The Perfect Transformers Toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Aug 20, 2011.

1. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Dont know if it has been done already....but to you, what is the perfect transformer toy?

I ask becuz people are not satifised no matter what.....more paint apps, better sculpted head, better mode....etc etc....

What is the perfect transformers toy?

2. darkunor

darkunor Banned

My perfect transformer toys will be a release of all US G1 toys with toon accuracy, basically I want classics figures whether deluxe, scout, voyager or whatever with masterpiece detail, gimmicks and toon accuracy minus masterpiece prices and QC issues, of course, if possible!

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    ^ He's asking for the perfect TOYS, not what you like because of pure nostalgia wank.

Henkei Hound. It does everything perfectly, is interesting to transform, and most importantly, it has loads of charm. He is a wonderful stand alone figure.

4. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Lamborghini brothers. They do everything a transformer is supposed to do

5. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Masterpiece Grimlock for me, but it seems I find a new one every year.

6. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

I really like the Combaticons with the fansproject upgrade. The figures have a good bot, alt, and a superb combined mode

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

G1 soundwave. he's understated elegance--posable, kibble-less alt. mode, amazing gimmick (with the tapes) and cartoon accurate.

8. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I beg to differ but I have infact answered the question appropriately, mr fanwank (yuyuyami)! The question doesn't ask which specific toy you consider to be the perfect but asks what you would consider to be the perfect transformer, mr fanwank (yuyuyami)!

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Animated Prowl. Does both modes perfectly AND accurately, has a great and fun transformation, and you get a posable and cool looking robot. The exact essence of what every Transformer strives to be. Although he's not my favorite Transformer toy.

10. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Darkunor is correct guys....sorry for not being clearer...

11. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^ Well, that kind of makes this a useless thread if you open up the realm of hypotheticals, which is exactly what Darkunor did with his post and why I objected. People revealing that which IS they find to be perfection is far more useful to the collector looking for good figures, after all.

While we're on the realm of hypotheticals, though, this WOULD be my perfect toy:

I want a voyager sized, G1 accurate Warpath figure. It would have a sturdy diecast endoskeleton and a lovingly detailed plastic exoskeleton. It would have amazing articulation that would not get loose over time, a perfect transformation, a firing gimmick in his chest cannon, nice paint, and a heavy load out of accessory guns that could all store inside of him in each mode. It would not be an H-tank. It would cost at most $30. Hasbro would not short pack it.

There, that's what my perfection WOULD be!

12. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Ok....how about this....what you think is the perfect toy now.....and what you would like to be the perfect toy...

13. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Classics Mirage

14. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Well, I've listed what my perfect toy would be. I suppose I also want to add HftD Hubcap to the list of figures that are perfect.

15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    My perfect theoretical Transformers toy? A kibble-less Transformers Prime cast. Right now they are *almost* perfect, pretty much as perfect as they can be in plastic form as a retail toy by Hasbro, but if they could get Studio Halfeye to do Transformers Prime toys... well, let's just say I'd be broke.

16. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Look, Mr fanwank (yuyuyami) it's bad enough you've made yourself look like a complete ass but at least have the decency to acknowledge you've made a mistake instead throwing insults and yes the thread is about hypotheticals as lots of other threads on this website are. So if your'e not interested just leave, don't contribute or if you're gonna stay stop being a negative idiot just flinging insults!

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Good head sculpt...a head sculpt alone can make it or break it for a toy in my case. Kup went from a decentish figure to one of my favorite figures once I got the iGear heads, and I don't like WFC Bumblebee and WFC Cliffjumper purely because of the shitty looking faces.
    -Minimum "panelforming" (opposite of Leader Sentinel Prime)
    -Minimum kibble. I find figures that don't have to panelform also have very small amounts of kibble.
    -Fun transformation that I don't have to spend 30mins just to get everything locked up right. Kind of goes hand in hand no panelforming. E.G., most of the Animated figures.
    -Decent articulation, especially if the toy is smaller. For larger toys (larger than Voyager), for some reason I don't really mind less articulation.
    -Gimmicks that don't get in the way
    -Good paint apps and color

18. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RTS Jazz.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The United Jazz toy would be absolutely perfect in every way for me if the chest would lock in place.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime.