The Official TFW Heartbreak Hotel/Forever Alone/Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's funny cause it's true.

I've known so many freakin women that act just like that it's insane.:lol 

2. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

This thread makes me cry tears of poo.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been looking for a girlfriend for years but just haven't been able to find anyone, much less get a date. It always seems everyone is either in a relationship or has no interest in being in one. I'm also not sure when it's the right time to ask someone out, should I get to know them over a long period of time to see if anything develops or ask them out relatively soon after meeting them? I did put a lot of effort into starting a relationship with a girl for years but she said that I never made it clear I wanted that (even though I thought I did) and that she doesn't date friends. I'm just not sure what to do, it seems so easy for everyone else to find someone.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that someone had said that to me when I was a teenager.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least if the guys at parties are nerds, make sure people know about your nerdiness. To nerds (well, at least to me; I'm not really sure if I'm a typical nerdy guy or not), very few things make a girl more attractive than being a nerd herself. And going by the pictures you've posted in the Show Yourself Thread, you're definitely not bad looking. It could be that, as Jazzhunter83 said, you intimidate them.

My advice to you: if you have to smoke to be in with the cool crowd, then you don't want to be in with them. Of course, this is coming from someone who hates the culture of "cool" kids in high schools, so I'd tell you that you don't want to be in with them anyway.

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Pick a guy. What will the guy say? No?

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I signed up for a dating site a few months ago because of my general shyness around women and my work schedule seems to be designed with the sole intention of not being allowed to go out and have a personal life (I haven't even made any friends since I graduated college, that's how bad it is). I set up profiles on several sites (for the record, I only pay one at a time, I'm going rotational here). I just got friendzoned by the girl that made me pull the trigger on for first stop. The sad thing is, she was the one that initiated contact.

I just wish there was a girl on this planet that actually followed their own damn dating advice.

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This. You have nothing to lose by asking. Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #62: The riskier the road, the greater the profit.

And this too. True story: I was always a bit of an outcast throughout high school. The reason? I did what I wanted and didn't give a flying Ratbat's ass what people thought. But I got picked on a lot because of it. Flash forward 15 years to a couple years ago. I get a message on facebook from a guy I went to high school with sending me this long diatribe about how sorry he was that he picked on me and how the reason he did it was because he was jealous of the fact that I had the courage to be myself and he regretted not having that same courage. Anyway, point of the story is, be yourself and don't worry about what others think because in the end, they'll respect you for being you.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You need to go where the singles are. And not pursue relationships with people who aren't interested in them. Join online dating sites, go to singles events in your community, ask your friends to hook you up with single friends, etc. etc. I'd advise against the bar scene though.

I guess if you're not in a situation where there's already the implication that it's singles looking for a relationship, treat someone you've just met as friends first, but for the love of all that is holy, don't act like there's an obligation for it to develop into something romantic. And if you find that things are going to stay a friendship as opposed to something more, and you're not happy with that, walk away instead of "putting in a lot of effort" to try and change their mind. You won't.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  10. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone, but this thread almost makes me feel better about myself.

Fifteen years old, closest thing to a girlfriend ever was a sort-of date to eith-grade prom.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd still like to know how someone manages to get 3/4 of a blowjob.

12. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what?

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That's when her gag reflex gets the better of her and she quits.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice. To be honest I don't know if I'm comfortable using dating sites, and I'm not really aware of any singles events in my community. The only one I've ever been to was a singles meet up at my local sci-fi convention, and it was about 3 girls to who knows how many boys. I've been asking my friends if they know anyone and have been expanding my social networks as well but no luck there so far.

As for putting a lot of effort in what I meant was I tried to spend a lot of time with her and try to get to know here better, kind of hoping a friendship would blossom into a relationship. I thought that was how most relationships start but I guess that doesn't always work.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And now you know :lolol 

16. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Throw me into the probably gonna be alone for a long time or enver getting anyone category.

Consider I'm a nerd/geek who enjoys LOTR, Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers, collects transformers figures...it's already hard enough.

Now throw disabled with health issues and has to spend about 95% of my time at home cause I'm usually not capable of actually going out and doing anything cause of my health issues.

Yeah, my chances aren't really too high. However, you can't give up. Someone is out there, just don't know how the hell she's going to find me or I her, considering I'm almost always at home.

17. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

That can only be fixed by a very rigid and enduring training sessions.

18. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I like talking to women and I am more confident in speaking to them than before but that is far as I go. Every time I get really close to them, I feel more like just being friends. My close friends tell me that the right one hasn't come or she wasn't meant for you, but it just feels like I was meant to be alone.

Well, if that person does come, I'm kinding hoping she finds me cuz sometimes we need that rather than the famous other way around.

19. Bigd

Bigd Autobot

[​IMG]

20. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Ah, actually...if you clench your left thumb in your left fist (so bend your thumb in and enclose in with your fingers so it's resting on your palm) firmly, it'll fix the gag reflex.

I cannot remember where I discovered that piece of information, or who told me..... but it really does work. Has you be your left thumb, right doesn't work. It suppresses the impulse, somehow...but I don't know how (ask Nacht, he's the resident soon-to-be-Dr-in-December). I

Go and try it - I mean use a toothbrush, obviously. Clench your left thumb and stick a toothbrush down your throat and you'll see what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.