The one tiny detail that can ruin the movie for me

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I'll still watch it but I'll be groaning and rolling my eyes on the way to the cinema. This small detail - which probably isn't there is...

Calling the film Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D :banghead: 

I absolutely hate "3D" in titles! I love 3D with a passion but loath "3D" in the title.

2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I'm with you here, it just makes it seem like more of a gimmick having it in the title more than anything else. I cringed when they renamed Saw VII to Saw 3D.

3. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Okay so we got mullets, hats and now 3d to complain DEAR GOD.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Well, so far that seems to be far from the case. Could be worse, they could've used "3D" in place of traditional numerical value, which is retarded.

And while it is obscenely stupid IMO for 3D to be in the movie titles, it doesn't ruin the entire movie for me. I mean really?

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

How odd.

How else would you know the film was in 3D? 3D sells more cinema tickets, that's why we keep seeing it appear in the names of films.

What a truely strange thing to complain about. Next you'll be complaining that the silver is too bright/dark in the text of the title.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    foreal cant everyone just enjoy the damn thing for story and action!!?

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Well they could call it Transformers 3.......................................D.

8. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Oh I also hate "3D" in titles, but more over I hate 3D movies. ._.
    Most of them suck. Balls.
    Just because they have the technology, they use it to make money. But the overall quality of the films is amazingly worse.
    Maybe Tron:Legacy did something good with the 3D-technology. There it was used as a stylistic device. And it wasn't intrusive to the audience, like the crappy 3D effect of other 3D movies.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess the advantage of tacking on 3D to a title is that it's a warning up front that you are going to have to pay more to see the film and you will have to wear those darn glasses. Or in my case those darn glasses over my regular glasses.

Mostly I've been skipping 3D because I find it doesn't really add anything good to most of the films presented in 3D. Jackass 3D was the rare exception as it was worth the ticket price just for Beavis and Butt-head in 3D. Instead of paying extra I just wait to rent most of the 3D movies so I don't have to deal with bad 3D.

Ha ha, but if some movie executive tacking 3D onto the title is the only thing any of us could find wrong with Dark of the Moon then I'd be a happy little camper.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I love it all.
    I love 3D.
    I don't care if 3D is in the title.
    TF3D might be slightly corny, but acceptable as a title.
    Anyone who had issues with Tr2n, or even Tr3n needs to have their lives re-examined.

11. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    meh. won't bother me, as I don't plan on seeing it in 3-D, unless i can fit that optimus prime 3-D mask on.... ;) 

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I expect it won't be titled that, but pretty much every poster and trailer will have the "Experience it in IMAX 3D" disclaimer.

13. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Unless I am mistaken the first sequel to have 3D in the title was Jaws 3D and it did indeed suck balls.

15. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

the tiny detail about the title is that its Dark of the moon, which kinda seems grammatically incorrect
    Id prefer Transformers Dark Moon, or something, but that is infintesimal complaint, seeing how movies are having sucky titles (ex: The dark knight rises
    Optimus Prime Helmet 3d glasses :cool:  NOW THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    They're not going to have 3D in the title, but it wouldn't bother me even if they did. Maybe it seems gimmicky to put it in the title, but I prefer 3D as a gimmick. I like them to use it to good effect and really utilise the technology and give us our money's worth. I don't like how everything's going 3D lately just cos it's expected.

As for the one tiny detail that ruins the movie, it'll probably be something along the lines of Bumblebee urinating or Devastator balls.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Isn't "Dark of the Moon" the nickname to the dark side of the moon? [A.K.A where Sentinel Prime and his ship were found].

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The nights of the new moon when you can't see the moon with the human eye is called the dark of the moon phase.

19. Azurial

Azurial Well-Known Member

I know this might be a bit off topic, but am i the only one who thinks that the new Sentinal Prime looks WAY too much like Alpha Trion?

But back on topic - Megatron being a truck is slightly ruining it for me.

Also to add to the 3D complaint - They HARDLY ever use the effect to its full potential. Take for example Resident Evil: Afterlife - they did everything from bullets coming out at the audiance to a Gigantic axe/meat tenderizer thing coming out. Then we have How to Train Your Dragon 3D; decent movie but the 3d was confined to just the images hovering off screen slightly.

And to rant about the gimmick - Friday the 13th 3D - the first was the best and the second wasn't too bad - but 3 was horrible (still, it put the focus on the audiance being part of the movie).

Sadly though, most movies will be made in 3D from now on and soon 2D movies will become a thing of the past, especially more and more media developers are producing products with Glasses-Free 3D (Android, Nintendo 3DS, ect. - all of which can be found on CNet.com).

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What about Bumblebee urinating ON Devastator's balls?