The ol' curve ball of life rears in it's ugly head!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, May 25, 2010.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So I have to get my car fixed and it's costing me a boatload of cash. The sad thing is, is that I'm only paying for half of what needs to be repaired and have to save cash for the rest. This really sux as I was looking forward to buying a few things and now I have to wait quite awhile. Share some stories in which the ol' curve ball of life has really pissed you off.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

So...two years ago. I was in basic training for the Air Force. I got engaged. Two days after I return to the base from my medical leave, the bitch left me.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I was in the Air Force for 17 years. 3 years away from retirement. I now have a reenlistment code of 2X.

Look it up.

Oh, and I bought a brand new 2010 Camaro, and not even 2 months later, got rear-ended.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Wow, Altercon, that's pretty suckish to say the least.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Wow, that's some serious suckage on both you's guy's accounts. To hell with the cunt that left you Altercron, and fuck that asshole that rear ended your Camaro Firehawc. :mad 

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    After 15 years together and 10 years of a great Marriage my wife may want to seperate.

Not even sure why....

7. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Had a really great romance with this smokin' doctor who pursued me. I wanted to take things slow, but she was on high gear, so I followed suit. Everything was great, and then she pulled the "let's slow things down" bit. Yeah, she hit the breaks and broke it off a couple weeks later.

Oh BTW, did I mention she's my effin' BOSS who I see every day, and she's turned into quite the bitter, spiteful woman? She's the type of person who always needs an enemy...someone to focus her aggression on or despise, and it's become me.

"The Bitch-Queen, bokes no insolence..." - Baldur's Gate

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Haha, nice with the Baldur's Gate quote. My buddy just downloaded all of them and played them again for the first time in many years. Sucks about your women guys. Gotta love that fuckin curve ball of life!!!!!

9. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

After nearly 5 years of being together, less than 4 months of being engaged using the most expensive item that I've bought (nearly $5K), my ex left me and later sold the ring, because I didn't marry her faster. I would have if she would have learned to keep a job, but I supported her (and my dad's) rent during the last 6 months. Spoiled brat. Women are evil.

This is one of many curve balls, or in my case crotch shots.

Also 2 months after buying my perfectly used car, some idiot hit-and-run my driver rear quarter panel (Did more damage to their car by the glass on the ground, none from my car). And 2 months later my car gets broken into for the change in my change compartment. $50 window replacement for less than $10 of change.

10. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last time I took my band new 2010 Mazda in for a routine $20.00 oil change I walked out with a new tire, a new rim, an oil change, and $760.00 bill. Thanks life, I owe you one.

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I got a hernia doing deadlifts at the gym, and since my health insurance only covers 40 percent of a $1,500 MRI, not to mention what astronomical cost the surgery may have, I cannot fix it at present.

Most of the time it just hurts a little. The rest of the time, it hurts a lot. It has also cause my musculature to overcompensate on the right side and give me a slipped rib there. I work out to keep everything as even as possible, but I haven't been able to do anything with my legs or lower back, it's all chest, upper back and arms.

It causes me to have pain spasms and keeps me up at night, and when I do sleep, I have a lot of disturbed dreams about pain.

12. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I've met my best friend and partner for life.. and it requires a plane ticket across the ocean to even be together. We're working on it though, but in the meantime it SUCKS. Sleeping alone feels bad man. But it's our choice, so we asked for it.

I try to focus on the positives, though... I have a good education, steady employment, my health, a loving person who's always there to listen to my whining! It's all good.

13. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well here's another curve ball, and a good one actually. Looks like my buddy who sold me the car is gonna help me out with some finances. Didn't really expect that to happen.

14. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Pics or it didn't happen

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After 3 years of paying off old outstanding bills and debts from god knows where and for what at the last "Institute of Higher Learning", jumping through hoops for all kinds of Holy Grail-like documents, after 2 semesters of 3.88 GPA course work, I got a letter in the mail today from my college stating, "I regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible for Financial Aid..."

Reason?
    "...your Student Academic Process (SAP) report does not meet our standards."

I earned a 3.88 each semester and they tell me my grades suck? it's a typo or something.

I have to jump through hoops to appeal their stupidity or i have to drop out for a whole year.
    Fuck that.
    i will be in class this august.

16. Wolfguard

TY - that game has saved my sanity on more than one occasion.

Lol - I actually do have pics (and texts,) but I ain't showin' JAKK. Only reason I've saved most of that is in case she gets real nasty as in tries to get me canned. Then I can go to the owner and say "we were dating under the radar, SEE?"

On the positive curveball side, I did meet this awesome Persian chick recently. Balled up and asked her out (in Farsi) last Friday. She gave me her number, and while she's made it clear she's not into dating anyone right now (just got out of a 12 year relationship,) she does want to be friends, and we've been texting pretty much every day, all day long. I didn't do the 3 day wait thing. Did that AFTER we talked on day 1, and then she hit me up 2 days later. She asked me today if I would like her to teach me how to speak Farsi.

Hell. Yes.

So far, this friendship is turning out to be better than the dating relationship with the exGF. Considering all the "activities" we were into vs this chick and no physical anything, that says a lot about personality attraction vs physical attraction. Does help that the Persian chick is super beautiful though. ;p

The curve ball aspect? I was going to go to the store this girl works at a month earlier, but couldn't due to a back injury. I waited till I went to a conference in a nearby city since the store was on the way to an from. If I had gone as planned, it turns out it would have been on a day she doesn't work. Proof that curve balls and Karma can sometimes be good.

:thumbs2: 

17. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

WolfGuard...
    NO HAPPY STORIES!!!

18. Wolfguard

But chances are I will NEVER have sex with that hawt Persian chick since she's stuck me in the "Friend Zone."

K - fixd.

:thumbs2: 

19. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks into the new year, I got out of my friend's car, and noted that she'd inadvertantly parked on a solid sheet of ice. I know this, because I realized gravity works, on account that I'd most certainly slipped and fell, and landed on my wrist in a not-quite-right kind of way.

That being said, I was pretty sure something horrible had just happened. It was late and it was dark, and we scurried over to the closest store to pick up a splint. Figured I'd put some ice on it, keep it elevated, give it a couple of days, and see how things would go.

Things went pretty bad. I was pretty sure I'd broke it, on account that I'd broke my wrists three times while growing up, and it was the same intense kind of pain. I tried calling around, seeing if I could get in someplace that wasn't the fantastically expensive emergency room. Negative on all counts.

So I up and go to the emergency room, and get shuffled from room-to-room. Paperwork and such. Lots of nonsense. X-rays. A prescription. A whole afternoon killed. And a diagnosis of the following: sprained wrist, keep elevated and iced.

And so basically I paid a nice chunk of change to be told to do what I'm already doing. Great. And I'm also given a prescription for Vicodin--which, coincidentally, I find out the hard way I can't take, considering it made me so fantastically nauseous that I kind of sort of wish I was dead. For the first twenty hours or so, at least.

That being said, I'm quite sorry for everyone who's been screwed over by someone else. It's truly a horrible place to be.

20. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Hmm, got to be more to that story than them just giving you the finger and saying no to re-enlisting.