the pcc line..?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    wtf is it?

what influenced it?

is it from a show?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Filler.

Crack.

No.

In that order. I'm writing it off as a waste of time and "oh look more stuff I can pass on". Kinda like FABs from the first movie and such.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Power Core Combiners, some, if not all, of the inspiration was taken from ROTF Devastator, using drones vehicles to make up the combined robot. The drones don't have robot mode as they did in G1, Energon, etc.

4. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    seems like a horrible waste of hasbros time and effort. i hope they flop.

5. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    The Stunticons they have planned sound very promising. I'm hoping for all new molds but, expecting repainted Rallybots(5 pack)and Huffer(2 pack), either or, this will probably be the only set of the 5 packs I get.....unless the Protectobots are something special. You should however check out the 2 packs, made of win!

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Actually I think it's pretty good.

Cheap, effective toys. They're good and cheap in price. And there's the playability with other PCCs.

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Hasbro know that the kids market is where 95% (or so) of their sales originate from. Parents will buy a motza of these for their kids - & as long as HasTak keep giving me more older-market-orientated lines (Generations, G1 reissues etc.), lines like PCC are perfectly ok with me. :) 

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

If you don't like them, DON'T BUY THEM! I happen to like them and can't wait for them to come out...

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Easier said than done when there isn't much of anything to buy instead.*

*I'm more referring to when Animated was Hasbro's main focus than I am in this particular case, but yeah. It kinda still applies.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Money saved...

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's plenty to choose from. PCC's, HfD, Generations... I don't like movie toys Or most Animated, but you didn't see me "wishing they'd go away".. Vote with your wallet on what you like, but don't openly wish a line others like would go away...

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Im kinda intrigued for the "gestalt" combiner with the drones..;) 

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :google .

There has been copious amounts of coverage here- it's been frontpaged quite consistently (and with images!) over the past few months.

as for the love/hate for it, i don't mind it so much- my pre-order list at BBTS is quite lengthy and has 2 of these guys, but not any of the appendage sets. am glad i am saving money there, btw.

Smolder and Searchlight are great as stand alones, imo.
    the limb pieces don't appeal to me, but for the price, it is a nice alternative method for army building gestalts and with mix and match parts.
    i give Hasbro credit for offering that.

i hope that they release more commander figs that are as nice as the two i am getting.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure what you're getting at here, Animated and Universe 2.0 ran concurrently for nearly a year.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I hate to use this upcoming term at all, but you're not a "true fan". What kind of TF fan actively WANTS and HOPES that upcoming product will flop? Just doesn't make sense.

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well aren't you a great big ball of sunshine.

Ditto. There've been more than a few news stories, so it's been a bit hard to miss unless you avoid the front page like the plague.

Though I don't like all of the molds, a bunch of them (the aforementioned Smolder looks awesome, the Combaticons, Huffer, to name a few) look pretty nice to me. I look forward to them showing up and am curious where Hasbro will go with this.

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    While I might not buy them (if they even get here), I do like some of them, like the combaticons, and I don't mind the toyline existing. And why would anyone want it to flop? More toys sold means more resources for hasbro to research and make better and more varied toys.

18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

There's always plenty to buy. You can skip 3 Deluxes and instead get one older toy for $30 plus shipping... granted, you're not getting as many toys for the price, but you can get something you like. Or save up a little more and get something like the Fansproject releases. That's what I'm doing now... I have more saved back than usual, and the Bruticus set is looking more and more feasible.

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    They're entirely dependent on how well-received their gimmick is by kids. If they want to snap up all of them to mix and match the limbs Hasbro will have struck gold. I honestly don't expect them to do that well unless it's decided that Bumblebee needs to join the PCC ranks as well - I certainly don't HOPE they fail. I do hope they don't get so overloaded on the pegs that customers and employees stick them on other TF pegs and HftD/Generations figures don't make it to the sales floor.

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Contrary to what some people choose to believe. Hasbro don't just pick ideas out of a hat. They've obviously decided that these have a particular element, or elements, that make them attractive to a certain market.

Think about it, good or bad, Animated is effectively done. Much as i love the movie toys, a lot of them are fairly complex. In fact one member here said he knows of a ten year old who can't even manage Sideswipe.

So, there's an opening for simple TFs, possibly ones with an interchanging parts aspect, somewhat reminiscent of one of the elements in Armada, which although we all rag on it now, was VERY successful.

No, i don't like PCC either.... but i do believe there is potential demand for it there, and that some of those who start with that line will move onto other TFs in time.

Is it desirable for all of us? No. Is it necessary for the line as a whole? Yes.

No! Hasbro should dedicate all their resources to the adult collector.
    Where's that Fortress Maximus reissue they owe me?