The Official Transformers Reboot TFW2005 Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RoadBuster88, Jul 3, 2011.

1. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I would like all of us, as a whole, to come up with a proper story that is worthy for the big screen, with characters that will be relevant, void of plot-holes and with nods to old material that isn't too cheesy or stupid! :) 

Screenwriting.info: What Exactly Is a Script? What Makes Good Story?

Above is a site that shows what's needed in a good script.

Should it be a stand-alone film or set for a trilogy? I like the idea of the Star Wars approach, with the middle film having the Decepticons win and the third film being the return of the Autobots.

Let's try and keep it serious :) 

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How are we going to approach this? Are we going to discuss who we want in the movie and stuff like that, and then someone is going to write it up or are we going to write our own scripts?

3. RoadBuster88

I guess in proper old fashioned style! Firstly, we need a premise. A story. After that, we "cast" and see what character's are needed. A script that we can ALL agree on, a proper team effort :) 

4. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, I'll come up with something tomorrow because I am super tired and I can't think of anything.

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Let me start off by saying let's avoid using only and all of the G1 cast.

6. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only use certain G1 characters like Shockwave and mix it up by using some characters from under appriciated TF shows like Scourge. Also, how violent do we want Prime to be?

7. RoadBuster88

Definitely. Old and new characters are both good. Look at Barricade as an example, pretty popular and is basically a reversal of Prowl.

I guess the first thing to think about is, as it is a movie that will have to include human beings, it will have to be on Earth or a differing version of Earth somehow. Why and how would Transformers find themselves here?

8. RoadBuster88

I think the consensus with Prime's violence is that he should be pretty violent towards Decepticon's but not head-ripping with blood everywhere. Bonecrusher's death was quick and to the point, even though it was his head, it had no one-liners or over the topness about it. He was also defending himself really.

9. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe the Decepticons are looking for new worlds to conquer and they find Earth. The Autobots get wind of this and race to Earth to save it from the Decepticons.

10. RoadBuster88

That's pretty cool. Me and friends were talking about what would be a cool opening scene which is the one from the 86 movie where they are fighting on the ship and crash on Earth. Using your idea, some Autobots chase them from Cybertron and fight them to try and stop them but they all crash there.

11. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only problem with it is that its almost reverse G1.

12. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    IMO, if there is a reboot, it should be a three movie story arch.

Also, I have some ideas for the robot cast but if you's want to come up with story first I'll hold off on saying it for now.

13. RoadBuster88

Reverse G1 isn't really G1 ;) 

Yea character's should come after the plot and stuff, it would be a free-for-all in here otherwise lol.

14. BigBadBot666

BigBadBot666 Autobot Commander

I had the idea of the Star Wars kinda thing where:
    1-You find out about the Autobots
    2- The Decepticons win and one of the main Autobots die(Maybe Prime but not have him go out like a bitch like in ROTF or maybe have him pass on the Matrix to Hot Rod)
    3- The Autobots win in a Epic battle.

And for human characters don't have the boy and his car thing, have it about the military like NEST cause that wasnt to bad.

Maybe have a Decepticon go to the Autobots or an Autobot goes to the Decepticons.

NO INTRODUCING CHARACTERS EACH MOVIE! This got on my nerves because they didn't show/explain how they got there. Also this will give the characters more story development.

Maybe I think of some more stuff later on.

15. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Movie 1
    Heres my idea for a premise. Current Day Earth. It is discovered that all of the world's financial woes and pointless wars are being created/fought to make way for a total takeover of Earth. We find that there is an international covert group(think NWO conspiracies) working with Shockwave and Soundwave to create this instabilty and weakness to prepare the way for Megatron's Arrival. A young idealistic scientist finds evidence of a coverup and inadvertingly sets off an alarm.

Cybertron after the Great War. This signal is picked up by Wheeljack and/or Perceptor (Decepticon Technology on earth) who relays it to a Prime (doesnt have to be Optimus). A team must be assembled to go warn/protect earth.

16. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    So, how about about, if possibly planned as a trilogy, movie one would be...

The Autobots are already living on earth side-by-side with the humans (we do get some back story about how they got there though) while the Decepticons have control of Cybertron. The Autobots can have their own area on earth, maybe similar to autobot city.

Earth is beginning to approach it's end. Natural resources are depleted, famine across parts of the world has taken a turn from bad to worse, etc. Or the effects of global warming has become too bad to fix. Could be anything where earth is put it jeopardy.

The governments of the world reach out to the Autobots and ask for help. The autobots use their ship, the ark, to go into space in search of a world habitable for humans. Half the autobots go, while the other half stays behind.

The autobots reach the only viable planet in reasonable distance and set down upon it. What they soon find out is that the decepticons have been going from planet to planet depleating each one and this planet is next on their list. The autobots now have to make a choice if they should wage war against the decepticons for this planet or leave to go to back to earth having failed.

17. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I'm not a huge G1 fan but I would love a reboot more along those lines with the Ark and the Nemesis crashing on Earth. Maybe make the designs of the Transformers less busy so its easier for the eye. I would love a rebooted trilogy. How I'd love to see it:

Transformers 1
    Transformers 2: More than Meets the Eye
    Transformers 3: Robots in Disguise

You don't necessarily have to get all the Autobots on the Ark reactivated. Just a good chunk of the Decepticons in the first movie. Get the Autobots to work with humans to fight off the Decepticons by the end. Make the second one about Decepticons getting in touch with Cybertron and bringing reinforcements. Something along those lines anyway.

18. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I will say this for what its worth. I tried to give Star Wars ep 1 a chance last nite, I really did try to enjoy it. I am not a SW fan at all, I know just barely the names and shit from the classic ones.
    So I dont know if thats why, but I swear that movie was so BORING. Cool effects and shit, but NONSTOP droning on and on, BORING BORING BORING.

What I am trying to say is maybe its a good thing to not super geekify when it comes to dialogue and stuff. If I had to try and sit thru that shit in the theatres I dont even know man, just BAD.

I dont know if I can try ep 2. That shit is just not appealing.

So maybe the down to earth, human emotion based, big explosions, jokes, what have you would actually be better than say 15 minutes of Ratchet explaining shit or gettin all scientific and shit with Perceptor like they do on TNG.

I can see how it would be harder to drag a girlfriend to somethin like that somehow

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd have the series be a cross between IDW's Infiltration, Transformers Animated, Prime and a bit of Cybertron.

First Movie would probably bring the Autobots and Decepticons to Earth, they would already be on Earth as both sides are looking for their leaders and their respected Warships which are revealed to be mighty Transformers warriors Omega Supreme and Tidal Wave. Nest is reborn in this continuity.

Second movie: Optimus Prime begins to develop Nightmares caused by the Vok. get The Decepticons try to build a space bridge to Cybertron to gain contact to Shockwave and seen over a new army. The Movie would have a divide and conquer theme much like Empire Strikes Back with Two or Three groups of Autobots. Also Their would be a Autobot traitor among the heroes which's betryal changes the game. ends with a Bittersweet ending.

3rd movie: Decepticon Messanger Sideways reveals that Unicron will come to destroy Earth and Cybertron as he began re-activation after the signal flare charge from the Matrix revives him. The Autobots and Decepticons team up as a Armada to save cybertron and the universe. After finally unleashing the Omega Lock and the Omega Keys Primus is revelaed and the greatest battle in space is detirmined.
    The 3rd movie would be 3-4 hours long.

20. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you. Too much geeky stuff would kill it for general audiences. I don't even know if I would be able to handle it all. I think there needs to be a good balance between the stuff like in Bay's movies. Having a good balance gives it a wider audience range. Creates more fans than just alienating them.