The online issues are annoying the heck out of me

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so tired of a host quitting and then losing xp. I'm so tired of not being able to get into a TDM. Seriously, what is going on? HM nor Activision have said anything about the issue. Online is just about unplayable at this point. How the heck am I supposed to level up my classes when I can barely get any matches? My connection is great for other games but this game is always a struggle. Either it times out or there is massive lag.

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I hear ya, man. Sometimes, I can get a game going, no problem at all. Other times, there's horrible lag, the host quits, I lose connection to the host, or some other crap.

3. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I've been lucky to manage to avoid most host quitting games. After the game sure, but very rarely an in-game host quit or lost connection. What I am annoyed at though... is the countdown time before matches! Too much time! LOL! Cut it down by 15 seconds or so, geez!

The lag is annoying though! Nothing like fighting teleporting Scientists! Damn you Skywarp!

4. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? Host quitting does not lose your XP.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I've notices that when the host quits in the matches I've been in, my PS3 is saves to hdd and I manage to keep my points.

6. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    He's (the TC) complaining about not being able to get a match or stay in a match long enough to get XP, not that it isn't saving for him, just to clarify ;) 

7. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    I stopped attempting to play multiplayer. I rarely get a stable connection with no lag. And that's provided I connect at all. Until this is addressed, I'll spend my time replaying the solo campaign.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    If you'll ever up for co-op let me know. I love the single player mode.

9. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Would co-op be any more stable? If so, then I'm up for it. I'm replaying on "Hard" mode and could always use some help. Next time I see you online, I'll send you an invite.

10. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah co-op and escalation are the only modes I don't have issues with. Hope I didn't jinx it lol. Somebody on gamefaqs posted this link to help. It's how to put your ps3 in a DMZ. Not sure if I want to mess with that stuff

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

11. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was playing escalation mode and pour team got to like wave 10 or so ...as soon as the host goes down, hes wanst even dead, he quit. Til that point we were totally destroying everything. It was really irritating.

12. Furious Rodimus

Furious Rodimus Matrix Bearer

I had a couple of games last night where I got no XP in two games that did complete. So that was pretty frustrating b/c one of them was a good game for me.

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've been there done that... I'm not playing it until a patch comes out and they fix the servers. Right now it's a waste of time when I have a game that works perfectly for me. (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

On the 360 I haven't really been having any issues, about 90% of my games are lag and douchebag-host free.

15. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think I've got a pretty good connection. But I barely can get through two games or so of multiplayer without a host quitting (whether after or even during the damn game) or my connection timing out. I love palying the multiplayer and would like to play with some of you guys online but damn if it isn't annoying sometimes.

16. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Honestly, I find it varies day to day. Some days I can't get in any games. Next day I can rock through 20 games with no issue. I have more of a problem with the game not being pickier about who host.

17. Mr. Turret

Mr. Turret New Member

The game is great and all but sometimes I have to host a game and it gets laggy, the War for Cybertron server is sometimes up, and my game keeps freezing up when I get in a game.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

And I was going to get XBL Gold back up to play online. Damn. I hope there's a patch coming out to fix all of this.

19. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

The only online issues i'm having is the annoying Escalation host quit scenario. Especially people without mics that do that. wave 12+ everyone's in the zone and bam the load screen comes up outta the blue saying "the host has quit" so all the time you spent mowing down Autobots/Decepticons was wasted and none of the points you earned are kept. the only way to guaruntee that you keep the points when you play is to have everyone die before the host quits.

(Had to rant about this somewhere, figured this would be the best spot.)

:crazy: 

20. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I feel your pain. that's why I've been hosting my own games for the past week with friends instead of doing public find matches