The Omega Supreme Throwdown (or how I learned to get a 2-foot tall TF without my wife killing me)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ByLaw77, Aug 24, 2018.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

A bit out of topic, but... Why are collectors afraid of their wives?! At first I thought it was a "running joke", now I am not so sure! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

My ex wife would have lost her mind had I spent over 100$ on any toy, let alone an Omega Supreme for 300. My future wife just dropped 500 on the Hogwarts lego set, so I'm good if I wanted it. I own none of these toys and was tempted at first, but I realized something about myself. I'm a play once and put on a shelf collector, and 4 years into hard core collecting, I lost the crazy burn to buy these guys. So I decided that a Hasbro Omega, (hopefully being teased in Oct or Feb) will be enough.

That being said, I have a sneaky feeling that the month of Nov will reveal some black friday sales. I would go with the cheapest one. As far as sneaking it past ones wife, I recommend sticking with one online etailer, building up loyalty points, using one's credit card reward points, to soften the blow of the price.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happy wife, happy life.

• Like Like x 4
  4. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Happy toy, happy girl or boy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. robh

robh Decepticon

LMFAO. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

So @ByLaw77 which is it going to be?

7. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Fuck, don't know about him, but now I'm thinking of getting Gabriel over TG, since I still haven't picked up an MP Omega yet...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I remember, several years ago, I was in a videogame store within a mall. There was this one guy there, looking at a game. His gf comes into the store, grabs his arm, and pulls him out of the store, with this look of annoyance on her face.

That incident has stucked with me, for so many reasons. That guy was so henpecked. At least the gf was hot...

• Like Like x 1
  9. boomerdave

boomerdave Well-Known Member

Fans Toys if you want a display piece that looks top notch....he has a lean issue but it is what it is and if you display more than anything, he's the best for that IMO.

If you're a play with it person, then maybe more DX9 but that said, he's had QC issues out of the box with broken bolts, frozen ratchets and other issues. Read the DX9 thread about it before getting one. If you're a "I don't mind cleaning it up with some lube and a little work" person, that might be for you.

Weijang sounds pretty solid but IMO it's the least toon accurate (not crazy toon, it's just the least OS looking figure). That said, it sounds like a solid piece and is pretty cheap compared to the other 2. If you like the look, it might be your guy.

I don't care about how hot someones girlfriend or wife is (or they think she / he is). High maintenance is high maintenance. Looks don't last ever....your toys, life style and ways of wanting to live probably will.

If she's a bitch now, she'll be a not so hot bitch later and you don't have the freedom to do things you deserve(?) to do. My wife was super cute when we were dating. She's still a cutie to me 15 years later but she was never a super model. On the other hand, she gets my collection and supports me as long as I don't do something really stupid with our money (Like not pay the bills first or something).

If there EVER was a "Choose but choose wisely" decision in your life, your life partner is it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...in truth, I'm leaning WJ. I'm just diggin' the details - even though not toon accurate. The FT hip and lean issues concern me a bit, and the DX9 looks a bit bland when compared to the others. Just my take. All of this feedback has been super helpful!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ByLaw77

Oh, it's a real thing. Mine is *pretty* cool about toy collecting - I have two big shelving units in our den with my collections of MOTUC, PlayArts, Voltron, Iron Giant, Godzilla, and my nascent TF collection. But when what is obviously a big-ticket item appears, the coolness about it can heat up a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Omega Supreme has entered the house. Wife not exactly over the moon but not blood shed either. Few! DSC_9169.jpg DSC_9168.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

the dx9 and the quality issues was only a first batch chinese drop shipper issue. there have been a lot of us who bought him from Toydojo here in the states and could not be happier. nothing beats their customer service and detailed inspection for defects and even pictures of your omega. if there was to ever be an issue down the line please know that they will make it 100% right by you in the end. no waiting for 2 months for some bs seller to send you some hips or knees or whatever you might need.

good luck and that is my 2 cents.

14. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

however some men arent collectors until well after they are married. this is usually a good thing like when we are making better money and have a place to house the collection. however our better half may not immediatley accept it. they must be trained lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bonus storage for human figures 050D2B63-1A38-436D-9B9B-298520BFB908.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  16. ByLaw77

"Humans, we must go. Climb into my codpiece for transport. Yes, I'm serious. It's...a giant Cybertronian thing. It's not weird unless you make it weird. Just...look, you can climb in now that my door is erec...*open* - now that it's *OPEN* (god...stay cool, O, stay cool....)"

You know Omega is 1/2 second away from fogging up his visor in that shot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

My wife had friends round so she moved Omega Supreme into one of the kids room and pretended it was his. Dsc_9183.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really funny. My wife wouldn't bother, she'd probably just steer people away from my collection downstairs

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine's out in the living room as a display piece. Her mother hates it, I think that's part of the reason she's cool with it. lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

My wife is getting tired of the TFs...I can sneak something small in...but gonna have to see about TG :p . She was okay with the Lego Voltron ;) 

• Like Like x 1