the one-liners

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Jul 23, 2007.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    before i say this, i have to say i was thoroughly entertained by the movie, but....

the humans actually had conversations, while the robots only spoke in cheesy one-liners, even arnold schwartzeneggar in early movie days had better lines than the transfomers. did this annoy anyone else?

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought the goal was to cram in as many classic transformer phrases and interactions as possible...? most of which amount to PRIIIIIIME and famous one-liners

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

"Taking the children was a bad idea. Autobots, relieve them of their weapons! You do not seem afraid, have you seen our race before?" Seemed like a one-liner to you? Prime had some good stuff there, and the other Transformers did too.

4. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

'quick...hide'....christ op im a 30ft tall robot..where the f*** am i supposed to hide

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I actually liked "Bring It", in the context of the way it was used. In fact I liked all the lines spoken by Tyrese that lead up to "Bring it".

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Prime: "Please, let this work..."

Jazz: "Fire it up, Optimus."

Prime: "The code! The code on these glasses indicates the Allspark is 230 miles from here."

Ratchet: "I sense the Decepticons are getting ready to mobilize..."

Ironhide: "They must know it's here aswell..."

Jazz: "What about Bumblebee? We can't just leave him to die! And become some human experiment!"

Prime: "He'll die in vain if we don't accomplish our mission! Bumblebee is a brave soldier, this is what he would want."

Ironhide: "Why are fighting protect the humans? They're a primitive, and violent race."

Prime: "Were we so different? They are a young species, they have much to learn, but I've seen good in them. Freedom is right of all sentient beings, who all know there's only one way to end this war, we must destroy the cube. If all else fails, I will unite it with the spark in my chest."

Ratchet: "That's suicide! The cube is raw power it could destroy you both!"

Prime: "A nessessary sacrifice, to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes. It's been an honour serving with you all."

Prime: "Autobots, Roll out!"

Hardly one-liners.

7. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Though this is the only scene in which all the autobots contribute with a decent amount of text. However, I think it's cool that they've decided to develop more the humans than the robots, that makes me wait for the sequel.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think the main reason the robots weren't the focus, was to give that air of mystery to them. That way, it made the robots scenes more special.

9. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I definitely agree with that!

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    [edit]

11. DOCNFOID

DOCNFOID Member

Don't forget that they also wanted to market to a much wider audience than just original TF fans. My dad, for instance, didn't want to see it till my uncle convinced him to, and he ended up liking it, citing among other things that he thought it would only be about the robots. I don't think the wider audience would have appreciated it being all about the bots.

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i agree, i would have just like some more proper lines instead of fake, forced crap like 'what's cracking little bitches'

13. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Honestly though, Isn't the main characters in every Transformers incarnation the Transformers themselves with humans as side characters. I thought it was important to kinda base the movie on the humans for the first half, but when the Autobots got to Earth I thought that they and the Decepticons should take over as the main focus.

14. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I think they had to keep the first movie - human centric in order to avoid alienating a large part of the potential audience. There will be many people who dont want to go and see a "kids" movie that is just about big robots fighting. Lets not forget that this film is essentially based around a toy line.

Once people see this film however - I reckon they'll be hooked and will therefore be more open to more TF focussed sequels.

15. optimuslives

optimuslives Banned

It's just like any other major franchise when you're doing a 'reset' to bring it to a wider audience. You have to have certain things to make it appeal to those who normally might not see it. Remember people complaining that the first spider-man movie took a long time to develop and stuff was changed? They had to do that to make it appeal to others, and it worked, as Spidey 2 & 3 were box office smashes. Same thing with the X-Men Movies, Ghost Rider and the Batman Begins reset. To be able to provide the movies the FANS want, you have to make some initial sacrifices to get a wider audience excited about future movies. Dreamworks did a hell of a job of that and because of it, we'll have more live-action bot-goodness for years to come. I think that's worth a few, "What's cracking little bitches" don't you? :)