The Perfect Figure (near perfect)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by froggy124, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics Seeker mold.

It just does exactly what I want a classics mold to do - adds articulation to a classic G1 design but still looks almost exactly what is homaging, both cartoon and toy. I LOVE it.

2. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

masterpiece optimus prime duh any version except the ultra magnus because its ugly as fuI<

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Battle blade bb and leader OP for me, bb only misses a few details out of the box, and OP.. well how do ya go wrong there? Voyager hftd OP is Damn good too.

4. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    MP Optimus Prime, no contest for me.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Masterpiece Grimlock all the way. It transforms completly(i.e.: no parts that flop around in either mode), he can hold his weapons without assistance(I'm looking at you, MP Roddimus), and in my opinion, he's a perfect size to fit in with my Classics/Universe/RTS displays. I just wish they would make more MP Dinobots, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You see, I would say FE Optimus Prime, but perfect figures should not have to cheat. I'll go with RTS Jazz.

7. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    prime wj and classics mirage

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Classics Seekers are fabulous, I only have ThunderCracker right now but i'm in love with him, I want the rest but I can't afford them right now

9. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

For me it's got to be the US MP Grimlock.

I keep him on my desk as a constant reminder of why I love Transformers.

10. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

MP Grimlock for me.

11. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Perfect:
    MP Grimlock - I really don't have any complaints. It would be nice if the light up button had a way of locking it into on or off, but it's perfect otherwise IMO
    Universe Inferno - Near perfect if they could have filled out his back a little. He just looks a little too... hollow
    TFP FE Cliffjumper - If I had any any major complaints about this figure, it would be the price I paid because the US never got an official wide release. The doors on mine don't really peg in very well but everything else about this figure is excellent IMO
    Generations WFC Megatron - Simple (but elegant) transformation, and a great take on his CG model from the game.
    Generations WFC Soundwave - Not as simple as Megatron but still a great toy. I kinda wish his feet were just a little smaller to scale better with his body, but it makes sense why they're not.
    FP Bruticus - I know this doesn't do it for everyone, but I absolutely love how this figure turned out... and I was never a fan of the original Bruticus! This figure took everything I typically hated about combiners and turned my world upside down. Never did I think that every single bit that enhanced the combined mode could be flipped around and turned into weapons for the individual bots. Now there are some issues in getting all the weapons to hold into place (on my figures anyway) but it's a very small issue for what this adds to my collection.
    TFA Voyager Optimus - I don't really care much for the Animated aesthetic at all, but Voyager Optimus really just knocks it out of the park for me.

Near Perfect:
    Universe Cyclonus - If they could have kept things flush with his head and still give him a ball joint that would have been awesome. That's being more nit picky though... the only other bigger issue I have with him is that his legs don't close up completely around his thighs in alt mode. Other than that, great figure.
    FP Warbot - Yes, it's really hard to stand him up because of his short heels, but I still love this figure. Both alt modes were executed beautifully and the transformation is complex in all the ways I personally enjoy. The only other issue I have with him is how far out his chest sticks out in bot mode, but it's a minor complaint compared to the heels :lol 
    ROTF Buster Prime - Extremely frustrating to get him back into his alt mode the first few times, but still an amazing figure. I could probably do without the swords (since they get in the way all the time) but I can't deny how great they look. I do kind of wish they had left out the electronics and given us a skinnier overall figure, but the Hasbro designers made sure the rest of the body still was proportioned well.
    TFP RID Wheeljack - Another amazing addition from the Prime line. I wish they could have made the windows tuck away somewhere into the forearms, but fortunately, they don't hinder the articulation

Other figures that make the cut but I don't have the time to write comments right now :) o):
    -TFP FE Bulkhead
    -TFP FE Starscream
    -ROTF HA Jazz
    -Alternity Convoy
    -MP-04 and MP-10 for different reasons
    -Generations Kup
    -Generations Scourge
    -Classics Mirage
    -Classics Hound
    -Generations Warpath
    -RtS Jazz
    -RtS Lugnut
    -Perfect Effect Scouting Force X (Reflector)

12. Salty

Salty Fritobot

This

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A handful of Animated toys were done so well. They had simple/innovative transformations instead of being stupidly complicated and finicky, were show accurate, and some of them had tons of articulation. And hey look, transforming was the main gimmick instead of crap-tech!

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP 10, MP-05, MP-08 all are pretty much perfect figures for me

G1 Overlord

15. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics Mirage.

Pure perfection!

16. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Generations Warpath. Practically perfect in everyway down to the awesome paint apps.

17. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To your point; it's amazing how much more enjoyable and 'fun' a toy can be when the transformation isn't overly complicated. There's a thin line though (or a slippery slope depending on your outlook) between it being too simple and/or just complicated enough. I'd use PRID Soundwave as a perfect example of satisfyingly complicated. Admittedly his transformation is slightly fiddly, but overall I really do love transforming and 'playing' with that toy. On the opposite end of the spectrum is PRID Bumblebee, whose so-called intuitive chest/head transformation is bordering on childish. Granted, I like the toy overall but I have to call it out for having a chest/head transformation that definitely hews closer to too simple.

18. MaximusCubed

MaximusCubed Abnormal Survivor

Music Label Soundwave, because he fits well with Classics and has G1 aesthetics. Only thing weighing down its perfection is his price.

Masterpiece Grimlock. Same reasons as Music Label Soundwave, but can fit quite well with other lines, such as Alternators and smaller MP figures. Only problem is the lack of weapon storage, but he's Grimlock, he needs no storage!

Prime Revealers Deluxe Arcee. Scales well in bot mode with other figures, compared to the FE version. I personally find her to be a good overall solid with great proportions (other than the back kibble), quick, yet not overly-complicated transformation, and just a nice overall look that captures the character well. Her upper arms are a bit thin, prone to breaking from force, but at least she feels more sturdy than Ratchet, who seems to be made of the cheapest plastic Hasbro could offer.

Generations Scourge. I can't find one complaint really. He's rather top heavy, so if you have a Scourge with loose hip joints, he's gonna be doing the splits quite often.

Reveal the Shield Lugnut. I gots no issue with this one. Well, just wished his refueling boom/cannon could bend more.

Honorable mentions:
    - Reveal the Shield Jazz, dat old chest won't lock BS.
    - Classics Seeker mold. He's smaller than most regular sized deluxes.

19. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love the classic seeker mold!! but the heads don't move and arm movement is limited with the weapons attached. I love Prime FE starscream...he is soo accurate...but he looks like a chick...not his fault. voyager fe optimus is amazing...but his feet just don't look right. HA Jazz is pure genius...but those hands!!! Prime wheeljack is masterful...not his fault he had gorilla arms...most of the prime autobots do. These are my favorite figures. wish I had MP 10...he looks perfect

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the head does turn on the seeker mold (yeah, it's not ball joint but it does turn.)

Also, I too wish I had MP-10.