The Official Transformers Merchandise Sightings Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thread proposed and approved [here] by TFW2005 mod Sol Fury.

The focus and purpose of this thread is to post sightings and photos of recent and upcoming, officially-licensed TF merchandise and products in general: apparel, home decor, games & puzzles, toddler toys, school supplies, stationery, accessories, electronics, etc.

Basically, anything not covered in the "Upcoming and Current Transformer Releases" stickied thread is welcome here. (And Toy Sightings should still be posted to the appropriate regional forum.)

And all TFW2005 frontpaged TF merch news items can be viewed here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/

I'd like to thank TFW2005 members ams and alphie for inspiring me to start this thread as a resource for other fans and collectors. I loved the thread ams maintained for Movie Toys & Merchandise. It was really useful for me and a very popular thread (32.7K views), and I was sorry to see it fall into the void after 2007 ended.

We also have a related thread on Weird TF Products that's been running since late 2009 and that I've made several contributions to.

Also related is the TF merch sightings at Walmart thread I started last year, which I may request to be merged with this one.

When posting sightings, please include the name of store where the item was sighted. And photos are not only welcome, they're requested. Otherwise, :useless 

Also, for archive's sake, please help to tag posts here on TFW2005 you come across related to general TF merchandise with "merch" or "merchandise."

Thanks in advance to everyone who assists in this effort.

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I've been posting recent merch sightings (with photos!) since June 2010 to the Georgia Transformers Fans blog:

- June 3, 2010 -- Knit hat and caps @ Spencer's Gifts:
    New TF Merch at Spencer Gifts « Georgia Transformers Fans

- Sept 30, 2010
    TF Merch Sightings About Town « Georgia Transformers Fans
    ROTF Prime and Bumblebee masks
    ROTF Prime "Cyber Sword"
    ROTF Optimus Prime piñata
    ROTF Party Favor Pack
    Halloween Costumes
    SpeedStars Lights & Sounds Bumblebee
    TF RPMs
    TF Bookbags (clearance)
    TF "Character Bandz"

- Nov 24, 2010
    Deck The Halls With TF Merch « Georgia Transformers Fans
    ROTF Bumblebee knit hat
    ROTF Backpack
    ROTF Fruit Flavored Snacks
    ROTF Bumblebee Birthday Banner
    ROTF Birthday Cards
    TF Animated Band-Aids
    TF Lite Brite
    ROTF Puzzles
    ROTF SpeedStars Bumblebee Track Set
    ROTF Bumblebee Thermal shirt
    ROTF Pajama sets
    ROTF sticker sets, including Bumblebee vehicle container

- Holiday-themed:
    ROTF gift wrap
    ROTF Bumblebee mini-stocking
    ROTF gift tag stickers
    ROTF "Fish 'N Splash" Gift Set
    ROTF Ornaments

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Uploaded another batch of recent TF merch sightings -- about 2 dozen images in all. A few items of note:

- ROTF Bumblebee backpack [Target]

[​IMG]

- ROTF wristwatches [Walmart]

[​IMG]

- ROTF Boys' hoodie [Walmart]

[​IMG]

- And a brand new knock-off ROTF Snuggie-type "Blanket With Sleeves"! $10 at Walmart.
    NOTE: This is NOT the same one FYE was selling in 2009. My local Walmart just stocked these on an endcap recently and have them on the checkouts as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the sake of comparison, here's the one FYE sold:

[​IMG]

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    One of my wife's Christmas gifts to me was an ROTF Cocoa Gift Set from Big Lots:

[​IMG]

This is a completely different set from one posted here in Nov. 1999:

[​IMG]

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This "Bodywash Pens" gift set showed up at my local Walmart about 2 weeks before Christmas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Sighted a variation on the "TF Character Bandz" at Walmart. It's a different manufacturer (Googly Bands), although some of the bands have the same designs. These also come 8 to a pack and for a $1 are much more reasonably-priced than the 20-band packs (which were initially $5).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Some recent sightings:

- TF Valentines (Walgreens):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- TF Valentines (Walmart):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- TF Animated Optimus Prime Battle Blaster (Fred's)
    Yeah, it's older product but at $24.99 it's cheaper than if you bought it on ebay or amazon.

[​IMG]

- TF Movieverse "Collector's Guide" (Fred's)
    Also older product and not so useful as a "guide" either, but it has some nice pull-out posters and it's only a $1. Not bad for you completists out there or if you have kids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Transformers Animated board books (Target)
    Again, older product but you'll find these for $1 in the dollar section at Target. I got both of them for one of my nephews.

[​IMG]

- ROTF Legends Class (Fred's)
    While this is thread is intended to be for general merchandise, I'll make an exception here since I never saw these in any stores before sighting them recently at a Fred's store. And they're only $4 each.

[​IMG]

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    One of my fellow members of the Georgia Transformers Fans group (linked in my sig line below) gave me a heads-up that the TF "Character Bandz" were also available in a 4-pack. But I hadn't been able to find them until they finally stocked them at my local Walmart recently:

[​IMG]

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This G1 Optimus Prime '84 graphic tee appears to be a PREVIEWS exclusive (available in the Feb 2011 issue) and can be ordered through Diamond Comics Distributors via your local comic shop:

[​IMG]

You bargain hunters out there should check your local Big Lots for some discounted TF toy deals. No pics since they're older items, but they've got Robot Heroes, TF Legends figures (like mini Leo Primes for $5), and KO-esque "Quick Change" toys of the Aerialbots, Constructicons and Insecticons for only $2.50.

Target has also begun discounting various items in their stationery dept -- including TF party favor items & decor, and TF stickers.

