The perils of Brutal Legend

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Enigma2K2, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is anyone interested in this one? If so, you better sit down.

It was bad enough when Tim Schafer couldn't catch a break with Activision, then the rug gets pulled from under them altogether when Activision drops the title completely, to concentrate on more lucrative franchises... like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero... and Spyro. I sh*t you not, I read that somewhere.

Well, in one of the most un-dick moves I've seen from them in a while, EA picked him up, dusted him off, and gave him a home. Now we'll get a multi-platform release of Schafer's version of Tenacious-D.

That is, unless Activision has their way...

This is almost enough to make me kick Tony Hawk to the curb.

2. Rider Strike

Rider Strike HARD WORK AND GUTS.

Activision sucks in all ways, shapes, and forms

3. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't care less about this game by this point, since E3 it's gotten less than stellar previews and i'm not just going to lap from Tim Shaffer's tit based on previous successes; because you know lapping at the tit of someone who did other successful projects worked so well for Star Wars fans. Also, Brutal Legend falls into that "I really don't care because it's too raunchy, like MadWorld" for me. If this game never comes out, yes it's a shame and I feel sorry for the developers; however, I don't feel bad for EA. I can feel the pain of the artists that work so hard to develop something just for it to be put in peril so much.

4. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    This was discussed in another thread that didn't come up when I did a search, and yet it's hotlinked at the bottom of my thread... go figure... and as I recall, Omega, you didn't care much in that thread, either. And, like that thread, I disagree with you completely.

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/video-games-technology/237895-activision-trying-prevent-release-brutal-legend-2.html#post3694599

"Oh boo hoo, everyone cries "Poor me, now i'm getting the game later" or "Poor Tim Shaffer, another of his games are getting shitted on" but no one speaks on the half of Activision. Hell, despite how FAR they've fallen, Activision was a company MADE by game developers that WANTED to be considered artists when Atari was treating everyone as Code Monkeys. To be honest, I think they have a RIGHT to FIGHT against Brutal Legend especially if they sunk development cash into it. I DO want Brutal Legend to come out, but not to be held down by any legal issues. So, let it get delayed it'll be a damn fine game when it's finished."

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Less than stellar previews? Care to link to a few because I've read nothing but glowing and positive previews and hands on impressions of this game.

And comparing it to Madworld? Really? Really?

Do you work for Activision or something?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will definitely get this game, but this foking game comes out the same week at Uncharted 2 and Dragon Age. It just took third place, but I WILL get it.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This game is totally mine when it hits. I can not WAIT for it. The game footage they showed at E3 solidified it for me.

Also, OS-1...your comparing Brutal Legend's "raunchiness" to Madworld? Seriously? Have you even seen the two? The amount of violence in Madworld makes BL look like "Barbie Horse Adventure".

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I bought Madworld, and I felt like someone was trying to overcompensate for something. Every other word in that game was pussy.

10. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i love madworld.

"whats that smell?"
    "its Jack's score"
    "oh, i thought it was a skunk fucking a piece of shit on a bed made of trash"

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i get the feeling youve played barbie horse adventure. try the xxx version. :lol 

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing about this board that unites us, Metalryde, is that no matter what system or game genre you like, we've all played Barbies Horse Adventure. Smasher has even rigged his PC to play it at work during down time.

13. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    I WAS expecting this one to be closed since ther is another thread about it... it just didn't come up when I did a preemptive search to check.

... and I still agree with Twin Twist.

What I disagree with is your opinion that Activision has a right to fight against it. If they were THAT concerned about their monies that they sank into the game, why the hell did they drop it in the first place?

And the only legal issues that pop up are coming from Activision!!! Schafer just wants the game to be released!!! For someone who does want to see the game come out, you sure as hell don't act like it...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009