The "Oh snap, that's where that was" thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Ok, so I figured I'd share this even though it's kind of embarassing.

So, I'm in the process of packing up all of my transformers because I'm moving (first house, yay!). There are a few things that I've been looking for, liek missiles and stuff, and I've found them all, but there was one in particular I couldn't find, and that was PE Rumble's gun. I've looked up and down my home, car, workdesk... ANYWHERE for this thing, to no avail.

Then, last night, I was posting in the "Best Classics Soundwave" thread and got the urge to take a picture of my Cybertron Soundwave, and while looking on the shelf:

[​IMG]

It was in his goddamned HAND the WHOLE TIME!

So yea... felt a lotta' bit stupid, but still figured I'd share because it was funny. If anyone has any similar stories, by all means share, or, hell, just laugh at me for a while. :lol 

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I once spent about half an hour searching for a minicon that was in my hand.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

A while back I used to have those Gundam figures with the interchangeable parts. I lost a hand for an RX unit, and couldn't find it anywhere. The next day I was going out fishing on a boat so I decided to wear yesterdays clothes. About an hour into the trip I kicked back to relax and the damn fist fell out of cuff on my pants and landed on the deck. The last place I would've expected to find that piece would be on the river.

~Z

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I once couldn't find Alt Mirage for days. I really liked the toy at the time and decided to replace him. But I bought Alt Rodimus instead just in case I did find Mirage later on. At the time Rodimus was pretty spendy online. Shortly after I ordered Rodimus, I found Mirage. He was right up in the closet with the rest of the toys, but I just didn't see him because his alt mode is so flat. I had looked in that closet so many times, lol...

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I've literally lost count as to the number of times that I've lost a game, only to find it inside a said consul. This is why people should never take the empty game case sitting on the tv (or wherever the designated "in use" spot is) & put it back with the others.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I hate it when I take a movie rental back and realize the case is empty when I get to the store...

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Haha. I remember retuning the wrong game once, and then having to go back there with my dad & get the guy to dig through the entire bin to find it.

I was like wait, if you returned the game on your way to wherever (apparently my dad dropped it off on his way to get pizza or something), then how am I still playing it...?

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no idea where my Classics Jetfire's "super-mode" accessories are...

And the story hasn't ended yet. Let you know when I do find them (probably when I move) so we can laugh at what a dunce I am. :p 

9. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

I had bought Thunderwing right when he came out... As soon as I get home my GF starts to mess around with him, in the process she fires his missle and lost it... We looked all over for it and couldnt find it anywhere, so I went and bought another figure a month later so I can put him on display... I just found the damn missle last week stuck in the cushion of my seat... Makes me mad because I looked there just before I bought the new figure and didnt see it...

10. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

You always find what you're looking for when you're not looking for it.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I had a "Oh snap, that WHAT that was moment"

Before I got back in to Transformers I had this yellow plastic thing in my room that I had no clue what it was. It eventually got trashed because I had no need for it.

After I became a collector and was up to date with my TF knowledge I realised what I threw away..... Sunstreakers Shoulder thingies :( 

12. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

got 2 stories- i got hungry and went to open a can of soup and i had a hell of a time trying to open it. when i set down the can opener i looked down and seen it had a pop top lid!:lol  the next time i looked for my glasses for an hour and i was wearing them the entire time:lol 

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh snap, No you didnt!! lol

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

A long time ago, I wanted to put my Air Defense Mini-cons into the Star Saber form so Hot Shot could hold it. However, for some reason I couldn't find Jetstorm (the Concorde/middle component) all day. I was really bummed because of the three jets he was my favorite alt. mode. Next day, I want to try shooting Sparkplug out of my Armada Optimus' trailer. Guess who I found inside the launcher when I opened it up?

Then, more recently, I lost some part of my High Grade Rick Dias kit that covered a rather noticeable hole in the back of the leg, and I thought I'd somehow lost it when it fell out on the basement stairs and right into the christmas decorations boxes. Three days later I'm looking for something under the bed and I find the elusive part right behind a bed leg.

15. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Was looking for United Jazz. 5 Minutes later, I realized I was holding him...
    Sometimes, I'll look for something, won't find it in that spot. Look in the same spot again and find it.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I thought i lost my Cybertron Dirt Boss once, turns out he still on his shelf. How could i not notice that? <.<

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

You were probably looking for its vehicle mode, but it was displayed in robot mode, or vice-versa. I've done that before a few times. Robots in disguise, ya know?

~Z

18. Brainchild

He said it.
    No... NO!

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    He's right though. Everyone knows that Rumble is the blue one.

Proof

20. Brainchild

I, too, would love a good RIRFIB/FIRRIB argument, because it's so pointless and off-topic.
    I think we should just go ahead and drop this now.