The one thing I hate about Prime more then anything

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    The empty lifeless environment. What did everyone die? In the first episode the streets were empty. When Jack was going home from School and Miko was sitting there, why was there no other students going home? Are they the only ones the school? It's boring. I don't want more human characters I want more humans in the town and stuff like that. Makes it feel realistic

One more thing I want to mention. Star Wars the Clone Wars is a perfect example of what I want from Prime. The environments in that show are mind blowing incredible. People walking on the streets, extreme attention to detail, dust, dirt and lighting are all perfect.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It takes place in a desert so of course it's going to be more quite then the other locations. They even say it was nothing much in the show too. Besides it make sense if the writers are going for the realistic feel because if your a alien robot hiding on Earth,a location like the desert is the most logical place to hide in. They did the same thing in G1 don't forget. Being in a more mellow location isn't really a bad thing.

I'd like to see more locations myself but we may see more of that in Season 2.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    But what the OP is talking about ISN'T the desert. He's talking about the scenes inside the town, where there SHOULD be people randomly walking around. As it is, the only times other humans show up is when they're subjects for direct interaction with the main characters. Nobody just randomly walking the streets, nobody hanging around the exterior to the entrance of the school, the whole town feels more like a ghost town. And the opening to the final part of the 5-part opening CLEARLY shows other people exist outside, even if it wasn't supposed to be real what with the terrorcon shooting out of his palms and such.

I have to admit, that's one of my big issues with the show. I still have trouble even seeing how three kids can just sneak into the Very Large Array and there's NOBODY there. No indication there ever was anybody, even before Soundwave got there. I sort of understand WHY they don't do it, but I do hope we just see more crowds in Season 2, because if I've learned ANYTHING from my model train hobby, it's that having people just walk around outside really sells the idea that people actually live and work in the area.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've learned to just ignore the lifelessness by this point in time.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a visual bother, yes, but I'm willing to let it pass since this is flat Out a CGI and budget problem, not the storyboarders or animator forgetting to add crowds by stupidity.

6. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agree with OP. It's pretty much the same gripe I have with beast wars (although not for a lack of people, but generally lack of details in the environment). I think it's because of them using CGI. Adding just one more CGI character in the background would probably require more resources than it's worth.

Which is why a cartoon would be better :thumbs2: 

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand what your saying, the surrondings in transformers if life-less.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ironically in Bayformers everyone complain of the fact it always occurs in a big city. :lol 

But yeah if their's anything to blame it's the idea that Prime should have been a 3D show over a 2D animation. The world does feel more and more lifeless each day.

Well next series has to be done in 2-D.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    This. I think some people are forgetting the fact about the budget of the CGI the need to use. Besides when they get enough money they will make other places more livley.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    But then we wouldn't have the beautiful detailing of the Transformers and the Outer Space locations in it.

I'm glad that they went for the CGI route this time around. It hasn't been done for a long time since BM and it takes me back when I was watching Beast Wars! :D  The CGI makes Prime stand out from shows like Animated.

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

Crowds are a pain in any medium. Imo crowds would be easier to inject into a cgi show than a hand drawn show. Hand drawn means hand drawn....that takes more work I would think. Unless you are cool with facelesss silhouettes. With cgi you could use stock animations and randomized character models. That way most of the work is done up front but after time it becomes less labor intensive...i would think anyway.

The cheapest option is to say "who needs crowds?"

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Parhaps they're in a zombieland world. MECH, the Kids, June, and Fowler are the survivors. :lol 

13. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    You left out Sierra, her friend, Vince, Fast Willy, Fowler's agents and the musuem guard.

:wink: 

14. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

WHY WOULD THEY COMPLAIN IT TAKES PLACE IN A BIG CITY! It's cool to see us fight in a city, destroying stuff in the process. In MY OPINION, it NEVER gets old.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The whole show just feels very de-energized. There's no life, no fun about it. The world reflects that.

Indeed, and I'd rather have the characters have good models instead of poor models so they could fit in crowds.

Still a little bothersome.

16. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    TF1 and DOTM.

What if that's what they were going for the entire time.

Atleast they succeeded in that sense. Agreed, the show and world is bland.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yes, and them. Unless the zombies got them...

And I'd do anything to get Fowler and Jack to go on a hunt for Twinkies one episode.

18. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Maybe if Prime had the same budget as Spongebob Squarepants, things might be different.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't recall it being old in either of those. In fact, it was fucking awesome seeing them run through streets, climbing up and down buildings, flying around through knocked-over towers. It was energetic as fuck.

Howerver as ROTF's climax showed battles in unpopulated, desert areas are boring both visually and when it comes to the actual combat.

20. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

This is the trade-off for CGI animation, sadly. To make crowds, you have to have a ton of extra human models and some stock animations for them. This might be something the show gets better at later on, as they build up more and more human models and can just throw them into scenes to make them more lifelike. They can also buildup more non-Transformer car CGI models to use on streets to make them busier.

That said, I'm glad that they chose to go with CGI. They're clearly putting all their effort into the characters that matter, and the fact that they manage to make the bots so expressive is to be commended. Just watch Ratchet's facial animations for crying out loud. Or the king of expression, Starscream.

There's actually a couple moments you can see some dead bodies. In other words, Soundwave killed everyone. :D