The only thng that made me dislike transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Jul 14, 2009.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well gee whiz.

I wonder where he gets this idea...

2. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Ya know... I sometimes feel the same way-

except that it isn't the G1 fans- it's the movie die-hards and the hardcore animated element.

3. newguy

newguy i

I hate you too;) 

4. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Gotta love hate.

5. Wolf Boy

Wolf Boy Ghost of Impactor

Wow .... I hate to be the jerk here, but really .................. grow up.

I've had rough bouts with fans also. However, I've also made really good friends in online fandom and some of those friends carried over into real life. All social settings can be rough. It's life. Stand up, brush the dust off and keep plowing ahead.

I survived church youth groups as a teenager, LOL. TF fandom is NOTHING compared to religious enviroments. Every teenager should go to church, just for the brutal hazing and cliques. Just be thankful G1 isn't a religion. Imagine if loving Beast Wars was an unpardonable sin? :D 

But to be fair, those church groups had some good people in them also. I met my best friend in a college ministry back in 2005 and we're still tight. The key to surviving a social enviroment (IRL or online) is to avoid conflicts and ignore the jerks. Because there are jerks everywhere.

If the OP poster really wants to make friends in the fandom, I'll gladly make a new friend. But I do suspect that this was just a fan-bashing post. And honestly ... fan bashing is WORSE than being a Geewunnn Purist. Purists are bashing later incarnations of a fictional franchise, but fan-haters are bashing flesh-and-blood human beings. Hating anyone his inexcusable.

6. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Like others have said, if you like something like it because YOU like it, don't let others ruin it for you. Im not giving up TF just because Bay made a bad movie or someone is complaining about it. If you give up because of other people, the only one to blame is you.

7. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes it is.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

The irony of your agreement with the OP, is that most of your complaints about the movie (from what I've seen in your posts) is that the movie isn't G1 enough. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. However, he's explicitly laying most of the blame for all this "hating" on people like you. So you can agree with him, but you're part of the problem in his eyes.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Welcome to human nature, sunshine, the cold harsh light of reality feels more like a SCUD Missile up the arse sometimes, doesn't it.

I suggest you either get used to it, or begin planning on starting the next social and cultural renaissance of mankind.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That and look at your live action friends. Do you only have people around you that agree with you 100% of the time. If you do then I fear you have a rather dull life.

Disagreement is not a bad thing, some of the best posts that I have read have been by people who I strongly disagree with but who I greatly respect because they are civil in how they disagree with others. Plus it's refreshing to get a perspective that that is not always your own.

Sure there are bad people on both sides and even in the middle. So you can either throw up your hands and walk away or you can join the fit to make Transformers a more civilized fandom where people can debate without anyone having to be the "bad guy" for their view.

11. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Hmm...sorry but I think that a...specific, recently introduced, world wide phenomenon in the form of a poorly written, sappy, teen angst romance novel's got the TF fans beaten in terms of "psychotic hardcore fans"

Look I admit sometimes a fandom can be hard to bear at times, mainly because of opinions and that but it's in a twisted sort of way like "family", ya can't live with 'em and ya can't live without them.

If you enjoy the Transformers and their incarnations then fine but realise that not everybody's gonna have the same opinion as you and making up these kinds of threads is not gonna help matters or make "people see the light," sorry but the world doesn't work that way.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

What sarcasm? That was a totally straight response to what you said. You don't like Transformers fans. Fine. But what are you hoping to achieve by posting this on a Transformers fansite? I don't like football, but I have more sense than to walk into a pub showing a world cup match and shout "all football supporters are wankers!" I'm not a religous person, but I don't walk into churches and pick arguments with worshippers. Etc, etc, etc. You've chosen to air this view in the one place where it makes you look like a prat. By all means, bitch to your friends about Transformers fans. Moan about us on GI Joe forums, Hotwheels collectors chatrooms, or Batman bulletin boards. But doing it here makes you the jerk.

13. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I doubt you would get thrown through a window at botcon though lol..

14. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

i have a feeling this thread will get locked soon

15. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Well I hope not, this has been a hilarious thread to come and read

16. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

you said:

Optimus Sledge View Post
    So why post here? If we're all such a bunch of jerks, why don't you... well, not post here? Take your enlightened ways and share them with those who will truly appreciate you. I can't imagine who that would be, but I guess you could always start your own cult.

Because I like Transformers and I have every right to talk about what I like. I and everyone else also has the right to not be slammed, flamed, insulted for our viewpoints either. I have every right to ask why something is liked, why something is not and every right to voice my opinion on it. If ALL of us could learn to voice our opinions without the personal jabs and sarcasm I know things would be a lot different and nicer throughout this entire fandom.

Very true, but now what right do some of the fans have to call those that don't agree with something /all of them/ Geewunners?

Because this particular fan (me) does not like the movies and isnt afraid to say so and why. And again, you have insulted me. I have every right to say I don't like it and why. I have not given a comeback to what I view as a snide remark. Why did you feel you had to put that last sentence in?

Well, I'm not that into GI Joe, I prefer real cars over HotWheels and won't touch a Batman board. But I am an [electric] bass player and a member of the largest bass player forum on the internet. Out of over 100,000+ of us registered you can be sure there are TF fans there.... and on several occasions myself (Starscream) a Skywarp, an Optimus Prime and a Dirge, other TF ID member plus other members who choose not to have TF IDs, have had a rib snorting good time really talking about this fandom openly and freely. Its quite refreshing cause we don't have to constantly look over our shoulders for the 'fanboys' to come marching in on it... take that for what you will. ;)  Its also very nice to see true unbiased comments about the movie series by non fans there, causal fans and full fans (of TFs).

And no, I'm hoping this thread doesnt get locked. I think its time this issue be aired and settled by both sides. The original poster of this thread had the courage to say something about it and I applaud them for it. I think its something many of us have wanted to say but havent.

If this fandom, even if just on this board, could put the natural hatred it seems everyone has for each other to the side and civilly discuss matters and put it aside, this particular board would shine above the rest and be the best board out there for Transformers. Yea, wishful thinking, right?

17. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I know this comes late so far into topic, but no one should let another person have a negative impact on their hobby. Period. This is one subject I could go on & on about, our fellow fans give us plenty of material & experience to cover, but this late to the game there's really no point.

Enjoy what you enjoy, ignore anything that gets in the way of that if you need, defend against anything that would try and get in the way of that if you so feel inclined. And not just for Transformers, for anything. :) 

18. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm gonna stick to the non-bitchy and nice approach to this.

FanimusMaximus:

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, like it or not. Just because there are people out there who can nitpick every imperfection with the franchise (as annoying as that is), doesn't mean that it's ruined for yourself.

Obviously, you let other people's opinions get to you and influence your thoughts. Their opinions are neither greater nor lesser than yours. You like Transformers for the reasons you do, so be it. But you have to respect other people's opinions as well (it won't end well otherwise).

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    couldn't have said it better myself. If you are going to be on here, be fair warned, most posters on here don't like anything.

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Fans are ruining the hobby for me, too. The ones that are convinced RotF is a good film.

I was born in 1979, but I don't wear the G1 blinders. I love G1, Japanese G1, Beast Wars, Car Robots/RiD, Animated, I kinda like Cybertron, I liked the 2007 movie. I just hated RotF because it was a terribly made movie that paid too much attention to humans and had poor representations of some Transformers I like.

And all I run into now are 12 year olds yelling "GEEWUNNER!! HATER OMG LOLS YUO AER SCUH A HATARR!!!!". If I was the kind of fan you guys think, I wouldn't like anything post season 2, so that would be 1986 onward. Not many "Geewunners" love Star Saber and Fire Convoy. I do. I just like WELL MADE MOVIES.

I'm not backing down from my argument, and I will continue to love Transformers. But you cinematic tadpoles who think RotF is The Empire Strikes Back, The Godfather and Citizen Kane all rolled into one are deluded. I hope you grow up and appreciate real cinema some day.

And if you simply enjoyed RotF for being a fun movie, and aren't convinced that its an Oscar worthy classic, than disregard.

P.S.
    Hate Megan Fox.