The (Other) Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Sep 23, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Real Ghostbusters FTW. Filmmation Ghostbusters is a vicious lie, no such thing exists.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i remember watching this. i was like, gorilla riding a jalopy wtf?

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to watch the hell out of both Ghostbuster cartoons and loved them both equally.

I thought it was amusing that I watched the show a ton as a kid and never saw the movie until I was quite a bit older, then I was confused why Slimer was a bad guy. :D 

4. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I never actually saw The Real Ghostbusters as a kid. But even then, I knew that Filmation Ghostbusters was something totally different so I enjoyed it with it's own merits.

The villain looks pretty cool, too bad he's too much of a dork. Haunter's my favorite, though.

Because Sony sucks.

Okay, sure TRGB is 130 episodes altogether, but it didn't stop He-Man, did it?

Quiet, you!

5. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

in some ways i loved this version of the ghostbusters. my issues with the real ghostbusters other then them changing the name was that i keep remembering it as slimer and the real ghostbusters.

but by that time i was more into watching the ALF cartoon.

6. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never seen this, the theme was pretty catchy though, I probably would have liked it in the eighties....any body miss the ghost buster's cereal? MAN I wish they still made it!

Now all they have is crappy watered down cereals, and even the old ones like trix and lucky charms..etc, dont really taste the same

7. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I never liked Filmations Ghost Busters as a kid, but I never really gave it a chance back then. I'm somewhat interested in watching it now, but not all that motivated.

As for the Real Ghostbusters sucking after season 2...that's primarily true. A few really good gems managed to make it through after JMS left and season 4 was almost all good episodes (though it was one of the shrotest seasons). When JMS came back toward the end of the series it was kind of too little, too late. He had a few interesting ideas about repairing continuity ("Janine, You've Changed"), but the show had pretty much run its course and needed to end.

I love the Real Ghostbusters and it's still my favorite incarnation of the team. However, there were several things about it that could've been changed for the better.

8. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    We never got TRGB over here when I was a kid. We did, however, get the comics. Same deal with Transformers, really.

And I think they should release the series properly on DVD already. I only saw the two episodes that were on the 'Deluxe Edition' DVD of the movies and hated them both. Problem with the 'best of' compilations is that they're nearly always someone ELSE's concept of 'best of'.

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I remember the Janine ep. I always liked that one. One of the few later season eps that were good. It only took them HOW long to realise her voice changed and she lost the accent? :) 

There was also Extreme Ghostbusters, of whom I'm apparently one of the 10 people on earth who actually liked it. :)  It had a lot of the same humor, but was significantly darker.

*sigh* I'd HURT people to get a DVD release of both these shows.

10. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I remember one day I was home sick or something, turned on TV, and was delighted to hear the announcer dude say "Stay tuned for Ghostbusters, coming up next!" All right, I thought, double dose of the boys in grey today as they usually came on at 4pm. Then I saw the gorilla and jalopy and was all....WTF? I think I threw a shoe at the TV (kidding) :D .

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    That leaves 8 more, because I liked Extreme Ghostbusters too.

Though looking back at it, I can kinda see why some people called it The Politically Correct Ghostbusters...

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The first two seasons of the Real Ghostbusters was awesome, I never understood why they changed the art stlye, ruined it for me. Never cared for filmation's though.

One thing I thought was funny was that Peter in the Real Ghostbusters was voiced by Lorenzo Music who did Garfield in the animated series and TV movies, then Bill Murray played Garfield in the movies. I just didn't think they sounded that similar, maybe it's just me.

13. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I liked the Filmation Ghostbusters.

But the live-action show paled in comparison to the old Monster Squad show..

And here's the intro to the original Ghostbusters.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow, I never realized the Ghostbusters name went back all the way into the 70s.

15. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Yeah, those SNL guys were probably watching it stoned, woke up the next day and said 'Hey! I've got a great idea!'

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I never knew that. 80's style whoops that show. The credits said the gorilla was trained, I can't tell from the youtube quality vid but. That wasn't a real gorilla was it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    o_O 

:lolol 

youre kidding right?

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I call #7. I loved Extreme Ghostbusters. Loved it when they brought the old guys back for that one episode. Cool shit.

:throw 

EDIT: Let's continue to not answer that question. It's kind of funny this way. Tee hee!

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Skeletor + Hordak - awesomeness = Prime Evil

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Why would I be kidding, gorillas are well known for their acting abilities. Look at the gorilla in the movie Congo.