The official "Who do you want in Universe / Classics 3.0" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Sep 5, 2009.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

I don't see why Hasbro won't redo Soundwave a a collecter's piece. Sure, high quality=high price, but I would pay.

2. GALAXY WARRIOR

GALAXY WARRIOR KO-CONVOY

ITS FOOLISH FOR THEM TO STOP UNIVERSE. universe is pretty much the perfect line. its a catch all. it allows for the many timelines and dimensions to all play together. in actuality i only collect universe of newly released toys. so they lose me pretty much instantly...which is fine on my pocket. but man hasbro just doesnt have their sht together. if the movies cant kill great lines theyll just have to kill it themselves.

3. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    I would like to finally see some humans brought back into the new Universe line.

Spike, Sparkplug, Kicker, Misha, Sari, even Daniel and his supersuit would be nice!!!

Kicker w/ a transforming sword/sled...hmmmm

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro have a bad habit of pumping out crap during a movie year. Doesn`t matter what line it is, SW, TF or GIJoe the bulk of the toys IMO are not paticarly good. The thing is the movie years bring in massive amounts of money and raises the brand profile. This allows for more experimental stuff in the non movie years.

With Star Wars for example. When the prequals were out, they churned out more junk than gems. Now however we are getting some really great stuff, if the toys hadn`t had done as well during those periods the line would not be what it is today. The huge Millenium Falcon is testament to that.

Im no great fan of ROTF and to be honest I partly blame it for TFA being canned, but hopefully this will keep the line going and allow some development when they get out of movie mode. I really like the HA stuff and would kill for a G1 Hound with Spike in that style.

While I would love the uni line back now, I have come to understand (and its taken a while) its a neccesary evil. As long as it does return and doesn`t go bayverse, I will just put my cash into other things, same as i`m doing with GI Joe.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    -Jazz a Prowl repaint
    -Wheeljack a new mold or a Sunstreaker repaint w/ new head
    -Soundwave New mold based off his G1 form
    I can only think of those guys right now.

6. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

My list

Legends: Gears, Cliffjumper, Huffer, Windcharger, Powerglide, Seaspray, Insecticons(yep), Soundwave Cassettes (F/R, LB, BS, Ratbat), Reflector Legends 3 pack.

Deluxes:Jazz, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Tracks, Red Alert, Skids, Blitzwing, Scourge, Dirge, TC, Thrust, Generic seeker(purple-ish) Soundwave(I'd take a gutted version of the MP3 mold honestly)Kup Blurr, Wreck Gar, Springer.

Voyager:Shockwave, Grapple, Dinobots, Blaster, Perceptor, Rodimus Prime, New Galvatron.

Any repaints that are obvious would be fine with me as long as new heads or something were added to distinguish the different character. For instance I thought of doing a custom repaint of legends movie Ratchet into Gears. I think it could work just fine as is. I like the idea of the Insecticons as legends size because you could buy alot of them(if you could find them :)  ) and army build if that's something you like to do.

7. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already posted this in another thread, but i might as well repost it here.

Deluxes:

T-Wrecks (BW10 Deluxe Megs)
    Apelinq (BW10 Deluxe Primal)
    Sky-Byte (energon sharkticon)
    Powerlinx Hot Shot (Henkei Hot Shot)
    Victory Leo (New Mold)

Voyagers:
    Hooligan (Classics Jetfire)
    Toxitron (Classics Prime)
    Star Saber (New Mold)

Ultras:
    Galvatron (Superlink Galvatron in Energon Galvatron Colors)
    Deszaras w/ Tigerbreast & Eaglebreast (New Molds)
    Rhinox w/ Ratrap (Voyager+Scout) (New Molds)

Victory Leo & Star Saber Would combine of course

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Just thought of one...Making the coveted Universe inferno...Into Grapple and Road Hauler!

9. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    You know this was gonna happen: Universe/Classics 3.0 speculation thread

So what do you think we will have this time around? I would like to see some more missing G1 like Jazz, Scourge and some new molds for previous characters from Unicron Trilogy, Beast Wars etc. What would you like to see?

BTW if there is a thread like this, delete this pls

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Omega Supreme. Supreme class

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    You know this was gonna happen: ANOTHER Universe/CLassics 3.0 speculation thread.

13. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, but this is the first one after the thraed about 3.0 in news and rumors ;) 

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Blitzing. Because there's a shortage of good Decepticon characters beyond the seekers and the cassettes.

Hasbro already mentioned the possibility of Wheeljack and Drift figures, so I'll assume they are due for Universe 3.0. I'd like Jazz as well, but that's a lot of white sportscars.

I suppose they could do the Jazz mold and release Stepper/Ricochet first.

Those are the ones I consider strong possibilities.

The wish list would be Dinobots, a Headmaster or 2, and Powermaster Prime.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's always the possibility of finding one of the 14,000 other speculation threads, and posting there.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Some people really love making these threads, don't they? *Facepalm*

17. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

New molds:

-Deluxe Transmetals Optimus Primal vs. Megatron 2-pack
    Like the [G1] Optimus vs. [G2] Megatron 2-pack, only with Transmetal Primal and Megatron.

-Voyager Rhinox
    Yes.

-Deluxe Soundwave
    A more up-to-date tape recorder with Rumble and Laserbeak included. Both can fit in the chest at the same time. The Ravage that came with Hound can also be part of the set. If anything, they can sell all the tapes (not included with Soundwave) in small packs like they did the Classics Minicons from the first run.

-Ultra Shockwave
    Not only would it be cool to have a big Shockwave figure, but the electronics would be a nice homage to the original toy.

18. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

Isn't this an oxymoron?

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I should say "one of those micro-cassette tape recorders". That help? They are newer than what Soundwave was in G1. :p 

20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Jazz, Blitzwing, and Targetmasters Kup, Blurr, and Scourge (wrapping up the big names from the movie cast and season 3-4). A G2 Exclusive set: G2 Ramjet (since that mold hasn't been repainted at mass market) vs. G2 Sideswipe.

Voyagers would include a much better Galvatron (they owe us after that POS in Universe 2), Thunderwing (at least based on the shell), and a redeco/remold or two of Inferno (Grapple & Hot Spot immediately jump to mind).

A Shockwave that can turn into a laser pistol would be cool, but I'm not sure if Hasbro is willing to go there. If they won't, they should give FansProject a chance if they want to. FP needs to do a Decepticon anyhow and Nemesis Primes armor barely counts.

+-MWG-+