Heavy/Scratch: The other Classics Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Dec 12, 2008.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Literally, the first custom Transformer I'm doing. So I'm going to need tips and help like a mofo. And thanks to crosscharge for the initial idea.

But yeah, thought I'd start off with an Arcee. Because there was never even a G1 figure of her and odds are we won't be seeing a Classics/Universe one anytime soon, if at all.

So...

6:54pm 012909

One Animated Blurr and Dremel later...

First time I've touched this in a while. Pretty good idea of how things will end up. Still have some work to do:

- gluing in the ball joints that're going to be holding those quarterpanels in place on top of cutting the tips of those down and capping them off with something.

- cutting down those knee-guard things as well as making room for the feet by cutting down the backs of the knees.

- gluing on her butt panels.

- losing the Mirage/Fracture head and putting on the femme'd out Bluestreak head.

- cutting the spoiler parts in half and gluing them on top of each other to create a bumper. I've already cut away the socket end so that it'll swivel back that way. They'll become the ankle guard thing in bot-mode.

- replacing all the wheels with Bluestreak's.

Oh, and doing something to give the car more of a hood probably with the Blurr hood. Which is going to be tough.

Comments, questions, and suggestions more than welcome.

Attached Files:

2. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    pretty interesting!

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Very interesting concept. I totally agree about taking those front wheels and creating covers for them to increase the wheel base in front, kind of taking queues from G1 Arcees sides and making long quarter panels.

Looks like you're definitely on the right track. Cant wait to see the finished product! Good luck!

4. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    Good luck with this man.

Coincidentally, the first bash I ever did was making an Arcee from Cybertron Clocker.

Sadly, it lays unfinished in a horrible state of dissarray...

5. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Since the thighs are unseen in vehicle mode, I would round 'em a bit for some simple "curves." Otherwise looks great so far.

6. QmTablit

I was thinking that as well. I'm going to be adding some to give her, well- "some ass" also. Maybe ripping those skirt flaps off, reshaping them, and gluing them onto the back of the thighs.

Also, I changed my mind. I'm not going into her legs to alter her height, I'm going to cut a good bit off from the waist piece. Which also means shortening the nose of the car, but that's okay.

Thinking of swapping wheels with Bluestreak too.

Hopefully I've got the time tomorrow to draw all this out.

7. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too was thinking about using this mould as a base for Arcee, but then I look for Arcee possibilities in all new Transformers. I didn't put as much effort in as you but the one idea I had was to flip the legs so that the hip socket would be used as an ankle. Lots of work and I cant say it would work but I was reminded of it while reading.

8. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Looking good so far! I to wanted to mess around with her height, but for everything I wanted to change just a little, ended up having to mess around with everything else. Im more into a simplified way of bashing, whether its me being new to this art, or just being lazy Im fine with it. Alot of your ideas seem really cool and I hope to see you pull them off with out a hitch. Good luck with it and I hope you can work on yours faster than I am getting to mine!

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    hope to see it complete soon Kusangi

10. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still workin on this? Sounds cool!

11. QmTablit

It's sitting here right in front of me, I've just been taking a bit of a break for the holidays.

I've got a (now) junker Bluestreak here in pieces as well. Just need to lose the pins on the wheels (probably going to be the hardest part of the whole thing) to switch them with one another. Mod and swap the head and feet, and I think with a little tweaking, use Bluestreak's quarterpanels and windshield/roof for Arcee's quarterpanels.

Still a lot of work in front of me. I just want to keep my patience and all, especially being my first TF bash, I kind of want to do this right.

12. QmTablit

Added a few pictures as I've been sitting home at night lately doing little bits.

13. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Hey man let me know if you wanna sell the junker Silverstreak cuz I'm in need of his elbow to hand pieces and his crotch piece but I'd take the whole thing off your hands even if you take his feet and wheels off

One thing with your custom though, I think painting red lipstick on might prove to be a bit of a challenge unless you are a master painter. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the project

14. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

I've got little experience with kitbashing but I reckon Thunderblast's legs would look good

15. QmTablit

They look good as legs, but they'd do little or nothing for the alt-mode.
    Sorry, I was planning on using much of what's left for my Devastator, including the elbows.
    Thanks. I'm already assuming that no matter how hard I try, the "lipstick" is just going to end up as a red line over her mouth anyways. Hah

16. QmTablit

6:54pm 012909

One Animated Blurr and Dremel later...

First time I've touched this in a while. Pretty good idea of how things will end up. Still have some work to do:

- gluing in the ball joints that're going to be holding those quarterpanels in place on top of cutting the tips of those down and capping them off with something.

- cutting down those knee-guard things as well as making room for the feet by cutting down the backs of the knees.

- gluing on her butt panels.

- losing the Mirage/Fracture head and putting on the femme'd out Bluestreak head.

- cutting the spoiler parts in half and gluing them on top of each other to create a bumper. I've already cut away the socket end so that it'll swivel back that way. They'll become the ankle guard thing in bot-mode.

Oh, and doing something to give the car more of a hood probably with the Blurr hood. Which is going to be tough.

Comments, questions, and suggestions more than welcome.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    You sunofabitch! :wink: That's just awesome! I haven't even found a TFA Blurr for my collection yet, let alone multiples for 'bashing! And this Arcee looks to be aces man, total aces! :thumb 

18. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    WOW! its really taking shape!
    looking alot like Arcee in Vehical mode!
    and nice use of t he Ani. Blurr vehical shell!
    cant wait till she is complete, n hopefully after you'll start the Overlord, soo i can get some pointers from it!

19. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool and creative.

20. QmTablit

That's actually the only Blurr I own, I don't collect Animated. I bought it solely for Arcee parts.
    I might be doing one more before I get started on Overlord, but it shouldn't be too far off. The next one I have planned is pretty easy, mostly painting.
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really appreciate it. Didn't think I'd get much notice for my first bash, especially with all the things other people here have been putting up (and in much quicker fashion than I've been doing so far).