The one you can't let go of

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FatalT 71, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The G1 Prime MIB and the Combatacons (boxed Onslaught and carded limbs) aint going anywere.

2. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I would keep all of them. I purged my collection once and I've since come to regret it so I will never make that mistake again. I'm holding onto my collection until the die I die, and if I lose interest in it, it'll go into storage, not onto e-bay.

3. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    My Fortress Maximus and my Grimlock collection are the ones I could never let go.

4. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

G1 Artfire sticks unapplied or 1984 Pepsi Prime MISB.

or Liokaiser MISB you decide.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    G1 Grimlock, I have some PRICEY TF and some very dear to me. but it took me almost 20 years to get my hands on him. was one of the very first things I did when I started working.

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    For me the one figure nothing could make me part with is my MP-08 Grimlock from Takara,to me he is the Crown Jewel of my collection.

But if I could keep more than one they would be my G1 Mirage (he was my first TF,and still have him to this day),Fortress Maximus even tho I have no accessories for him just the body,and my nearly complete Classics Seeker Set (I have 1.0 Screamer,2.0 Screamer,Target Skywarp,Acid Storm,Ramjet,Thrust,and Dirge)only need Thundercracker coming in a month or two and that be all she wrote.

Oh hell one last one ROTF Voyager Mindwipe HOLY SH** he is the best designed movie figure ever,no alt mode kibble underneath,sick a** bat mode hanging upside down,and his bot form is awesome as crap too.

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Everything is potentially disposable.

But parting with what masterpieces I have would be very very difficult.

8. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

Any Hot Rod or Rodimus. I would keep all my Masterpieces too.

9. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be my msib Alternators Nemesis Prime. Love that one

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The same is true for me, but sadly I lost mine loooooong ago. :(  Along with green Beachcomber, gold Bumblebee, and shiny red Hubcap.

Whew, I have a few. Faith Leader will not go anywhere, he was a combined gift from my girlfriend and my best friend. Animated Shadow Blade Megatron was also a gift from my girlfriend.

I also just pulled out my old, horribly beat-up G2 Prime, and I'm sprucing him up with BTS-04 and Reprolabels. He still won't be worth much (his trailer is a MESS, no Roller, etc) but he's my first Prime and spending a few extra bucks will make him look cool in a whole new way.

Universe Dinobot was the first TF toy I bought for myself in college, starting my modern collection. He stays. I'm also sure I'll always have a Starscream, and always a version of the Cyclonus mold (don't know why but I love him, have two).

In general I don't think my collection is worth that much (modern toys since 2008, a few add-on kits and older Classics), and hope not to be in a position where selling it makes a big difference. If I really needed a shot in the arm I'd sell all my FP stuff, much as that would suck.