And these last few (older) items are currently available at Dollar Tree stores, and they're only $1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, I was working on a photo-intensive post with a lot of recent sightings and my browser glitched about halfway through and I lost it all. Since I have to start over again, I'm going to do this image dump in a series over the next few days, so I can actually get some sleep tonight.

First off, as I mentioned in this thread, it appears that "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" merchandise is arriving in stores much sooner than previously-announced for May 2011.

I spotted this DOTM boys PJ set at a Lee's Premium Outlets store in Commerce, GA, and note that the tag is a newly-designed DOTM logo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And technically this doesn't qualify as a "sighting" since it won't be released until Summer 2011, but the June/July 2011 issue of Non-Sport Update Magazine will include a preview of EnterPLAY's DOTM movie trading card set, which will also include TF dog tags and foil chase cards:

[​IMG]

On a related note, TFW members "Gaokaiser" and "secretcode" discovered Takara will be releasing a TF movie trading card game called "Heat Scramble Card Game System Transformers", and Takara's site offers a preview of the cards, and here's a look at the starter deck and booster box.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Cheap deals heads-up:

Some Toys R Us locations have discounted older TF movie and TFA items.

- ROTF "FatHead" wall stickers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- TFA Prime kids shirt (although the XL actually fits me):

[​IMG]

- TFA Prime/Bumblebee kids shirt:

[​IMG]

- ROTF "Battle Bots" candy dispenser/toy:

[​IMG]

- ROTF "Missle Mania" Game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- ROTF candy dispenser with toy keychain & light-up eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And previously linked in this thread, Target stores are have put most of their TF-related items in the Stationery dept on clearance, like this ROTF papercraft Bumblebee car & sticker set:

[​IMG]

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thanks to ORIO for posting a heads-up about IDW's 2012 TF calendar, releasing in August 2012:

Transformers IDW Art 2012 16 Month Wall Calendar - Transformers Books, Posters, & Music Calendars

And thanks to "ChEriks" for posting about these TF3 Optimus Prime "Ride-On" toys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's "part 1" of new TF merch sightings at Walmart. As I mentioned previously, many of these items are dated 2011 but they are either late ROTF product releases or pre-DOTM releases:

- "Headless" Bumblebee boys T-Shirt:

[​IMG]

- ROTF Bumblebee backpack/bookbag:

[​IMG]

- Easter gift-packaged kids Bumblebee wristwatch:

[​IMG]

- Bumblebee "Projector Flashlight" (thanks to Jason Blue Boost for the heads-up):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Movieverse Optimus Prime beach towel:

[​IMG]

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Sighted at Toys R Us:

- These "Light-Up Folding" Scooters are dated 2011, featuring movie Bumblebee and Prime:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a full image of the Bumblebee scooter, courtesy of toysrus.com:

[​IMG]

FYI: only the Bee scooter is listed on TRU's site.

- Movie lenticular sticker set:

[​IMG]

Same ones are also non-lenticular, as seen here with two other recent TF sticker set sightings:

[​IMG]

- 23" & 52" Kites (these have been released before, but packaging here is dated 2011):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- ROTF bike helmet/horn set:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sighted at K-Mart:

- DOTM beach towel, featuring Prime and Bumblebee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on the back of the tag, it mentions "Autobot Alliance" -- there's even a logo created for it!?!

[​IMG]

- Movie swim trunks:

[​IMG]

- ROTF kids socks:

[​IMG]

- ROTF rolling luggage:

[​IMG]

Sighted at Walmart:

- Bedroom decor set (shelf tags, and dept mgr says these are all-new stock as of early March 2011):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- ROTF Ratchet birthday card w/ sticker set:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Boys Bumblebee T-Shirt:

[​IMG]

- Boys Bumblebee PJs:

[​IMG]

- Boys Bumblebee swim trunks:

[​IMG]

- ROTF wall decor (located in party supplies):

[​IMG]

- ROTF fabric - these are also older, and I knew they existed but I had yet to see them at Walmart until recently. Not sure why the local stores were so slow to stock these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Also bought this transforming Prime wristwatch on clearance - my first time seeing it in stores, and it was the only one left:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sighted at Target:

- Bedroom decor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Boys Bumblebee T-Shirt:

[​IMG]

- Boys Prime T-Shirt:

[​IMG]

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Kind of slacked off and haven't uploaded some of these pics until now. A few are from early April.

But first, for archive's sake, here are some other recent contributions from the News & Rumors forum:

- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...0-transformers-play-doh-autobot-workshop.html

- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/400829-transformers-dark-moon-candy.html

- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/399796-transformers-footwear.html

- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/400739-transformers-dark-moon-costumes.html

Now for mine...

Sighted in PREVIEWS: The Comic Shop's Catalog (ordered through your local comics shop):

- Prime/Megatron "Torn" Ball Caps (priced at $23.99 each):

[​IMG]

Sighted at Dollar General:

- Boys graphic T-shirts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Boys ball cap:

[​IMG]

Sighted at Walmart:

- Men's hip-hoppy Autobots TF ball cap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Bubble-blowing Bumblebee (thanks to Jason Blue Boost for the heads-up):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Boys "Patriotic" graphic T-shirt:

[​IMG]

- Men's graphic T-shirts (I particularly like the Decepticon logo one -- makes you look like a human Constructicon!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Optimus Axl

Optimus Axl Active Member

where can I find those last few shirts? And when did you see that hip hoppy hat?

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I always list (and group) sightings by store locations in this thread. Perhaps you're scrolling through the images too quickly and overlooking the locations?

The last few T-shirts pictured above are currently at Walmart. A new 4-sided display of various pop culture-related Tees was added to the Men's Apparel section at my local Walmart just in the last week.

All three shirts are also available on Walmart.com.

The "hip-hoppy hat" is also, as mentioned above, from Walmart. My wife spotted it first, around mid-April.