The ones we wait for

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Oct 2, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So after picking up Halo 3 yestderday, I started thinking how there's always that one game or games for very console since I can remember that makes an impact in the gaming community or in the fan base of said console. So I was just wondering what games you guys think those are? Ill put this list out but Im sure Ill miss some:
    NES- Super mario brothers 3, Zelda
    Genesis- Sonic & Knuckles, Xmen 2, Mortal Kombat
    SNES- Donkey Kong country, Killer instinct, Super mario Allstars
    N64- Super mario 64
    Sega Saturn- Nights into dreams
    Dreamcast- ???
    Gamecube- Metroid Prime, Paper Mario
    Turbo Grafx 16- Bonk's adventure
    Xbox- Halo, Halo 2
    Playstation- Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Resident evil, FF7
    Playstation 2- Devil May Cry, Resident evil, Grand theft auto
    Xbox 360- Gears of War, Halo 3, Biostorm

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, on DC was right from the start Soul Caliber, but also Phantasy Star Online.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I was a very happy man when Namco gave me Soul Caliber the day I got my Dreamcast. Then they dropped the Dreamcast like a turd and never gave us anything else.

As far as the one I am waiting for, currently my Xbox yearns for Mass Effect.
    It's very close -I can almost taste it.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I know one game for the PS3 that I'm really looking forward to is Little Big Planet. Not sure if that will make your list. We'll just have to wait and see after it's release.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll add Phantasy Star Online for the DC... and if console add-ons are allowed, Virtua Fighter on the 32X?

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SNES- Starfox, and then Final Fantasy 3. I honestly almost threw up because I was so excited about FF3. Starfox was my first SNES game and I thought the 3D graphics were amazing.

Genesis- I anticipated few Christmas presents like Sonic 2.

N64- Gotta agree with Mario 64- easily one of the most immersive gaming experiences just because the genre was so new and never looked better. The only thing the N64 got afterwards that I would say was better is Zelda: TOoT.

Saturn- Panzer Dragoon. The Saturn was my first CD console, and hearing that amazing orchestral score and 3d TEXTURED graphics was just jaw dropping. Plus the amazing CG intro! Too bad they dropped the orchestral scores after the first- that added a surreal feeling all the others lacked in my opinion.

Playstation- This one is tough. There were a few titles that just blew me away. FF7, FF8, Resident Evil, and Castlevania SotN are at the top, and all of them had me drooling on pictures of them months before they came out (and sometimes years).

Dreamcast- Yeah, Soul Caliber is still pretty much one of the greatest fighting games and probably the best Dreamcast game. Sega kinda blew their proverbial wad early there!

PS2- FF10 all the way. I was looking at pics of this long before the PS2 was released and nothing else on it impressed me as much before OR after its release.

Xbox- Fable. Such a great game- great controls, music, visuals- it was everything eveyone said Halo was (sans multiplayer).

Xbox 360- Still waiting on a complete killer ap that competes with with the likes of some of the titles I already listed, but I was really looking forward to Oblivion. It was pretty much everything I expected. No more, no less.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all the Halo excitment, I completely forgot that the reason I got an Xbox was for Mass Effect, and it's only a month or so away, FTW!

8. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I don't know, I haven't felt uber excited about anything in the past year or so. Everytime I see something that would make me excited, it's either A) on a portable, or B) comes out in 20XX (in other words, Lord knows when it will come out). I have been having a lot of fun with Halo 3 and really enjoyed Bioshock though. And Gears of War was an excellent game that surprised me.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    SNES-Super Mario World
    N64-Super Mario 64
    GAMECUBE-Super Smash Bros Melee
    PLAYSTATION-Final Fantasy VII
    PLAYSTATION 2-Grand Theft Auto

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Super Mario World FTGDMFW! One of the best Mario experience I've had, trying to find and beat every level with a group of friends.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Is it that good?
    Should I download it to the VC on my Wii?

I was a Genesis boy back then.

12. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I would say Mario Wolrd is the best Mario, and my favorite side scrolling adventure game ever.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First thing I bought for the VC before I returned my WII.