going to transport humans to Cybertron as slaves and take whatever else they needed from earth. I don't think they actually transported Cybertron. We could see it because of the space bridge, but I bet standing on Cybertron it was still in the same place and they could have seen earth the same way...

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It'd probably be easier to move and fix free-floating cybertron to a star until they ran out of resources, then just take it somewhere else, than the bring stuff to Cybertron over and over.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    But would we have survived? Nothing says the pillars can transport organics. Hell, when Dylan came into contact with the live control pillar he was electrocuted. If that enegry covered our whole planet like it did Cybertron we'd all be boned.

But really when you consider all that isn't it really just easier to move Cybertron, a planet that can survive in different cosmic conditions rather than move Earth that only sustains life because of it's incredibly precise placement in relation to our specific sun?

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think the plan was to use humans to STRIP EARTH of its resources [since we're so good at it] with human labor, and then use said resources to buidl Cybertron, not use them directly to build Cybertron.

The movie did leave that unclear, though.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    All we know is that humans would be slave workers. The whole "we mine our own resources which they then take to use on Cybertron" is entirely possible and doesn't contradict anything.

Also nothing says Cybertron doesn't have breathable air. We've seen fires an whatnot on Cybertron, so it needs air for that at least.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    So the part of the world that went threw the portal before it closed disintegrates?

No thank you.

17. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

In other continuities, organic life can survive on Cybertron just fine. Exactly how when there doesn't seem to be a sun or air, isn't explained.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't remember, what was the size difference between Earth and Cybertron? Maybe Earth is too big to go through the portal?

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the closest any series got was that Beast Machines said that Cybertron was once an organic planet. If Beast Machines was going to bring plants to Cybertron you'd figure it has a sun somewhere close enough to keep plant life from dieing.

It is kind of weird though how on the cartoons Cybertron had not only the right mixture of gases for humans to breath but an atmosphere that wasn't too thick or two thin to keep humans from breathing normally there. No one ever did that bit like in the movie Total Recall.

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "So the part of the world that went threw the portal before it closed disintegrates? No thank you."
    Fine, I grant that. But I was thinking first they had to generate the portal and keep it running long enough before Earth passed through it first, which is more difficult than it sounds considering there's a fight on.

"I can't remember, what was the size difference between Earth and Cybertron? Maybe Earth is too big to go through the portal?"
    There are scans at TFWiki that show that Cybertron was about twice the size of Earth, which was kind of how I got the idea of transporting the smaller planet Earth.

Still, it was a nice idea I had.