The Oversights/Continuity Errors Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Poho, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    This isn't film bashing, i LOVE the movie. I just thought it'd be a good idea to have all of these things that are presently being discussed across a billion threads all brought into one...

so here's what i've noticed, and every time soneone points out another one I'll add it to this list. and yes, some of these were from imdb. SOME.

-Barricade and Scorponok disappear without explanation.

-Ironhide's slow motion missile dodging/assault is clipped in two for some reason.

-The amount of donuts remaining on Glen's plate during interrogation changes many times.

-When the Air Force Soldiers are on the V-22, Epps is wearing a pair of Oakley Monster Dog sunglasses on his head for the first minute or so. When it flashes back to him during conversation, they are gone.

-When Sam arrives at the party, the camera crane can be briefly seen as a shadow.

-Sam and Mikaela are standing with Bumblebee after his legs get blown off, then it cuts to Sam running away, then it cuts back to Sam sitting in front of Bumblebee saying "I'm not gonna leave you."

-When Sam and Mikaela are in the '74 Camaro, there are insert shots of the odometer and gages/dashboard which are actually from the new Camaro. Also, the windows change between tinted and untinted.

-During the first ride that Mikaela takes in Sam's car, both windows are obviously down during their conversation. Yet, neither one has any wind blowing on them. Their hair never moves.

-When Mikaela walks away after trying to fix Sam's engine, the passenger door is open while he is tying to start the car. When the car starts and he gets out to slam the hood, the passenger door is suddenly closed.

-In the beginning, during the Qatar scenes, you can see mountains in the background. The country of Qatar has no mountains and the highest elevation is 295 feet above sea level.

-After Sam is chased by the dogs, and his car is circling him, he yells "Take the stupid keys", but his mouth is not in sync; possibly saying something else.

-When in the air, Air Force One is a 747. On the ground, however, it is suddenly a KC-135 painted to look like Air Force One. You can see the refueling boom when Barricade pulls up.

-The final battle takes place in the fictional "Mission City", but clear shots of the easily recognizable LA skyline are shown throughout.

-When they go to the lake party a cameraman is visible in Mikaela's boyfriend's truck's mirror.

-When the Pentagon sends a Predator drone to provide footage of the Rangers' battle with Scorponok, it is actually an RQ4 Global Hawk. Predators have propellers, not jet engines.

-When Bonecrusher tackles Optimus Prime, they are at ground level on a multi-lane freeway, yet they go flying off a two lane bridge/causeway.

-After all landlines and cell phones are to be shutdown, people in the background of the fight scene in the city are seen using their cellphones.

-Mikaela's nail polish appears and disappears.

-The taxi Maggie flags to take her to Glen's is different from the one she arrives in.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I thought one oversight seems to be really noticeable in the city battle scenes.

Loads of people in the backgrounds are just casually strolling around, or just standing around, oblivious to the giant robots and military forces duking it out around them.
    Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but if there was several large mean-looking robots rampaging round the city, I sure as hell wouldnt be stopping for a quick chat with the guy who lives over the street.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Most of those are little tiny things that happen in all films. Mission City isn't really an error, they just whent with a fictional name for the city that they battle happens in. That and Scorponok and Barricade disapearing withought explanation could be something that they are saving for the sequel, and want to leave us haning for the time being.

4. Poho

News Credits:
    good point, edit'd.

5. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    scorponok maybe, and while barricade could be explored in a sequel it seems that wasn't the original intent, so it seems error-ish cause of the editing. you expect to see barricade but then you don't. if it was 'hey, lets use him later and not show his death' and then they cut it out, it would have been nice to show a barricade escapes scene, similar to starscream.

6. Poho

News Credits:
    yeah really, as opposed to just leaving us hanging. they should have either showed him getting ripped apart by prime, not brought him back after the fight between him and BB, or shown him escaping.

7. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive got one. in the scene where the autobots are crashing on earth. one bot ( i think prime) lands prety close to sam and megan fox. first you see the 4 asteroids fly over their heads but in a few shot later is shows sam and megan walking up to where it had freshly crashed. only problem with this is they are on the wrong side of the crash. unless they ran all the way around to the front of the impact, then decided to look amazed at what they saw.

8. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Just curious, how many of these continuity/error/storyline mess up threads are we going to see? I realize there's a lot of screw ups in the movie but we really don't need a new thread started about it every week.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like an ass but search the forums before starting the same discussions over and over. You realize a bunch have already been started so just add to them.

