The one thing I don't like about Animated figures.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

They sell to well. The last couple of weeks, every time I go into a Wal*Mart or Zellers, they have the following.
    Zellers consistently has this:
    Movie drones, and nothing but them.

Maybe a shelfwarming Megatron leader or Optimus.

A couple Ani. Two packs.

Some animated voyagers. (cept that one day when I caught a restock.)
    Wal*mart consistently has this:
    Ratchet and Blackarachnia.

Some two packs,

A voyager here and there (Usually Megatron or Starscream)

darn movie drones.

Point is, I can't find anything anymore. I was hoping wave 3 would be in the stores, but first they'd have to sell the movie Drones! The movie's still shelfwarming! To make matters worse, as I left, I noticed a bunch of boxes with hasbro logos. I only read one and it reads

TRA MOVIE DELUXE ASSORTMENT

ughhhhh.....

I hope one box has that Soundwave I'm looking for.

This happening in your area?

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Kinda, except in my TRU. You can find Animated, but not alot. The only ones I want are Slag and Swoop, for my Classics.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I know. It's been a real bitch finding the new stuff here, and the comutes so long it's basically up to luck at this point.

4. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

The only store that has even a few animated is an hour's drive away. I know what you mean.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

This always seems to happen with lines I don't collect...but I've seen pretty much everything with what must be surprising regularity considering so many reports of not being able to find stuff. I saw wave 3 all over the place yesterday, and were I collecting the line, would have had no trouble finding everything to date. The most sporadic has unsurprisingly been deluxe BB, but even after the first few weeks, he's pretty constant, just one or two to everybody else's 4-5+.

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i HATE movie drones! although i had nice finds the other day including wave 3 (finally) and a beat up leader bulkhead (i had to pass :(  ) and roll oout prime and some universe. i just ended up with a snarl and uni sunstreaker. i shoulda got jazz but i was tryin to budget myself...

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Yes that's happening here too. TONS of movie crap, quite a bit of wave 1 Universe Deluxes, but almost no animated or any of the universe voyagers or even ultras. My Zellers usually has pretty much nothing. And TRU does have some animated, but pretty much the only deluxes they have are freakin blackarachnia. Tons n tons of blackarachnia. I've yet to see Grimlock or Lugnut, or ANYTHING past wave 2.

8. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Easy as crap to fins Animated toys here. And Wave 3 Deluxes and Lugnut just got here like a week ago.

Universe Classics however...

9. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I concur. It's easier to find Animated figs rather than Universe Classics here.. *Shrugs

10. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I know when the stores I go to restock, so I have been lucky to get everything that has been released at retail so far. I hope Magnus and pals will be just as easy for me to obtain.

11. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    Well I was surprised when I first saw tfa they had grimlock but I grabbed a bb because I didn't have the cash. I couldn't fin grimlock for about 4 more weeks that was about 3 weeks ago and yesterday I finally scored the only voyager optimus prime (Thanks to a nice guy who checked for tf toys in the back.)Other than that now all I need is a bumblebee then I'll have all Show accurate ( I say this because I'm not buying leader bulkhead.) wave 1,2 & 3 autobots all misb. As for universe, I've seen blaster,heavy load, power glide and onslaught, and all of wave 1 deluxes. (lucky for me I just want blaster and a few others out of this line.)

12. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Walmart thing is happening here too, except not drones, but Scene battles Longarm.

I would get Longarm, but no the scene battles. The Mikela looks stupid.
    I know I could simply unscrew a screw to take her out, but Id rather pay less and get the same toy.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't even bother looking for wave 3, I just bought them from Cybertron.ca members.

14. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    For a while I could get these no problem but now it is much more difficult. Blackarachnias everywhere o_o

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    absolutely...almost identical..plenty of ratchet and blackarachnia (i personally dont like the spider, but i got ratchet), plenty of lockdown at my stores here too..same bunch of voyagers (screamer, megs) and a leader or 2.. to get the ones i wanted (i have all 16 that i wanted now), i had to pre order etc from a couple of speciality toy stores that i know of in singapore

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget that a lot of the animated stuff came out earlier then the released date so that might have screwed up your expectations too. =)

Fortunately, I have lots of stores around my area. Starting to see the wave 3's almost everywhere here so dont' give up hope.

17. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    or find some speciality stores who reserve em for as soon as they get stock..thats wat i did..saved me a lot of trouble n time

18. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

They restock often around here sometimes, I lucked out twice already for the Animated line (Voyager Prime + Wave 3 Deluxes) However, the Wal-Mart closest (but pretty far) to me never has any TFs when I go there.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

You should live in Indiana then. Animated CLOGS the shelves and aren't selling. You can have the whole line around here. They really aren't doing very well. Every place is different I guess.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When i was in states i couldn't find any Wave 3 Deluxes only Universe Wave 1.