The people involved with this movie should be shot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilzFan, Apr 4, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

This is way too fucking soon.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=58356

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think that's a little harsh. I mean, I find it tacky too, but look how soon after the real events they made the movie Flying Tigers, which included (sort of) the attack on Pearl Harbor.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ive gotta say that I would have at least expected this to be made 5 more down the road minimum. Still out of taste with some people, but they still have the right to have it be made.

And does anyone know if this movie depictis the plane being shot down rather than being plunged into the feild?

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

dunno...Im all for good figther pilot action but in this case I would find it distateful

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Honestly... I don't see the problem.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nor do i..

They were ordinary people on a plane.. They called family and learned what had happened to the towers. They knew that their plane would be used in a similar attack. They fought back. This movie is meant to show them for the heroes they were. Plus 10% of the profits are donated to the mermorial fund.

I can't go into my views much more because it would turn political..

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I don't see a problem with it at all. I'm actually suprised it took this long.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Maybe it's just an NY/NJ Area thing then. I just think it's too soon to relive the greatest tragedy on American Soil so quickly.

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I don't have a problem, though I can certainly understand the objections. I think it may be too soon to see a movie that portrays the towers themselves (and the Pentagon) as semi-entertainment, or worse, as melodrama. Those images are all too recognizable and painful.
    But with the focus evidently on Flight 93, the one that wasn't caught on film and played on a loop for all to see, I'm actually very intrigued. I found the reconstructed events of what happened on United 93 in the 9/11 Report to be absolutely amazing. I damn near cried...and I just don't cry anymore.

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

There are in fact TWO 9/11 movies due out this year. Oliver Stone has one due out in the latter part of this year:

World Trade Center

My opinion is that it's too early for this kind of thing, let alone two of them. Creating entertainment based on one of the great tragedies in our country's history less than 5 years after it happened just feels cheap.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Ok, now that I object to. I don't dislike all of Stone's movies by any means, but I don't trust him with this source material. Whoever greenlighted that one should be shot.

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can understand both sides of this debate. I watched the flight 93 show on whatever channel that was just a few months after the events and have read the book "Among the Heroes" based on those events, and am undecided if I am ready for a Hollywood movie.

Given this it seems that the families involved are ok with it. This makes me think it may be ok to do. If this information is inaccurate please post it.

In response to Gigatron_2005's question about the plane being shot down. I haven't heard. However I don't personaly think this was the case. It would however not (in my view) deter from the acts of those aboard the plane that day.

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Well, this makes more sense than all the senseless censoring that went on shortly after the tragedy. Think about it... changing song titles and lyrics?

14. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When this was happening I worked in a movie theater and all the Spiderman 2 preview posters, banners and previews were pulled because the towers were shown as reflections in his eyes. I still have some of these.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Admittedly, this is Hollywood, so I will acknowledge up front that, yeah, both of these 9/11 movies will sell tickets and move seats based on the fact that they focus on a recent issue in American history which has hurt Americans so profoundly that it is hard to look at the subject through the looking glass of one (or two) filmmakers and enjoy - or at least accept - their interpretation.

...but at the same time, there's the possibility that these films might offer catharsis to victims' families from 9/11. There's the remote possibility that this might help somebody a world away from New York (remember, American movies are distributed world-wide) change their viewpoint about this tragedy and the terrorist attack that came with it.

As far as I can think, these films can't be as feather-ruffling as "Farenheit 9/11." That got just about everybody's bloomers in a twist.

16. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I heard this on the national news earlier tonight and do have some mixed feelings about it. I think any movies based on the events of 9/11 should be done in taste and accurate for the sake of history. It should not be entertainment at all, but a way to recreate history chronicling the events taken place that changed our world forever. Movies based on these events should be viewed as means to remember the events in history not to get entertained. One last thing, if those folks think 10% of those proceeds are sufficient for donating for a memorial fund, should need to re-evaluate their logic. I feel 10% are too small. If they feel passionate about the history of United 93, They should be donating much more than that.

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Didn't Discovery Channel already do a movie like this? :huh

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd think, as a general rule, since the events tied very closely to contemporary politics, such movies should only be made, much later down the road, when all perspectives are available.

i mean, they havent even caught osama yet and iraq hasnt fully blown over.

where still in the wake of the ripples of 9/11 and further repercussion/revelation has yet to be revealed.

19. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'm all for the honest portrayal of events so that the world can better understand.

I'm extremely against the commercialization of those events.

That said ...

Go make money elsewhere.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hollywood is an impatient bastard

This disaster was so devastating, that instead of making it a movie, they should mave a movie about all the dumb directors trying to make their movies from it.

And title it " Motherfuckers"

I atleast hope they put some warning on before they air the trailers, since many are already trying to get them to not show them.
    I wouldnt mind and Ill also see the movie, but I can also understand and respect where the victims families are coming from and feel bad they have to see it all over again.
    In widescreen.