The ol' "flippin' a coin" trick

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kronatron, Aug 25, 2012.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

"Last time on Price Wars! ...." Actually, It's not that kind of thread. :) 

Have you felt like the coin toss has ever betrayed you? Or perhaps your experience lends to a "blessing in disguise" deals? Tell me your stories. I'll start:

Last week at Target I was pleasantly surprised to find not 1 nor 2 nor 3 but 4 new TFs, woah! 2 of them were cyberverse figures; a gray and yellow repaint of BB (which I passed on) and a red-flamed version of Arcee (spark-hunter or something) which I had never heard of even though I consider myself fairly informed on upcoming stuff - hence the surprise. I wound up getting it and I liked it.

The other two were FOC Jazz & Optimus. Decisions decisions. I couldn't make up my mind, even after having seen video reviews, so I tried flipping a coin for it and wound up with Optimus. I have to say...I'm not so sure the coin decided right. At this point I'm really hoping TFC or Fansproject or someone does something to take advantage of all those holes and gives him the city commander treatment, otherwise he's just staying in vehicle mode as "random cybertronian #15."

On another occasion, I flipped a coin and went with a clearance $20 MP Skywarp, which I had turned down like 50 times, and today it has become my favorite MP.

What reputation does the coin toss have for you?

-Kronatron

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found a SDCC Nemesis Prime on Craigslist for $40 and technically don't have the money until next friday but, after the coin toss, I'm taking the money out of my MP-10 stash to go get it tomorrow so it doesn't get taken before I get paid, hopefully I'll like it and it's worth it, it's complete and in good condition just no box...so we'll see..

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Usually, I end up buying both somewhere down the line, so I've gotten into the recent habit of simply getting both right away if they're on sale or something.

4. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

I have a Fable 3 good/evil coin that I flip. I find it to be correct 50% of the time.

5. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm so indecisive i usually flip the coin five times, watch some video reviews, make a list of the pros and cons, flip a coin again, then buy whichever i find first for a good price.

6. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I did it once between FoC Jazz and this new Mattel Batman Killer Croc figure (technically it was like a mental coin flip). Bought the Croc toy, but I went back a few days later and bought Jazz as well.