The PC Commuinity is Dying

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TheSCATTORSHOT, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep , i dare say it.

The PC Commuinity of TF:WFC is dead.Only 108-141 players online.The Population is dead.Barely is anyone playing mutiplayer.

I can understand that people would want to go due to no chat,dedicated servers,no patches or support

I remember when i first play multiplayer , there were 650 players online(i buyed the game on release date).Now there is barely any.Im played only 1 private match(and i played with a hacker , hackers always send me game invites).

Anyways im banging my head :banghead:  of why the PC version can be dead within two months.

AND IM STILL HOPING FOR PC DLC AND PATCH.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Reason I'm not getting PC is because if I don't have the right requirment mumbo jumbo, the game won't work on my laptop. And then, since I've already opened the game and popped it in, I won't be able to return it. So I'm cheated out of $20. Same happened with me and ROTF. Not gonna bother upgrading, since I got it on the DS.

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I didn't get the PC version because of how screwed we got with ROTF. No support, no way of kicking hackers or choosing which games to join, no dedicated servers, no DLC, etc. I knew PC was going to get screwed over WFC.

And I was right. It really is sad, because I could probably play this game a hell of a lot better on the computer (though I'm doing quite well on the PS3). Real shame, too. But that's pretty much how it is these days.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah...it"s a darn shame. I knew this would happen if I had gone the PC route instead of PS3, just like ROTF.

As it stands, the PC version is only good for the campaign. Fortunately it doesn't cost the same as the console versions (like Splinter Cell:Conviction).

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as I'm sure others have pointed out its the total lack of support. They wanted this to be seen on the same level as other "hard core multiplayer titles" then support it, take care of the glitches and cheats.

6. TheSCATTORSHOT

News Credits:
    Im Sure ROTF is now dead in its Multiplayer componet right?

Im sure it will happen to this.

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Isn't all of the communities going dry?

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    ROTF still has a small amount of players.... And they are not cheaters, and its rather fun at some points....
    Nope, just the games that don't get support....
    See, if pc games get support.... Alot of people will keeping playing...
    As you can tell by some famous pc games known as Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Half Life series, Counter strike series, gmod, so on.... (Which gets patches still)....
    Any game with "Games for Windows" on it, is a game thats going to get no support what so ever.... Well Fallout 3 did but thats about it.
    Call of duty series is still trying to make it up to us on CODMW2 but they know they lost there support from us pc gamers....
    Plus pc will always have the advantage due to the modding of games.....

And btw, I now regret buying the game.... I should of waited when it was only 10 dollers.....
    Time to go back to good games like BF2....
    =-P

9. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

The PC community is too fickle. there are so many multiplayer games on PC that the interest for it dies much quicker. you should go with 360 or Ps3. the community there is alive and strong

10. TheSCATTORSHOT

News Credits:
    Batman: AA got map packs, Cod5 got support , even though it did not use the service. Transformers:ROTF was a PC Port.The developer(Luxoflux) did not originally develop for PC.So beenox had to do a conversion for it.It had Issues(Framerate Issues to be the most..I heard people hated that).People cant expect beenox to give dlc or patch support on something they didnt make and people cant expect luxoflux to give dlc on pc due to they never made it for PC in the first place.Beenox was there to do a conversion , not support it.

And you wanna know whats weird , the PC version was done in HMS , yet they still havent issue a patch. Singularity had a patch and Spider Man : Web of Shadows had a patch and that was a console port.Yet for some reason High Moon Studios has not given any support.And i this is Activisions Problem and HMS problem

Also Beenox was busy with Shattered Dimensions , they were two busy anyway to support "Rotf".

I two of Beenox'es Ports(Spider Man 3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance).They are good at porting games , when you dont rush em.And Rotf was rushed.And for some reason this felt rushed too.No chat And Customozible controls feels they did not have enough time to add stuff to do it.

