The Omega Supreme Throwdown (or how I learned to get a 2-foot tall TF without my wife killing me)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ByLaw77, Aug 24, 2018.

1. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Love my TG and he isn't wobbly in bot-mode at all. TG_Atlas.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

These posts made me laugh WAY harder than they should have. LOL

3. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    Posts like this remind me of how lucky I am. Mine gave me an entire loft to put my stuff up and proudly presents it to any visitors that shows even a vague interest. She has no idea what anything is, but she likes the impressiveness of the collection and how neat the toys look, and more importantly how much enjoyment I get out of everything.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about Buying an Omega sometime - I think I may just buy the Omega Sentinel Options and then get which ever Omega Supreme doesn't have a blue version.

Though I have no Idea where I'll put them. Maybe I can break my other combiners down to individual modes and give the space to them.

5. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    I ended up pre-ordering the blue Wei Jiang version for my Omega Sentinel. I figure he's the cheapest so if I ever go completely crazy and buy 1-2 more it won't be $600+. Only $500+.

6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

I did like the idea of seeing if there is a decent way of merging the base tracks so one tank can got around 2 tracks.
    That might tempt me to buy the same mould twice.

I was going to buy another combiner but if I can't find the one I want an Omega is next on the list.
    I wouldn't actually mind one of them in Black too - so if someone does that that might jump to the top of the list for me.

7. Numsay

Numsay Well-Known Member

My wife was not super supportive when I started Transforming a room into our house into a "robot room" but now that's filled out she actually shows all her guests when she shows them around the house. Overall it gets a pretty positive reaction.

Room in question:
    Transformers

• Like Like x 8
  8. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

For those who are still looking for an Omega, you might want to wait and see Hasbro's version. Judging by the size of the tank (that they revealed in NYCC), it might be the size of Metro and FortMax. And it might well be the cheapest option.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Same, my wife does it because she knows I get embarrassed but most people are pretty wowed by the collection and take a while to soak it in.

10. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Looks great to me but then again I'm a collector with my own room like that. :D 

Love your retro gaming station. I have a good amount of those in the living room myself (they won't fit in my collection room).

11. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Took me a while to find it! 威将变形玩具卫兵 大力神巨灵神火箭基地模型G1MP比例大力金刚-淘宝网
    - the price drops once you create an account and log in. But yeah, between the complexity of ordering and the upcoming Hasbro release I think I'd better wait.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:22 PM
  12. boomerdave

I know I've said it before but my wife is good with my collecting because she knows I pay the bills / savings / monthly needs first and then collect after. She actually says "You should get one because you won't find it later and you'll regret it".

In regards to Omega, I think her comment was "That's a big boy!" when she saw him. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

I have dx9 Gabriel for Omega Supreme, the wei Jaing Omega Drone for my Omega Sentinel.
    My question is does Fanstoys want my money?
    088DC176-85B2-479E-BF7D-0B8F339C81D7.jpeg

Cause this is how somebody gets my money!

Or Dark Guardian or Shattered Glass Omega color schemes

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Fans Toys makes an excellent product. But my eye is on the DX9. Im waiting for prices to fall. Keep in mind Hasbro will produce one, too in the new Siege line...

15. boomerdave

I like my FT's version but you can't deny he was made with wobbly hips (at least most it seems). I tightened the 4 screws and it helps a lot but still, it's not DX9 stability. Then again, that one had it's own issues. For me, this is the right one because I don't transform my stuff. It just needs to pose and hold it.....forever. :D 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

The hasbro reveal was lackluster to say the least. Unless the finished bot is simply amazing or I can get it at 50 from ollies. There is no way I will be getting a new omega to replace gabriel. That is unless dx9 does a version 2 or an aftermarket kit comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jellico

Jellico Member

Well... hopefully the Hasbro option won't be tall enough to rest an elbow on CW Devastators head. It is the only thing that stopped me pulling the trigger on a third party option this year.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Breaks down to 3 simple facts:

WeiJiang if you want it to match the more chug styling of Metroplex/Trypticon/Fort Max. Plus motorised and sounds.

Fanstoys if you prefer the earlier Hasui aesthetic of MP. Lights.

Dx9 if you prefer the more cartoon look of the recent Kobayashi aesthetic. Lights.

• Like Like x 1
  19. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    Ok, here's my 2 cents:

I went with DX-9s Gabe simply because I like the way he looks just that much better. I can't speak to either of the other two as I've never seen or messed with them, but I can say that Gabe is so good, that I have no need or desire to.

The only real negitive thing I have to mention about the figure was that the elbow joints were far too tight, and were at risk of breakage through regular handling. The elbow surgurey was fairly simple though, and corrected the problem easily enough.

The last thing to mention is more of a nit-pick, but, even though I appreciate their inclusion, his decals kind of suck. They are just very thin and faint like the ones that used to come with the GI Joe 25th Anny - Rise of Cobra vehicles. That, and no red stars? Why not? If you're bothering to add a decal sheet anyway then they should have been a no brainer.

Love Gabe though - He's all the Omega I'll ever need.

...Oh, and he looks soooooo good with Constructor to boot!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

So I ended up getting.....

This guy!
    0833F6A9-607D-4025-A7F7-D21E8A534A5B.jpeg

Seriously, if he came in MP scale, I’d plotz. Not to mention he’d weigh 80 lbs.

Oh, and I just got a shipping notice from TF-Direct. My Ultima Guard is on his way (I just dig the detail over toon accuracy).