EDIT: and, c'mon, you expect any layman to know diesel doesn't explode or certain aircraft shouldn't have propellars? It's called "using for effect" and it's not really a mess up in my book. You really think the computer operating systems shown in movies like "Ocean's 11", "The Net", and "The Matrix" movies really exist? Of course not. It's making things easy to understand a bit more dramatic. Suspend belief...it's a movie, just enjoy it for the entertainment value instead of nitpicking every little detail. Sorry, just my two cents.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  9. Poho

News Credits:
    i just thought instead of having a whole crapload of threads that start with one person complaining about one thing, we could just have them all in the same place. they're worth a laugh, if nothing else.

10. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I agree, they are entertaining, but several have already tried the "let's start an official thread about this" thing and it's not working. So maybe if we just add our comments to one already in existence it'll stop the new ones from starting.

Eventually the mods will just lock these up so it's kinda pointless to give them that extra work when we can just find a past one and add to it.

Again, not trying to be an ass here. I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    From what I've heard about deleted scenes:

Barricade was originally going to fight Prime on the Highway with Bonecrusher.
    There was going to be a longer fight sequence that would explain Prime and Bonecrusher suddenly appearing at the highway overpass.
    Barricade would have been defeated by having Prime slam a wrecking ball into him.
    This was cut in favor of having Barricade return for the sequel.

Prime appears so late in Mission City because of this^.
    The battle delayed him and that is why he arrives late.

Barricade was also slated to appear at the film's end with Frenzy finding him and getting back into his car-mode like he did in the beginning at Air Force One.

Starscream and Megatron had more lines between each other.

The BumbleBee/Barricade chase scene was much longer.
    This is why it suddenly turns to night time during their battle.

Prime supposedly had more hits in on Megatron.
    In the final cut, I think he only got 1 hit in by deflecting Megatron's cannon with his blaster.

Here's hoping for DVD extras!

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:

There are probably going to be as many "Errors" topics as they are the following:

1. Arcee in the sequel and the great Female Transformer Debate
    2. Barricade and Sporponok's fate
    3. Starscream shooting Megatron in Mission City
    4. Bonecrusher's fate
    5. Sequel Speculation and Character support threads
    6. Pro and Con Michael Bay topics
    7. Questions about Steve Jablonsky's score for the movie and its pending release.
    8. Starscream's last words as he escapes Earth
    9. The Mountain Dew Transformers fate
    10. Pro and Con "Bayformers" topics
    11. Replacing Michael Bay as Director Topics
    12. Pro and Con Megan Fox Topics
    13. Discussing the Hottness of Megan Fox Topics:
    . Dicussing the terrible-ness of Megan Fox's Acting skills (only seen one so far)
    . How much Money Transformers is or has made in the theaters

14. "It wasn't Ironhide in the pool, that was Prime!"
    15. Ironhide's emergance from the pool.

(The only thread I haven't seen or found in a search past 25 pages, is a topic for Shia LaBeouf!)

The List goes on and on, mostly because people dread the ideal of searching over a hundred and twenty-two minus pages of topics searching for a thread that concerns a question or subject they wish to discuss. Or then most are created (like my "Error/Mistake" thread) in some ill-fated way to avoid so many threads created about a subject that's already being discussed, but that even seems to work in the opposite desire than the original intent. Me, I honestly don't care about errors in this movie at all (kinda wish people would stop pointing them out). The only reason I know there are errors beyond "Sam's shirt issue" is because members point them out and I'm curious enough to skim through the responses like the cat I am. Naturally, you can always request an Admin to remove the unwanted threads.

Also, this was not intended to insult postee or anyone else for that matter. Just thought I'd point out the obvious.

13. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Starscraem Bombed Megatron!

14. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Maybe I'm the only one who caught this, but I even made a comment to the person I was with in the theater:

When she's working on Bumble Bee's engine it can be clearly seen on the motor that it has an injection setup, but she claims it is a double pumper carbeurater.

15. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

I never noticed that!

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    People, the last mistakes thread is on page 2 of this subforum. Just because its not immediately visible doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

17. Poho

News Credits:
    oops! didnt even notice that. my bad.

18. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

bugmenot

Sorry but I caught and posted that double pumper/fuel injection blunder before the movie opened.

19. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Glad I'm not the only one. It's impossible for me to watch any movies that feature cars and not find these silly mistakes.