Looks like WFC is going away and it is both HMS AND ACTIVISIONS FAULT.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    You clearly don't know what your talking about because pc has a bigger community then 360 and PS3 put together....
    Pc is not dieing and will not being dieing...
    360 and PS3 will die like Xbox and PS2....

Yep.... Some ports were treated well.... Some were not and the transformers games were the ones that did not...

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Blame Starcraft II for there being barely any players on :lol 

I figured this would happen too, mainly for the reason stated above and that while the computer gaming community is most likely larger than either the Xbox or PS3 (As MaxLinden stated, and I agree with him mainly because computer gaming has been around long before playstation or xbox were mere brainfarts in the minds of Sony and Microsoft) from what I've learned it's just that games in this type of genre (Third person and first person shooters) tend to attract more console gamers than computer gamers.

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's because this game, from the ground up, is a console-specific release that just happened to have a PC release as well. There will be little to no support for PC versions of these days, and there will be (judging from what has happened thus far in this and the last TF game) no DLCs for the PC version.

Basically, if PC owners have a 360 or PS3, there's no point in getting a PC version because there's going to be less players onine and no support.

The industry is unfortunately abandoning the PC, besides a few developers like Blizzard, Firaxis and EA's Sims team.

Don't be a snob.

As a PC gamer, I freely acknowledge that the PC gaming market is in trouble, besides the few exceptions such as Blizzard's WoW and Starscraft franchises and EA's Sims franchise. Most major games these days are developed specifically for the 360 or the PS3, with the PC on the side, assuming it gets a release at the same time as the major console release.

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, the PC certainly has its place among gaming, but... seriously? Seriously?

Go to any store that sells games and check out how big the sections are for ANY of the current console systems compared to the PC. And the PC's section keeps getting smaller and smaller, I remember when they occupied a whole aisle and now they just occupy a few racks at the local Wal-Mart.

15. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

I think a lot of PC gamers are waiting for a sale on Steam or other sites. You will definitely see an uptick then. Few PC games are worth $40 to buy on first-day anymore.

Also with Starcraft 2 out, PC gamers (especially those interested in multiplayer) are focused on that title.

I agree with the console port/lack of support comments. I have been burned by poor console ports. I tend to buy console ports on disk so that I can trade them on Goozex. Anything else I buy on Steam.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not surprised with the hack cheat that was made for it, i wouldn't play it either

17. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Buy an xbox 360/ps3 and call it a day.

18. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

No PS3 yet, so I went to Amazon and dropped 20 bucks for the PC version. Frankly, I'm most interested in the campaign anyway, so it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem with it.

Just to be safe, this sucker work with a joystick? If I don't have to worry about other human players I like shooters on PC with a joystick.

- Coeloptera

19. Kranix

Kranix Banned

thats because pc gamers buy their games digitally, we dont need no stinking disk. pc gaming is not dying, some companies have shitty support yes. all you console fanboys are going to eat your shorts when you realize my video card is more powerful then both your systems put together. developers are realizing this that these 5 yr old consoles are now generations behind pc and will be for another 5 yrs. pc has had a lull yes, but as an industry insider myself i know for a fact pc is making a comeback as a major gaming contender. also if you notice pc makers are suddenly pumping out many types of gaming machines.

so console fanboys, get your head out of your butts and realize your days of being tied to limited gaming systems, with their limited and stuck horsepower are over.

heres further proof from a credible site: The Escapist : News : id Software: PC Gaming "Not Dead, But Different"

20. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still play on pc cause all my vent friends are there.
    Yes, waiting for games sometimes takes a bit.
    Yes, we abandon games when we spot any type of hacks.
    Yes, it sucks knowing that console (I own both ps3/360 also) has patches & dlc when we haven't got anything YET.

But I wouldn't trade my friends over 5000 xbl or psn players anyday. I'm not saying all those console players are garbage, I'm sure there's many talented ones out there, but I know my friends, and I know how we work together. We're a rock solid team together and I have no intention to rebuild that atm. No matter what bs we have to go through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.