The Original

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roddimus Prime, May 23, 2006.

1. Roddimus Prime

Roddimus Prime Destined For Greatness

I think Its great they are doing a live action Transformers movie, I may not know much about nethin but i do know Transformers. I believe that if they want to change characters they shouldn't even make the movie the g1 transformers are wot ppl know, they have alredy tried to change and replace them which i believe was unsuccessful so if ne1 makin the movie would listen to me i think stick with the original and i will be sweet stay true to the original sure different stories are great aslong as the characters are as we know the i mean bumblebee as a camaro megatron a tank who makes up this stuff and every1 knows devestator and the constructicons so i think stick with that and ur on a winner

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Define "unsuccessful". I mean, the only series I think was unsuccessful was Beast Machines and even that has people whom love it... few and far between they may be... but to say that every update has been unsuccessful... sorry no. If they had been unsuccessful than we wouldn't even be hear talking about the movie.

Each of the current series have survived on their own merits as will this movie. I figure we're getting something along the lines of G1, but at the same time it's going to be it's own universe. See, that's what I think some people aren't getting. They hear G1 and than they automatically think we're getting a rehash of MTMTE Pts1-3 in a big theatrical version or something that picks up at the end of the cartoon or comics. Again, sorry, but no. This will be an updated G1 and will probably have some new stuff put into it too.

Oh, well. I suppose no matter what happens fans are going to complain about this movie so I should just get over it and accept it. ...oi...

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Speak normal please.

Thanks.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This is really looking all too familiar, hey LO.

I just commented on another posters 'thread' that, like this one, only serves to bash the new set of Transformers saying they are not as good as the original.

Boring....

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

*Pic Removed*

Per request of staff

Roddimus Prime;I apologize :) 

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I hope I don't see that pic again, that is one ugly baby face right there :lol 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Anyone else think that looks like a baby George Forman? :lol 

We need a page that lists repeated topics that new members are forced to read before they start posting...Dancing Soundwave....Transforming Citoren ...New Movie not a direct retelling of G1+ No gun Megatron+ Bernie Mac=Sh!t...

8. Raz

Raz Flamethrower TFW2005 Supporter

Then be patient and see what comes out of it before saying it's going to suck.

Did you know the Original movie made only 5,849,647 (Imdb) and was considered a commercial flop? Did you also know that nethin is actually not how you spell nothing?

I agree. However, without change the fandom is dead, the toys are dead, and the brand is dead.

Disclaimer- All of course IMO.

9. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

First of all, be it Beast Wars, RID, or Beast Machines, all of these series piggy-backed on the G1 product. The most compelling charactors, storylines, and conflicts are G1 based. Despite all of that, the fact remains that the movie is set as a G1 flick; so it only makes since that the movie make proper use of the G1 line. (I hate the term G1. The truth is the so called G1 is simply the origal transformers, everything else strung up as a ploy to sell more toys.) Devestator CANNOT be a robot not related to the Constructicons; it's just wrong. Megatron and Soundwave on the other hand can have different transformations. It makes no since having them transform into a gun and a boom box respectively. Adding charactors to this movie is like giving Superman a sidekick. Don't do it.

10. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Maybe one of the mods should sticky a couple of threads on these subjects that everybody seems to keep coming back to over and over again.
    I think we have firmly established that
    a) some people do not want anything to change at all;
    b) nobody seems to agree on exactly G1 is or should be; and
    c) no matter what is done its going to piss some people off.
    Personally, I'm getting a bit bored with it all. Lets just have one thread where people can vent all they want about this stuff, and leave some space on the boards for other topics of discussion.
    For instance, how much gratuitous nudity should there be in the film? IMO, considering the female cast members we have seen so far, Id say A LOT!!!

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very true. I think we're going to see alot of this in the future to be honest. I keep telling myself that I just shouldn't click on some threads, but I can't seem to control my finger! :D 

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...wow...

I think he needs a diaper change...

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Okay guys.

A new poster comes to this forum, makes a post about his feelings, and the first thing he's greeted with is an insult, followed by Shaun_C's little picture (which serves as flamebaiting, so I'd recommend not using it), and tons of responses to it.

This has to stop guys. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them, and they all stink. That being said, if you're going to insult someone for their opinion, insult them because they don't type with the most correct use of grammar and punctuation, or just because you think it's a good time to use a picture, you're going to have to choke up the consequences.

14. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Don't use it again.

15. Shaun_C

No prob S_M :) 

I removed the pic from my photobucket account.Although oddly enough can still see the pic in the quoted posts

And I pm'ed an apologoy to the original poster.

So if he logs on in the future,he'll see it

16. Roddimus Prime

i'll be patient and see i ain't sayin it will suck i just think that the original characters are icons that the fans are looking for thats and it was meant as any thing not nothin here N E Thing ya c

17. Shaun_C

Okay Roddy

First off,what you have to remember is that this isn't a movie JUST for the fans.And I don't believe all fans want a G1 movie anyway.The fans may recognize 'em,but the fanbase alone isn't enough to support this franchise

Second I'm not sure if english is your second language or not.So if it isn't then disregard.

But the part I bolded is incomprehensible as it doesn't seem to make sense.In the future can you be more careful with your spelling.As it REALLY help get you message across :) 

18. Roddimus Prime

yeah i suppose so but im just going on the longjevity of the original transformers and the movie is kind of based on the originalso thats y i said it i mean they out lasted all the others and if they do change it it should be like they did in beast wars then a variety of fans will be happy:Gouki: 

19. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

The movie should be based on Peteynorth's Transforms 2.0 series. It's awesome because it does justice to G1 and leaves room for further develpoments (such as Beast Wars, G2, etc.) in sequels.

Anything that does not give a firm nob to the G1 continuity is destined to fail.

20. Roddimus Prime

finally some one agrees i mean the transformers can not just appear from no where when they have so much history and beast wars used it with great reaction and i believe they were the next step in thetransformers where as in armada they were 30 foot tall and always in hiding. But introduction of new characters is no problem but when u are changing the old ones thats wrong. Even if u have old ones and introduce new 1's thats fine with me I just Think if it ain't broke don't fix it